Jump to content

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20


Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, coco said:

After all the Sterling racism debate going on, you would think some players, especially Sterlings' very own team mates, would have more sense than to go posting on a public platform what i can only describe as a golly wog comparison. It may be a joke between friends, but why on a public platform for everyone to see? and why do it at a time where his team mate is heading an unofficial anti-racism campaign in football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49820205

 I was very surprised to read John Barnes sticking up for Peter Beardsley. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beggars can't be choosers. For Spurs, the league cup is their most realistic chance of winning anything. And they can't even do that. Poch is cutting an increasingly frustrated figure, and no wonder, their away record is beyond appalling.
Well done to Colchester for taking this scalp! Spurs are the new Arsenal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Beggars can't be choosers. For Spurs, the league cup is their most realistic chance of winning anything. And they can't even do that. Poch is cutting an increasingly frustrated figure, and no wonder, their away record is beyond appalling.
Well done to Colchester for taking this scalp! Spurs are the new Arsenal.

Obviously we do not know what is going on there, yet the Eriksen situation may be having an impact. Alli is injured and Kane looks increasingly frustrated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Obviously we do not know what is going on there, yet the Eriksen situation may be having an impact. Alli is injured and Kane looks increasingly frustrated.

Alli is 'injured' but is also total garbage, along with Dier and most of the rest of the team. Eriksen doesn't want to be there and Son is by far and away their best player. Poch won't last more than another season or two before leaving.

It's always nice to see and read about another team's meltdown. Makes a nice change. It's all happy-go-lucky with the yoof and Lamps! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Alli is 'injured' but is also total garbage, along with Dier and most of the rest of the team. Eriksen doesn't want to be there and Son is by far and away their best player. Poch won't last more than another season or two before leaving.

It's always nice to see and read about another team's meltdown. Makes a nice change. It's all happy-go-lucky with the yoof and Lamps! 

Son does play superbly for a while, haven't followed his progress to understand if he is only played when others are injured or whether his form is inconstant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49862651

Liverpool could face expulsion from the Carabao Cup if they are found to have fielded an ineligible player against MK Dons on Wednesday.

The EFL is investigating the third-round win, in which Liverpool fielded four teenagers in the starting line-up.

Sanctions could range from a fine to being ejected from the cup. Liverpool face Arsenal in the next round.

"The club are aware of a potential administrative issue pertaining to one of our players," a club statement said.

"We are working with the relevant authorities in order to establish the facts of the matter and will be making no further comment until this process is complete."

The EFL added: "We are currently considering the matter."

The identity of the player in question has not been disclosed.

In 2014, Sunderland were fined by the Premier League and the EFL after they fielded an ineligible player in four league matches and a League Cup match.

The club admitted they made an administrative error with striker Ji Dong-won but were not deducted points or kicked out of the cup.

Liverpool beat MK Dons 2-0 thanks to goals from James Milner and 17-year-old Ki-Jana Hoever, and are set to host Arsenal at Anfield in the week commencing 28 October.

Would be lovely if the Bin Dippers were thrown out of the Cup but I suspect all they'll receive is a fine and a rap on the knuckles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheffield's goalkeeper hasn't impressed me - at least not from what I've seen.

He was gaffe-prone against us as well.

Liverpool have been outperforming their Expected Goals/Points tally by a massive margin so far this season - over a season I expect that gap to close up somewhat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • coco unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...