Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I know it's very early in the season, but the previous three seasons the winners of the league have won 30 or more games. City can't really afford to lose ground on Liverpool.

I've made peace with the fact they're winning it at some point now, I simply don't have the mentally energy to adopt City as a second team for 6 months again.

Realistically even if it doesn't happen this season it will soon enough, every year City win it their hunger will drop while Liverpool's will grow and eventually that will tell. The best hope of denying them is if City can cling on until our boys mature to the top level.

5 hours ago, Argo said:

I've made peace with the fact they're winning it at some point now, I simply don't have the mentally energy to adopt City as a second team for 6 months again.

Realistically even if it doesn't happen this season it will soon enough, every year City win it their hunger will drop while Liverpool's will grow and eventually that will tell. The best hope of denying them is if City can cling on until our boys mature to the top level.

I don't think I will ever make peace with it, but if it was to happen, I wouldn't be anywhere near as bummed out as I would have been a few years ago. The media's love for Liverpool is unbearable at times, but it was much worse a few years ago when Gerrard and Carragher was playing for them, so them winning it without either of those two being involved is a lot more bearable than if they had won it with them both there.

Ah ffs what the heck City? How can you lose at Norwich who have no defenders.

Only thing that made Pool winning the Champions league even a tiny bit tolerable was them missing out on the title. 

Steven's slip must remain defining!

Long season ahead, wouldn't hand over the title to Liverpool just yet. Once the Champions league start, players rotation and fatigue will play big parts, and no team could maintain the same momentum for 9 months. The title race is never that straight forward

16 hours ago, Deino said:

Utd wins due to a penalty again. Wtf at least 40% of penalties of the entire league at this point??

I waiting for the Scooby Doo moment when Mike Riley rips off his mask to reveal he was Fergie all along. It’s getting a bit ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Stim said:

That pepe guy has been more miss than hit so far

Reminds me a littlebit of Salah when he was with us actually.

I think he's got great potential too though.

5 minutes ago, Stim said:

That pepe guy has been more miss than hit so far

He wasn't what they needed to sign either, there defence is abysmal and signing Luiz was never going to sort it out.