Jump to content

Chelsea v Sevilla (CL) Tue 20th Oct 2020 20:00 GMT


coco

Recommended Posts



2 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I like that team, despite what people say you need mounts industry, plus ziyech isn’t fit enough to start. 
 

There’s a strong team and plenty on the bench to change things up. 
 

When we saw the Signings we were over the moon its time  to see the dividends this is pretty much our strongest team 

Why not use that industry in the middle of the park? The issue is he isn’t playing Pulisic where he is most effective, and when Mount’s gets a chance he isn’t instinctive enough to hit it at once because he isn’t a winger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Just now, evissy said:

The hate Mount gets is beyond me. Hope he shuts up all the idiots by scoring a couple. 

What hate?

People saying we have two actual wingers on the bench with genuine pace and ability to run at defenders does not mean they hate Mount. 
 

Looking for something to complain about not not make it accurate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I like that team, despite what people say you need mounts industry, plus ziyech isn’t fit enough to start. 
 

There’s a strong team and plenty on the bench to change things up. 
 

When we saw the Signings we were over the moon its time  to see the dividends this is pretty much our strongest team 

 

I do like Mount, I said that many times before. But Mount is not an attacking winger.

By having Mount in the wing, you force Pulisic to play away from his best position (assuming Mount will play left wing). You limited Pulisic's productivity and impact on the game.

Also, you will miss Mount's energy and press in the midfield. That's another reason why the midfield always seem to be overrun. Mount is best play in midfield, not attacking four. I think the best run of games Chelsea had last season was with Mount, Kovacic, and Jorginho in the midfield 3.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



3 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

Not surprised to see Mount on the wing. Lampard would fit him in anywhere. 
 

 

Stop it would you seriously, is Gareth Southgate his daddy as well? 
 

He is a Chelsea youth product that played his way to the first team and now people moan when he is played, if you actually watch the football game, he works harder off the ball than a one else and he presses better than anyone else, we have lots of skill players we need an industrious player it’s called balance....plus Ziyech isn’t fit and CHO is miles behind mount in what he brings as a total package 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Why not use that industry in the middle of the park? The issue is he isn’t playing Pulisic where he is most effective, and when Mount’s gets a chance he isn’t instinctive enough to hit it at once because he isn’t a winger.

Because Havertz plays in the middle, he will play Pulisic in the left today he won’t be out of position I don’t think 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



2 minutes ago, evissy said:

The hate Mount gets is beyond me. Hope he shuts up all the idiots by scoring a couple. 

 

I feel bad for Mount. He didn't put himself in the 11. Frank did.

And Frank is not doing him or the team any favor by overusing him, while also putting him and others out of positions.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

 

I do like Mount, I said that many times before. But Mount is not an attacking winger.

By having Mount in the wing, you force Pulisic to play away from his best position (assuming Mount will play left wing). You limited Pulisic's productivity and impact on the game.

Also, you will miss Mount's energy and press in the midfield. That's another reason why the midfield always seem to be overrun. Mount is best play in midfield, not attacking four. I think the best run of games Chelsea had last season was with Mount, Kovacic, and Jorginho in the midfield 3.

 

 

 

 

He won’t play on the left Pulisic didn’t start remember and mount will take up narrow positions as well but I think it’s mainly to cover the fullback 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



2 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

He won’t play on the left Pulisic didn’t start remember and mount will take up narrow positions as well but I think it’s mainly to cover the fullback 

 

Mount started on the left, and Pulisic started on the right against Southampton a few days ago..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, evissy said:

Maybe Mount brings a bit of balance to the side. CHO isn't the backtracker nor the highpresser. Ziyech is only just back from an injury. 

Exactly what I’ve said above good teams have balance, why did Ferguson play fletcher in a star studded team, why does klopp play Henderson, and mount tracks back and presses you need that in a team...

Plus what’s this fallacy that he will displace Pulasic the only reason he would play the only reason he would play there is to allow chilwell to bomb forward not to “accommodate mount” but I think Pulisic will start in the left today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites





3 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

 

Mount started on the left, and Pulisic started on the right against Southampton a few days ago..

Yea that’s right enough my mistake in my mind he cane off the bench. 
 

I believe it’s to cover chilwell not for mounts sake, plus with Pulisic not being 100 percent frank maybe put him on the less busy side of our attack to give him minutes without pushing him, I’m sure he will start on the left today in his favoured position 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, haviet1 said:

 

I do like Mount, I said that many times before. But Mount is not an attacking winger.

By having Mount in the wing, you force Pulisic to play away from his best position (assuming Mount will play left wing). You limited Pulisic's productivity and impact on the game.

Also, you will miss Mount's energy and press in the midfield. That's another reason why the midfield always seem to be overrun. Mount is best play in midfield, not attacking four. I think the best run of games Chelsea had last season was with Mount, Kovacic, and Jorginho in the midfield 3.

 

 

 

 

I definitely loved that midfield 3 and Zouma with Tomori at the back and Tammy upfront. We had a good spine but unfortunately Christensen, Rudiger and Kante returned to disrupt their flow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up