Jump to content

Recommended Posts


5 hours ago, rtwelch said:

Heard good things about him... and the price seems right. Him and Maatsen as back up?

At 27 probably not be wanting to play a back up though would he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He would definitely be my first choice as a potential left back signing, having Tagliafico, Alonso & Maatsen would give us a good blend of options at left back.

Tagliafico would be first choice however Alonso would allow us to change formation and play with wing backs (Which I think is our preferred formation against better opposition) & Ian Maatsen can hopefully get a some game time in the cup games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MissouriBlue said:

At 27 probably not be wanting to play a back up though would he?

I meant Maatsen as back up and sell Alonso & Emerson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not saying it won't happen but it would be unusual to sign two players from the same club in the same window. Any other notable times this has happened?

On scanning twitter the view is he is a more rounded defensive full back and Ajax referred to him as their "warrior" in a tweet. A good sign surely. I like the idea of having a full back bombing on (RJ) and the other (Possibly NT) playing deeper and providing more cover. 

Edit: Just remembered we signed Ferreira and Carvalho in the same season from Porto.

Edited by rtwelch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rtwelch said:

Not saying it won't happen but it would be unusual to sign two players from the same club in the same window. Any other notable times this has happened?

On scanning twitter the view is he is a more rounded defensive full back and Ajax referred to him as their "warrior" in a tweet. A good sign surely. I like the idea of having a full back bombing on (RJ) and the other (Possibly NT) playing deeper and providing more cover. 

Edit: Just remembered we signed Ferreira and Carvalho in the same season from Porto.

Costa and Luis from Atletico in 2014, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he will be 28 this year. i dont know if Chelsea can sign that kind of player, if we give him a 4-year contract, he will be 32 by the time that contract expires, and if we give him a 5-year contract, he will be 33 by the time that contract expires. So are we going to sign a player on a 3-year deal?

I dont know if Chelsea can sign that kind of player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/06/2020 at 15:37, hephzibah said:

I think he will be 28 this year. i dont know if Chelsea can sign that kind of player, if we give him a 4-year contract, he will be 32 by the time that contract expires, and if we give him a 5-year contract, he will be 33 by the time that contract expires. So are we going to sign a player on a 3-year deal?

I dont know if Chelsea can sign that kind of player.

At the reported £22m i think it definitely be something we would go for. We almost spent that on Giroud, who was 3 years older, and was really only signed as a back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2020 at 10:37, hephzibah said:

I think he will be 28 this year. i dont know if Chelsea can sign that kind of player, if we give him a 4-year contract, he will be 32 by the time that contract expires, and if we give him a 5-year contract, he will be 33 by the time that contract expires. So are we going to sign a player on a 3-year deal?

I dont know if Chelsea can sign that kind of player.

A guy who is a reliable defender and available for his price?  Uh, yeah.  He's the kind of player we should be signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all the options I saw mentioned, it always seemed the best and most balanced.
He's a pretty good guy in almost every aspect of the game and with personality and intensity.
For a reasonable price.
It is the smart option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should we fail to qualify for the CL, waving the money in his face may persuade him to sign for us, instead of staying with Ajax and CL football next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Of all the options I saw mentioned, it always seemed the best and most balanced.
He's a pretty good guy in almost every aspect of the game and with personality and intensity.
For a reasonable price.
It is the smart option.
But first and foremost we need to change the coach. The coach needs to go. Am I right? I am right. Aren't I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Should we fail to qualify for the CL, waving the money in his face may persuade him to sign for us, instead of staying with Ajax and CL football next season.
Champions league is such an overrated Cup. We should gun for Carabao. CL lacks the prestige of Carabao Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slojo said:

Better than Chillwell, and a lot cheaper, it's a no brainer. I'll be f**king fuming if we sign Chillwell. 

We certainly need a few players at more reasonable fees ... which is why I think we'll end up with three Ajax players (Ziyech being joined by Tagliafico and Onana)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

We certainly need a few players at more reasonable fees ... which is why I think we'll end up with three Ajax players (Ziyech being joined by Tagliafico and Onana)

If that happens, I really want to get back to my office and look innocently at my colleagues ranting about the foulness of Russian money  :drama::happy001:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

We certainly need a few players at more reasonable fees ... which is why I think we'll end up with three Ajax players (Ziyech being joined by Tagliafico and Onana)

No thanks to Onana, but would take Tagliafico in a heartbeat.

Assuming we sign Kai, ideally would want Tagliafico, Oblak and Skriniar/Koulibaly as our next 3 signings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...