Chelsea v Burnley (PL) Sat 11th Jan 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 minutes ago, ducavis said:

That midfield 3 of Jorginho- Barkley & Mount makes no sense. Why does he keep tinkering in the middle of the park? Shuffled the defence also.

Fingers crossed we get all 3pts.

I agree and if we don't get 3 points we will all likely be questioning Barkley over Kovacic.

Fine with Barkley coming on as a sub yet starting not so sure, hopefully Frank has a master plan.

Notice no Kante on the bench.

10 minutes ago, ducavis said:

That midfield 3 of Jorginho- Barkley & Mount makes no sense. Why does he keep tinkering in the middle of the park? Shuffled the defence also.

It actually makes sense. It is an attacking midfield trio compared to the usual jorginho kova and kante trio.  We have a problem breaking down teams but this midfield will have Burnley on the backfoot.. 

I actually feel positive about this one especially with no useless Emerson

13 minutes ago, ducavis said:

We've lost several home games with similar midfields, why are you surprised he's trying something different? 

Sorry to tell you guys but this is the worst possible game we can have this season. Massive bus with the skills to counter at the Bridge. Doesn't even matter what kind of setup we have. We just need some great individual effort to have a chance of winning this. An early goal or two is the key. Kind of glad I can't watch it. Hope Frank has some diabolical plan to break them down.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

We've lost several home games with similar midfields, why are you surprised he's trying something different? 

Personally I feel Jorginho only works with a chaperone disciplined enough to sit next to him. Barkley is a 10, and Mount is meant to be pressing their defence.

Fingers crossed I am wrong because we need all 3pts.

Kovacic not starting doesn't surprise me. He hasn't been anywhere near his best for about a month. Barkley starting is a bit of a surprise however Lampard probably expects a bit of a bus being parked so is looking at which of his options on the middle us best placed to prise it open. Only problem is Barkley will be massively short of match sharpness.

5 minutes ago, loz said:

Only problem is Barkley will be massively short of match sharpness.

I suppose the upside to that is he didn't play over Xmas so should be pretty fresh. 

6 minutes ago, loz said:

Kovacic not starting doesn't surprise me. He hasn't been anywhere near his best for about a month. Barkley starting is a bit of a surprise however Lampard probably expects a bit of a bus being parked so is looking at which of his options on the middle us best placed to prise it open. Only problem is Barkley will be massively short of match sharpness.

So Barkley is exactly the wrong type of player to play against a packed defence. He makes all the wrong decisions when he has to think quickly.