Sign in to follow this  
jack_super_class

Relegation Buys

No-one that would really be an improvement on what we have I don't think. Argument could be made for Ake, but I don't see him as an upgrade personally.

Sucks for Chalobah tho. Decides to leave a few years ago now a championship player. Think he has the quality to make it in the Prem

Posted (edited)

None of who you have listed.

We shouldn't be trying to sign anyone from relegated teams, let alone the bums you listed ffs

Edited by driller97

I think Callum Wilson would do well at Sheff United. None suitable for us though. If only Burnley went down and we could have nabbed Pope

I agree with most of you guys... Buying players from the teams relegated shouldn't be the focus. Kind a surprised nobody mentioned Aarons or Godfrey though! Like both of them. I would love to see Chelsea buy Aarons, let him have an extra season PL out on loan and let him battle it out with Reece the year after. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, driller97 said:

None of who you have listed.

We shouldn't be trying to sign anyone from relegated teams, let alone the bums you listed ffs

Im not saying we should buy them. Because they have been relegated you can sometimes get a bargain, i was just listing a few and seeing what people thought. Just because you get relegated doesn't mean you are a bad player and couldn't be a squad player etc somewhere else.

Edited by jack_super_class

5 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Im not saying we should buy them. Because they have been relegated you can sometimes get a bargain, i was just listing a few and seeing what people thought. Just because you get relegated doesn't mean you are a bad player and couldn't be a squad player etc somewhere else.

Actually in all fairness, Buendia is not a bad shout! I didn't see him listed at first, but got me thinking hes pretty good.

But I just dont think hes right for us, would rather go for Benrahma - But it looks like we won't be getting either anyway because Willian is being given a new contract....

Didnt liverpool sign Robertson from Hull when they were relegated?

There quite a few good players going down this year, most of them are midfielders and attackers, where we are pretty stacked. 

Ake could still be a good player for us, and both Norwich full backs Lewis, and Aarons, could be decent signings as back up players. 

I would also take Krul as a back up keeper aswell. 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Didnt liverpool sign Robertson from Hull when they were relegated?

There quite a few good players going down this year, most of them are midfielders and attackers, where we are pretty stacked. 

Ake could still be a good player for us, and both Norwich full backs Lewis, and Aarons, could be decent signings as back up players. 

I would also take Krul as a back up keeper aswell. 

Krul is a very good shout if we don't want to spend lots on a keeper. Lewis looks to have a good engine on him and could be the type of player who improves playing with better players.

3 hours ago, driller97 said:

We shouldn't be trying to sign anyone from relegated teams

I get the part about no one on the list provided but this comment was a bit weird. Were you not for the signing of Joe Cole in 2003? Do you think he didn’t work out at Chelsea as a result of being bought from a relegated team? Don’t underestimate/scoff at players from teams that are relegated. 

As I said, I get your point that none of them are ideal and appreciate it may be once in a blue moon a gem is found but I wouldn’t wipe out every player who got relegated. 

Any of the 3 keepers would be good shouts if they are back ups. In theory Foster and Krul could do a job as number 1 if we cannot get a main replacement for Kepa. They would be upgrades on him for sure.

As mentioned the Norwich fullbacks deserve a look, Aaron's and Lewis.

Given we are looking at adding Kai to Hakim and Timo and keeping Willian would be pointless buying attackers imo.

Not sure any of them has a decent cb we could buy.

38 minutes ago, Gem said:

I get the part about no one on the list provided but this comment was a bit weird. Were you not for the signing of Joe Cole in 2003? Do you think he didn’t work out at Chelsea as a result of being bought from a relegated team? Don’t underestimate/scoff at players from teams that are relegated. 

As I said, I get your point that none of them are ideal and appreciate it may be once in a blue moon a gem is found but I wouldn’t wipe out every player who got relegated. 

Yeah fair enough, I guess GK is one we can look into but Id rather just look for a guaranteed starter and a fresh new signing

2 hours ago, the special one said:

Lewis Cook

But if and only if (if being the operative word) Kante wants to leave or the club deems him surplus.

I came here looking for this post. Get over it, he doesn’t love you like you love him! :laugh2:

There’s a few who would do for teams somewhere like North London but we’re of a higher caliber down here in the west...

59 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I came here looking for this post. Get over it, he doesn’t love you like you love him! :laugh2:

There’s a few who would do for teams somewhere like North London but we’re of a higher caliber down here in the west...

I thought you might! :laugh2:

I'd take Foster as  a number 2 , I think at this stage his career he'd settle for it, with pay rise and a chance to win something. Sarr is an interesting prospect, although if we sign him I'd think CHO would leave on loan.