Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

7 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

As much as I enjoy Luiz doing his bit at Arsenal, wouldn't it be great to have him now if we are playing 3 at the back? 

I actually think Tomori is showing promise there with hopefully less of the errors, time will tell I guess.

Callum Wilson has carried over his good form from last season. Saw this info about him today.

The most goal involvements by English players in the Premier League since the start of last season:

Raheem Sterling - 32 (22G, 10A)

CALLUM WILSON - 26 (17G, 9A)

Jamie Vardy - 26 (21G, 5A)

Harry Kane - 25 (20G, 5A)

Marcus Rashford - 20 (13G, 7A)

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Attempts at goal in the Premier League this season:

Arsenal 8-9 Newcastle
Arsenal 15-18 Burnley
Arsenal 8-25 Liverpool
Arsenal 7-31 Watford

Is that it? I heard the figure was 96 shots, which for perspective is 14 more than that Derby 07/08 side at the same stage and the same amount as Bolton this season after 5 games who in those games had mostly 17 year olds playing.

4 hours ago, sonic90 said:

As much as I enjoy Luiz doing his bit at Arsenal, wouldn't it be great to have him now if we are playing 3 at the back? 

Have to respectfully disagree. We need to move on from senior players that are garbage. Bad influence on the young players as well. 

Wasn't really sure where else to put this. 

Anyone seen the website The Athletic? They've sort of appeared out of nowhere regarding English football coverage and the start of this season they've managed to recruit some quite big football journalists to write for them. Dominic Fifield, Amy Lawrence and Oliver Kay have all joined them recently. 

It's a subscription website but it looks like they're churning out a lot of content, just thought it was interesting to see written media be so aggressive. 

37 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Anyone seen the website The Athletic? They've sort of appeared out of nowhere regarding English football coverage and the start of this season they've managed to recruit some quite big football journalists to write for them. Dominic Fifield, Amy Lawrence and Oliver Kay have all joined them recently. 

It's a subscription website but it looks like they're churning out a lot of content, just thought it was interesting to see written media be so aggressive. 

The editor or owner (sorry, I can't remember which) was interviewed on the Today Programme on BBC Radio 4 last week. I only managed to listen to some of the interview but interviewer asked about the title i.e. athletic in this country tends to refer to track and field rather than football. The interviewee responded by saying that the idea for the title came from the states where athletic encompasses a number of sports. Will try and find a clip of the interview.

Just seen this on the BBC about Lukaku.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49713647

An Italian television station says it will not use one of its pundits again after he made a racist comment about Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

Speaking on TopCalcio24, Luciano Passirani said: "If you go one-on-one with him he will murder you.

"The only way to come up against him is maybe give him 10 bananas to eat..."

Programme director Fabio Ravezzani said, despite Passirani's "immediate apologies" that "he could no longer participate in our broadcasts".

Lukaku, who moved from Manchester United to Inter in the summer, helped his side to a 1-0 win against Udinese on Saturday.

"Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist," added Ravezzani.

"I think it was a terrible lack of momentary lucidity.

"I cannot tolerate any kind of errors, even if momentary."

Lukaku was recently subjected to monkey chants by Cagliari fans when he scored a penalty for his side in a 2-1 victory.

Afterwards, the Belgium international said the abuse showed the game was "going backwards".

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Yep they’ve hoovered up all the best talent from Guardian, Times, Telegraph etc. American backed and they’re going in hard it seems. Some really interesting articles and they seem to have scope to really go specific with their topics. I reckon it could be worth paying.

Pep is in crisis mode with Stones going down. All the hub bub about how good he is at developing young players and he can't find a stop gap CB ftom in their ranks after 3 seasons? 

Spend your way out City. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues