Kai Havertz

I just watched a highlight reel of this guy. I know they can be taken with a pinch of salt, but he really does look special! Sort of reminds me of Firminho, strength, finishing, ball control, skillful, can head it. Personally from what i've seen i can see us bunging him up top. Ziyech will play on the right and be slinging in crosses, Pulisic up the left with his crazy direct running, Kai playing the sort of 9 that Firminho is and Werner playing as a second striker floating from side to side running in from behind. IF this comes off our attacking force will be challenging if not surpassing Liverpool and City. Tammy, CHO and Giroud wont see a lot of mins i think.

Question remains about the rest of the team, Kova for me is un-droppable, the second central midfielder for me is Mount for his pressing and shooting, Kante is prone to injury and errors, think he should be sold whilst value is still high, i like Jorginho, and Ruben as back up and bench options. Barkley does a good job but is now probably surplus to requirements, Billy needs a season loan.

Defence.. our RB is sorted, personally LB i think Alonso is fine as long as we get a good CB, currently our crop are all beta's any could be a great partner to a quality CB, not sure who but this is important just as Van Dijk was important to Liverpool, so one in one out (prob Rudiger), and my god do we need a new goalkeeper, Kepa is just hopeless! Oblak 🤞🙏, Onana could be a good cheaper option!

Edited by Jackbuchanan

5 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Or Super Frank can turn us into one of the world’s best teams so there’s no need for Havertz to leave. Look at Liverpool for example, you wouldn’t think any of the front three would be interested in going to Barcelona or Madrid.

Dont think either Barca or Madrid would want Firminho or Salah.. Mane is the only one and I think Real Madrid were actually in for him at one point. If they made a proper offer he will go

3 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

I just watched a highlight reel of this guy. I know they can be taken with a pinch of salt, but he really does look special! Sort of reminds me of Firminho, strength, finishing, ball control, skillful, can head it. Personally from what i've seen i can see us bunging him up top. Ziyech will play on the right and be slinging in crosses, Pulisic up the left with his crazy direct running, Kai playing the sort of 9 that Firminho is and Werner playing as a second striker floating from side to side running in from behind. IF this comes off our attacking force will be challenging if not surpassing Liverpool and City. Tammy, CHO and Giroud wont see a lot of mins i think.

Question remains about the rest of the team, Kova for me is un-droppable, the second central midfielder for me is Mount for his pressing and shooting, Kante is prone to injury and errors, think he should be sold whilst value is still high, i like Jorginho, and Ruben as back up and bench options. Barkley does a good job but is now probably surplus to requirements, Billy needs a season loan.

Defence.. our RB is sorted, personally LB i think Alonso is fine as long as we get a good CB, currently our crop are all beta's any could be a great partner to a quality CB, not sure who but this is important just as Van Dijk was important to Liverpool, so one in one out (prob Rudiger), and my god do we need a new goalkeeper, Kepa is just hopeless! Oblak 🤞🙏, Onana could be a good cheaper option!

The thing with Mount is that he is more known for his pressing from the front. Playing slightly deeper would change his game dramatically.

"The thing with Mount is that he is more known for his pressing from the front. Playing slightly deeper would change his game dramatically."

I actually think it would improve his game dramatically. I think he will develop into a better Matic. His strengths offensively are hitting it from distance and slotting a pass forward with pace through the lines. He really struggles technically near the box, but plays well forward. He also seems to run into others passing lanes a bit much for my liking.

7 hours ago, Deino said:

He's a a box to box No. 8 ever since he was a kid. He just looks like a winger. 

I agree with this. I just love the intensity he plays with, his work rate, decent long shot and good forward passing. When the opposition have the ball he's always all over them fighting to win the ball back,  and when he has the ball he's always making something happen, i'd far sooner see him in a midfield battle as opposed to trying to run through the oppositions defensive line.

Oh, and sorry for derailing this thread and making it about Mount. Just i initially thought Havertz would push him out the team, but looking at their styles they are so different and i see them playing completely different positions.

Edited by Jackbuchanan

On 25/07/2020 at 14:57, Jackbuchanan said:

Alonso is definitely not fine. In fact I think he’s awful. 

Alonso is a good choice when you go with this 3 at back wingback system. Not many better than him. He just need legs like Tomori's to cover for him. Would be insane to sell him. Just sell Emerson and get a left back that can play 4 at back.

29 minutes ago, evissy said:
7 hours ago, ekimozturk said:

Alonso is a good choice when you go with this 3 at back wingback system. Not many better than him. He just need legs like Tomori's to cover for him. Would be insane to sell him. Just sell Emerson and get a left back that can play 4 at back.

Agree 100%

36 minutes ago, evissy said:
7 hours ago, ekimozturk said:

Yes, he is a good choice to have in the squad. He also has a good eye for goal.

i would say we definitely should keep him. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:
9 hours ago, ekimozturk said:

The thing is Frank doesn't want to play 3 at back. He prefers it only for the most important games usually following poor performance. 

Otherwise you are 100% right sir, it would be insane to sell Alonso if we play with wingback, I just don't see it happening at regular basis. 

On 25/07/2020 at 22:48, Deino said:

He's a a box to box No. 8 ever since he was a kid. He just looks like a winger. 

Mount is a nice player, however he is not a top winger. He lacks finishing skills, ability to beat a player 1 v1 and he is below average on aerial balls. He also tends to bunch up too much with teammates in the box. He is young and will improve. However, he would help Chelsea more right now as a midfielder 

11 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Why is that in Spanish?

I was thinking the same! Must be a fault by Google.

EDIT: Just realised that’s Bayer leverkusen’s Spanish twitter account. Makes no sense though!

Edited by dansubrosa

This will get interesting, Bayern Leverkusen says they want €100M all along, and that there would be no Coronavirus discount. However there aren’t any other bidders, so why would we pay that? That is about the only thing I could see slowing this deal down.

34D2F949-26E7-4273-93D8-3016D840D781.jpeg

4 minutes ago, HOUCHELFAN said:

This will get interesting, Bayern Leverkusen says they want €100M all along, and that there would be no Coronavirus discount. However there aren’t any other bidders, so why would we pay that? That is about the only thing I could see slowing this deal down.

34D2F949-26E7-4273-93D8-3016D840D781.jpeg

Havertz wants to leave and there is no team other than Chelsea bidding on him. There has to be a COVID 19 discount or there will be no deal. There will be another discount if Leipzig insist he play in the Europa League in August. I predict $55 million, with up to $20 million of add ons.