Chelsea v Man City (PL) Thur 25th Jun 20:15 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

29 minutes ago, Argo said:

The only way this lineup would even make the slightest bit of sense if we were going full Pulis ball, which in itself will be a worry because it shows Lampard is compromising on his principles (which was when it started going really wrong under AVB).

Guess we will have to wait and see, it wouldnt have been my choice either, but theres been a few times this season i didnt like the line up,  and we went on and won comfortably. 

Just hoping its another one of those! 

I’m not filled with confidence looking at this line up. 

We have a good bench which is the positive here, I would have been tempted to go 5 at the back but you run the risk of getting overrun in midfield.

I’m not seeing how we are able to stop them scorning. I would have liked to see Jorginho or gilmour sitting in front of the defence with kante and Barkley/mount forward of the 3. 

We are going to get overrun with the press we need a gilmour or Jorginho to help us pass out of the press and move it on,  I’d actually take gilmour he is cooler on the ball, great composure, where as Jorginho looks vulnerable when you don’t give him time on the ball. 

City know they have to win tonight to keep the title open, although their challenge was realistically over long before the Covid-19 break. I reckon they will still try to keep things going as long as possible though. I'm sure they would rather Liverpool won the title in the games after their clash with them next week. With that in mind I think City will probably gamble for the win tonight. They have nothing to gain from a draw. If we can score first that might work in our favour, as they will have to chase the game. However we will need to defend well tonight. Certainly much better than we did against Villa.

Glad To See Pulisic Start After His Little Cameo Against Villa, Little Bit Surprised Barkley Gets The Nod Over Kovacic But He's Played Well His Last Few Games, We Just Need To Keep It Tidy The First 30Minutes Then Express Ourselves A Bit More After

I feel like lamps has left kante in no mans land. He is the only defensive midfielder because Mount and Barkley arent. He will have the city midielders to deal with plus bernado silva who will be dropping back from his false 9 position.. I expect Jorginho to come on in the first half just like Arsenal away because our midfield is about to be over run