Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

I find Rashford to be a frustrating player, quite overrated, anybody else think the same? 

I might be being too harsh considering he's a young player but I think he just does so many things wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I find Rashford to be a frustrating player, quite overrated, anybody else think the same? 

I might be being too harsh considering he's a young player but I think he just does so many things wrong. 

He has 3 full seasons under his belt as a first teamer and is earning first team wages at 200k, I don't think him being young is an excuse anymore, Daniel James and even Peireira outperformed him tonight, Martial is licking his lips

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I honestly think he could be the most overrated player in world football, certainly in the Premier League. He's so very average, if he wasn't English and playing for United he'd just be another speed merchant forward no one had heard of.

1 hour ago, RMCM said:

I honestly think he could be the most overrated player in world football, certainly in the Premier League. He's so very average, if he wasn't English and playing for United he'd just be another speed merchant forward no one had heard of.

I think Rashford has a few tricks yet has barely progressed since he first burst onto the scene.

I watched the other night where they badly needed to score and he was the only recognised striker, the ball was in the opposition box and I was amazed to see he was a spectator in right midfield. 

4 hours ago, RMCM said:

I think that title belongs to Paul Pogba. I have never seen a player who does so little get rated so highly. Througout his entire career at United, I haven't seen many games where he has wowed me. If anything, I think he has been sh*t more often than he hasn't. Tonight was standard Pogba, invisible. If the guy was as good as people say he is, he would be dominating games, but I can't think of a single game where he has done that. I have seen him have decent performances, but nothing special. Hazard, De Bruyne, Salah, Silva, Fabregas, Kante, Aguero, Eriksen, these players (and more) have all dominated games in a way that Pogba has never done in his career with United. Pogba performs no better than your average mid table Premier League midfielder for most of the season.

As for Rashford, I think he has stagnated. He is young though, so that could quickly change. But it's like @Slojo says, he does so many things wrong. I don't think he has a football brain, and this is one of those things that players don't tend to learn, they either have it or they don't. So often I see him play the wrong pass, take a heavy touch, fail to dribble past a player, he even misses a lot of easy chances. He just has a lot of issues in his game that hasn't improved since he burst onto the scene a few seasons ago. 

Reading footy365 who said Luiz turned on the magic with interceptions and long range passing in a dull game.

Re Pogba I think he just wants to be a media celebrity, famous for being famous which needs a good performance with something eye catching every now and again.

He has a great skillset yet lacks the drive of say a Kane, Sterling, Aguero or Mount, I think that is because he does not love the game just what the game can bring him personally.

Let's hope he realises his mistake when he's playing in another league. 

Such a poor game and underlined just how far United & Arsenal have fallen. Some very average players in both sides.

Must admit do love Roy Keane as a pundit. I know he is a bit marmite but I could listen to him talk football all night.

Think we almost want United to win a few games at this point because they are going nowhere as long as Solskjaer is there. A loss against Newcastle and Liverpool and he'd probably be out.

16 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Think we almost want United to win a few games at this point because they are going nowhere as long as Solskjaer is there. A loss against Newcastle and Liverpool and he'd probably be out.

I think it is more than just Solskjaer, think there is something wrong at the club.

My suspicions are:

• I believe someone in their staff is briefing some of the hostile media - JM mentioned a leak.
  • Too many mercenaries on the pitch too - Glazers and merchandising opportunities.
  • The Fergie tradition hanging like a millstone around the neck of the manager.

It is hard to see what decent manager would want that challenge, they might struggle for a while yet with or without Solskjaer.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

A win at Liverpool would probably keep him safe to Christmas at least. There is definitely rumbles of discontent at Utd and the supporters although always very loyal to OGS are beginning to turn. 

I think any manager coming in will have a major challenge to turn them around and his first job would be to get rid of Pogba. Most overrated player in the league if not Europe. More interested in image and stupid hairstyles than putting in a shift. I have seen paper talk about big European teams looking Pogba for fees of £150M+ but that must be all sh*t. His performances since his move back to the EPL couldn’t have gone unnoticed and UTd will be lucky to get their money back imho.

1 hour ago, goose said:

I think any manager coming in will have a major challenge to turn them around and his first job would be to get rid of Pogba. Most overrated player in the league if not Europe. More interested in image and stupid hairstyles than putting in a shift. I have seen paper talk about big European teams looking Pogba for fees of £150M+ but that must be all sh*t. His performances since his move back to the EPL couldn’t have gone unnoticed and UTd will be lucky to get their money back imho.

It's surprising to me that they are so desperate to keep a player that doesn't want to be at the club and have never performed at his best in his entire tenure there.
They would definitly be better off selling him and reinvesting the money in someone that buys into the ideas of the manager because Pogba clearly doesn't. He's potentially a world-class player though in my view, but Solskjaer is using him as a holding midfielder which is a colossal waste.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Reading footy365 who said Luiz turned on the magic with interceptions and long range passing in a dull game.

I think they were watching a completely different game to me as he was woefully out of position pretty much all the time, gave away his usual stupid fouls near the penalty area and mish*t several long passes. Some he made, fair enough but the majority didnt. 

The key to Luiz remaining at Arsenal for the next few seasons will be him throwing in the odd good performance, lets hope he can achieve that and remain their for a while, because if so,Abraham and Mount will be heading his way shortly.

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I think that title belongs to Paul Pogba. I have never seen a player who does so little get rated so highly. Througout his entire career at United, I haven't seen many games where he has wowed me. If anything, I think he has been sh*t more often than he hasn't. Tonight was standard Pogba, invisible. If the guy was as good as people say he is, he would be dominating games, but I can't think of a single game where he has done that. I have seen him have decent performances, but nothing special. Hazard, De Bruyne, Salah, Silva, Fabregas, Kante, Aguero, Eriksen, these players (and more) have all dominated games in a way that Pogba has never done in his career with United. Pogba performs no better than your average mid table Premier League midfielder for most of the season.

As for Rashford, I think he has stagnated. He is young though, so that could quickly change. But it's like @Slojo says, he does so many things wrong. I don't think he has a football brain, and this is one of those things that players don't tend to learn, they either have it or they don't. So often I see him play the wrong pass, take a heavy touch, fail to dribble past a player, he even misses a lot of easy chances. He just has a lot of issues in his game that hasn't improved since he burst onto the scene a few seasons ago. 

Pogba came into it a bit in the 2nd half, 1st half he just kept giving the ball away. But he's not on the level of all those players you just listed, far too inconsistent. 

I just don't really understand the hype about Rashford, when he first came on the scene he looked lightning, scored some amazing goals under LVG, but since then he has average. He is still young mind so you have to keep that in mind, but I can see why Mourinho wasn't fussed on playing him, besides his pace he doesn't really have much to offer. 

4 hours ago, coco said:

The key to Luiz remaining at Arsenal for the next few seasons will be him throwing in the odd good performance, lets hope he can achieve that and remain their for a while, because if so,Abraham and Mount will be heading his way shortly.

You mean they will play against him...or follow his career path...what