Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I know it's very early in the season, but the previous three seasons the winners of the league have won 30 or more games. City can't really afford to lose ground on Liverpool.

I've made peace with the fact they're winning it at some point now, I simply don't have the mentally energy to adopt City as a second team for 6 months again.

Realistically even if it doesn't happen this season it will soon enough, every year City win it their hunger will drop while Liverpool's will grow and eventually that will tell. The best hope of denying them is if City can cling on until our boys mature to the top level.

5 hours ago, Argo said:

I've made peace with the fact they're winning it at some point now, I simply don't have the mentally energy to adopt City as a second team for 6 months again.

Realistically even if it doesn't happen this season it will soon enough, every year City win it their hunger will drop while Liverpool's will grow and eventually that will tell. The best hope of denying them is if City can cling on until our boys mature to the top level.

I don't think I will ever make peace with it, but if it was to happen, I wouldn't be anywhere near as bummed out as I would have been a few years ago. The media's love for Liverpool is unbearable at times, but it was much worse a few years ago when Gerrard and Carragher was playing for them, so them winning it without either of those two being involved is a lot more bearable than if they had won it with them both there.

• coco unpinned this topic