Chelsea v Sevilla (CL) Tue 20th Oct 2020 20:00 GMT

Just now, The Rising Sun said:

The press ? There's enough Chelsea fans on his back at the moment, give him a chance ffs

Don’t get me wrong I’m 100 percent behind frank but it can easily take two games for the journos to turn on you in this league. I remember everyone was kissing Ole’s behind before the season started and now they are already looking at poch.

All i Ask Frank to do is FFS dont have kepa as a starter or Even on the bench ,i have lost my full confidence in kepa sorry to say chaps.

if both mendy and Willy are not fit use a rush back goal keeper Frank ,i dont want to be tearing my hair out again after the game due to a kepa shocking mistake ( s) . 

1 hour ago, ddrblue said:

All i Ask Frank to do is FFS dont have kepa as a starter or Even on the bench ,i have lost my full confidence in kepa sorry to say chaps.

if both mendy and Willy are not fit use a rush back goal keeper Frank ,i dont want to be tearing my hair out again after the game due to a kepa shocking mistake ( s) . 

Remember Dave Webb going in goal, v Ipswich I think, in the early 70’s - did alright, wonder if he’s got anything on on Tuesday night ?

I would play Rudigier in goal if mendy is unfit. At least he can use his hands and arms properly  then and won’t pull out of a tackle. I also think it is beyond stupid putting ziyech, Abraham, Giroud and cho on the bench but leaving Kovacic out. I thought lampard was supposed to be intelligent. I just don’t understand how that can be rational. I hope a more balanced apporoach is used in this game. If Silva is fit let’s play him. There is a case to play Reece James at right back despite his defensive issues but I’d prefer us to stick with a steady back 4. 

15 hours ago, Paddy said:

Remember Dave Webb going in goal, v Ipswich I think, in the early 70’s - did alright, wonder if he’s got anything on on Tuesday night ?

Early 1970s was just before my time fella to take in all things chelsea ,think i started to pick up on chelsea results etc etc from 1974/75 onwards 

18 hours ago, Paddy said:

He got a clean sheet(what we'd give for one of those) and also deputised for Bonetti the week before when he got injured. Later in the season he scored two when playing centre forward against Ipswich too.

57 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Not my preferred 11 but one I thi k Frank will go with:

Willy 

James Thiago Zouma Chilly 

Kovacic Jorginho 

Ziyech Mount CHO

Giroud

Not sure what the clubs view on the CL is this year ? Make the quarters? Anything more is unlikely IMO.

Personally I think Frank needs to go with his strongest and expected starting 11 for the manc game on Saturday - not because the CL means much to me this season, it’s more that we need a settled starting 11 who play regularly, get comfortable with each other and get used to winning !!!!!

Don’t know if Mendy is available but if he is then he plays.

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

He got a clean sheet(what we'd give for one of those) and also deputised for Bonetti the week before when he got injured. Later in the season he scored two when playing centre forward against Ipswich too.

Mad ain’t it 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, ozboy said:

I would play Rudigier in goal if mendy is unfit. At least he can use his hands and arms properly  then and won’t pull out of a tackle. I also think it is beyond stupid putting ziyech, Abraham, Giroud and cho on the bench but leaving Kovacic out. I thought lampard was supposed to be intelligent. I just don’t understand how that can be rational. I hope a more balanced apporoach is used in this game. If Silva is fit let’s play him. There is a case to play Reece James at right back despite his defensive issues but I’d prefer us to stick with a steady back 4. 

It is indeed bewildering that he left Kova out of the squad entirely. I’d thought something must be up but then read he’d  participated in the warm down. He was conspicuous by his absence in the second half when we really could have used him. I’ll be very surprised if he isn’t in the starting lineup v Sevilla a) because it’s just the sort  of game for him, and b) because  I can’t see any vaguely rational explanation for leaving him out yesterday other than he was resting him for Sevilla.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Hope to see Mendy, Ziyech, Pulisic and Kovacic starting here.

Do you see a formation that can accommodate all those attacking players as well as the 2 Germans or would you bench one of them? I’m going with something like:

Mendy (please)

Azpi  Zouma Silva Chilwell 

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Havertz Pulisic

Werner

Like some others, am not that thrilled with Kante right now but can’t see Lampard dropping him.

23 minutes ago, Dean said:

Do you see a formation that can accommodate all those attacking players as well as the 2 Germans or would you bench one of them? I’m going with something like:

Mendy (please)

Azpi  Zouma Silva Chilwell 

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Havertz Pulisic

Werner

Like some others, am not that thrilled with Kante right now but can’t see Lampard dropping him.

Mendy

James Silva Zouma Chilwell

Jorginho      Kovacic

Havertz

Ziyech              Pulisic

Werner

For me this is a good lineup, you can change James for Azpilicueta and that's that. But Lampard will play Kante and Mount no matter what.

51 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Mendy

James Silva Zouma Chilwell

Jorginho      Kovacic

Havertz

Ziyech              Pulisic

Werner

For me this is a good lineup, you can change James for Azpilicueta and that's that. But Lampard will play Kante and Mount no matter what.

I like that one too but would def swap azpi in for James. As for Kante/Mount maybe we get at least one surprise omission. 

It's going to be a serious game. I can't say we're favourites here especially with our current defensive line. 

We need Mendy, Thiago Silva available because without them we won't keep a clean sheet and grab a win. Players like Ocampos already targeting our defense. 

This is the lineup I'd like to see against Sevilla:

--------------- Mendy --------------

James --- Thiago Silva -- Zouma -- Chilwell

-------------- Kovacic ----------

--------- Kante --- Havertz ----------

Hudson Odoi --- Werner --- Pulisic

With Mount and Ziyech as our options for controlling the game, Abraham as a backup and attacking option. 

First goal must be to keep a clean sheet, it sounds like an impossible mission. 

Let's hope for a better character in this game than Southampton's. COME ON CHELS!!!!!!