Mason Mount

Argo
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, Kantesmini said:

Last time I looked into our wages our top bracket was 150kpw with some exceptions

mounts on around 80kpw so 150kpw or less plus bonus structure should suffice surely?!

FFP in all although a shambles also new owners will be going through all of it may seek reductions/adjustments on new contracts for all ofc could also increase it

should be wage caps, mental amounts regardless

1 minute ago, azpi28 said:

i wouldn't be against 200k a week + bonuses. But they will never start with that. He's on 58K a week and has 3 years left. So either he will miss out on let's say an extra 100k a week for 3 years, which is almost 16 million pounds (if he tries to run out his contract) or he signs a new one which runs till ~ 2027, collects a sign on fee and has his wages almost tripled 

I'm thinking in the mind of both James and Mount. 

If I'm a club product and one of the most consistent performers in the club (also with the highest potential) and the likes of Werner and Lukaku are being rewarded for mediocrity, I question just how much my parent club values me when I'm only offered 150kpw. Especially when European giants are rumored to want me as well. 

3 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

You think Reece James will accept that knowing Real would offer him double that? There's club loyalty but there needs to be some common ground. 

There's got to be a sweet spot + bonuses. Still think 200kpw on a 5 year deal + bonuses for reaching targets is the best way forward. 

Madrid wouldn’t though; they are getting rid of the big wages because it became unsustainable. They players they have been signing in the last 2yrs have been on reasonable wages. Vinicius on his new improved contract tripling his wages is on €10m. Like someone pointed out, you start signing new players on massive wages, the guys that won the CL & league will start knocking & asking for new contracts.

We don’t have Roman anymore to keep padding our books with £50m+ annually, and I can’t see the new guys doing that. The Liverpool way is the smart way to go if we can shift the underperformers this summer but then Tuchel is chasing Dembele on massive wages. Mane is leaving because Liverpool wouldn’t budge & break their wage structure to improve his contract from £150k to £300k. That contract demand is linked to Salah demanding to be played market price for his service, & Liverpool not willing to offer more than £300k/w. They budge on both offers, Van Dijk, & Trent will come knocking for new contracts. That is the smart way, & we are behind them in revenue.

11 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

If I'm a club product and one of the most consistent performers in the club (also with the highest potential) and the likes of Werner and Lukaku are being rewarded for mediocrity, I question just how much my parent club values me when I'm only offered 150kpw. Especially when European giants are rumored to want me as well. 

with all respect to Madrid, they can't afford Reece James. They can only get our players if they are out of contract or left on a 1 year deal. Even then we made them pay insane amounts of money for our top players. They can be interested, that doesn't matter if you have a contract till 2025. Carvajal has been a loyal Madrid player and starter for years and he's on 150K a week. Courtois is on 190K a week and that was after he won best goalkeeper in the World Cup. everything between 150K and 200k is perfectly reasonable. We always act like the club owns them something but what about the other way around???? Where would Reece James be today if not for that season under Frank Lampard? Didn't Chelsea made him into the player he is today?

in 2027 Reece James will still only be 27 yrs old, he can sign a big contract at that age 

Edited by azpi28

3 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Its a good point most would argue its about the timing for certain players in order to get some as they wont take small wages regardless, Mount and Reece bit different as pretty much homegrown and have had recent break throughs into the team, At this level unless you're Ronaldo or Messi you would like to think most of them aren't out the back comparing their monetary d1ck sizes although i could be wrong haha

Mount and Reece both def deserve good new deals one hand washes the other but we cant go the man utd way pay everyone a literal ton of money blow the wage structure apart like its sea of thieves and end up mid table!!

If both get almost or more than double their current wages but don't accept then that's where it will get iffy but that's why they have agents/reps and spend lots of time negotiating

1 minute ago, ducavis said:

Madrid wouldn’t though; they are getting rid of the big wages because it became unsustainable. They players they have been signing in the last 2yrs have been on reasonable wages. Vinicius on his new improved contract tripling his wages is on €10m. Like someone pointed out, you start signing new players on massive wages, the guys that won the CL & league will start knocking & asking for new contracts.

We don’t have Roman anymore to keep padding our books with £50m+ annually, and I can’t see the new guys doing that. The Liverpool way is the smart way to go if we can shift the underperformers this summer but then Tuchel is chasing Dembele on massive wages. Mane is leaving because Liverpool wouldn’t budge & break their wage structure to improve his contract from £150k to £300k. That contract demand is linked to Salah demanding to be played market price for his service, & Liverpool not willing to offer more than £300k/w. They budge on both offers, Van Dijk, & Trent will come knocking for new contracts. That is the smart way, & we are behind them in revenue.

Real just offered Rudiger £325kpw per Matt Law, so Real will still pay well for quality. Liverpool have arguably the best attack on the planet but aren't paid like they are the best attack on the planet. Much like Rudiger, Salah and Mane are in a position where their last contract will be their last big one. So they are doing everything feasible to achieve that. 

Again, I firmly believe Mount + James have the club loyalty factor, but common ground needs to be met. I personally think its more sustainable to tie down our valuable assets long term vs offering them contracts where we are at risk of them not renewing. I still think £200kpw on a 5 year deal + bonuses for achievements is the best for all parties. 

the only reason Madrid can offer Rüdiger that amount of money is because Bale, Isco & Marcelo are leaving which free's up around 1 million pounds a week in wages.

The younger players in the Madrid squad like Camavinga and Valverde are on 137K and have contracts till 2027. That seems to me very reasonable and good policy. 

Courtois who they acquired after he just won the Golden Glove at the World Cup is "only" on 194k a week

i did the math before 

we get rid of Barkley, Werner, Lukaku, Sarr, Alonso, Kepa & Azpi (will free up 1.222.000 a week)

Rüdiger and Christensen are already leaving which frees up an additional 180K a week 

this means we can afford to invest up to 1.4 million a week in wages, 340K of that already going to the Mount, James and Mendy extensions 

we can easily afford wages of 200k for Reece and Mason if we get rid of all of these average players who are on very high wages 

i actually think the Reece James and Mason Mount extension will be a goodbye present from Marina 

or that's what i hope

13 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Real just offered Rudiger £325kpw per Matt Law, so Real will still pay well for quality. Liverpool have arguably the best attack on the planet but aren't paid like they are the best attack on the planet. Much like Rudiger, Salah and Mane are in a position where their last contract will be their last big one. So they are doing everything feasible to achieve that. 

Again, I firmly believe Mount + James have the club loyalty factor, but common ground needs to be met. I personally think its more sustainable to tie down our valuable assets long term vs offering them contracts where we are at risk of them not renewing. I still think £200kpw on a 5 year deal + bonuses for achievements is the best for all parties. 

Before or after tax?

Even euros if after tax that is a state fund level wage haha jesus christ

If real are paying anyone's wages at 352kpw after tax then ffp should be shelved for good and allowed to pay anything for anyone and its all out the window, Makes the last what, 10yrs of structuring pointless huh

Billionaire footballers is how the world ends peopleeee!!!

4 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Liverpool have arguably the best attack on the planet but aren't paid like they are the best attack on the planet.

Or alternatively you could argue that the attack that couldn't score a single goal in three cup finals is actually already overpaid ... ? :-) 

Edited by Sexyfootball

17 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Barca's issue was that they were rewarding everyone with ridiculous salaries which destroyed the wage structure. Bloody Sergio Roberto was even on 300kpw. Sergio Roberto!Barca and Real knew in the past they would get bailed out by the Spanish government. but not this time.

Rewarding players for performance and loyalty will likely set a good precedent vs a bad one. 

You think giving 22 year old £200k+ a week won't ruin our wage structure? We'd be nearly quadrupling Reece's wage, then in 3 years we'd have to do that again when he needs an extension.

We've already started to set a bad precedent with Timo and Lukaku's salary, we need to stop it. 

Putting 22 year olds on £200k+ a week is dangerous, don't care how good they are. £140k a week is still a reward.

17 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Real would have to pay £100m for James, unlike with Rudiger. If they're willing to spend that on a RB then give him £300k a week we really can't compete and we shouldn't be breaking our balls to try to. If that happens, just sign Livramento back. 

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Real would have to pay £100m for James, unlike with Rudiger. If they're willing to spend that on a RB then give him £300k a week we really can't compete and we shouldn't be breaking our balls to try to. If that happens, just sign Livramento back. 

i really don't see the point for James to leave and go to Madrid now, except for money. Is he going to play for Madrid for 10+ years? La Liga is a boring competition. You will basically have like the CL and 4 big games a season (Barcelona home and away and Atletico home and away, and often those games don't really matter because they are at that point already 15 points clear). He needs to win the PL and FA Cup first. He can go to Madrid in 2027 and he will still only be 27 and he could sign an enormous 5 year deal at that point if he wants to. Same goes for Mason. Also they shouldn't forget who turned them into the players they are today. 

2 minutes ago, azpi28 said:

i really don't see the point for James to leave and go to Madrid now, except for money. Is he going to play for Madrid for 10+ years? La Liga is a boring competition. You will basically have like the CL and 4 big games a season (Barcelona home and away and Atletico home and away, and often those games don't really matter because they are at that point already 15 points clear). He needs to win the PL and FA Cup first. He can go to Madrid in 2027 and he will still only be 27 and he could sign an enormous 5 year deal at that point if he wants to. Same goes for Mason. Also they shouldn't forget who turned them into the players they are today. 

English players don’t even move abroad when the PL is the best product around. Off my head Beckham has been the biggest export, and he was pushed out by Fergie. The ones plying their trade abroad presently are doing it because of playing opportunities (Tammy, Tomori, Bellingham), and would be back in the PL in the next few years. James moving abroad is a non- starter.

12 minutes ago, azpi28 said:

Him and his dad have both come out and said they want Reece to be synonymous with Chelsea. Their aim is for him to be our captain, i personally don't think Madrid have any chance of signing him. For players from the continent, playing for Madrid/Barca has a certain allure, but that's not the case with English players. 'Foreign' players are more than happy moving away to play in a top league, English lads don't have to do that. They can spend their entire careers playing in the best league, living in their home country surrounded by their mates and people speaking the same language of them. I'm quote confident believing Reece and Mason will spend the majority of their careers at Chelsea, with one as captain and the other as vice, à la Terry and Lamps.

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Him and his dad have both come out and said they want Reece to be synonymous with Chelsea. Their aim is for him to be our captain, i personally don't think Madrid have any chance of signing him. For players from the continent, playing for Madrid/Barca has a certain allure, but that's not the case with English players. 'Foreign' players are more than happy moving away to play in a top league, English lads don't have to do that. They can spend their entire careers playing in the best league, living in their home country surrounded by their mates and people speaking the same language of them. I'm quote confident believing Reece and Mason will spend the majority of their careers at Chelsea, with one as captain and the other as vice, à la Terry and Lamps.

All true and I agree but add in some hot European babes and it all goes out the window haha

• 3 weeks later...