Sevilla v Chelsea (CL) Wed 2nd Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

18 minutes ago, coco said:

With Leeds to play 72 hours later we need to rest a lot of players in this game.

Werner, Abraham, Silva, Zouma, Chilwell, James, Mount, Kante all need a break.

Mendy

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Jorginho Kovacic

Havertz

CHO Giroud Pulisic

Capture.PNG

Hopefully Gilmour will be available because Jorginho with Kovacic fills me with dread. 

Also f**k Christensen, get Tomori in there. 

Edited by Munkworth
7 hours ago, coco said:

With Leeds to play 72 hours later we need to rest a lot of players in this game.

Werner, Abraham, Silva, Zouma, Chilwell, James, Mount, Kante all need a break.

Mendy

Azpilicueta Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Jorginho Kovacic

Havertz

CHO Giroud Pulisic

Capture.PNG

Win and we top the group, draw and we just need to win the last game.

However lose and is second place for us so we should avoid that and pick sides for this and Leeds accordingly. You go too week imo Coco.

Vs Sevilla

Mendy

Azpi

Zouma

Silva

Emerson

Kante 

Kovacic

Mount

Ziyech

Giroud

CHO

For Leeds:

Mendy

James

Zouma

Rudiger

Chilwell

Kante

Havertz

Mount

CHO

Werner

Pulisic

Edited by axman2526
14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Win and we top the group, draw and we just need to win the last game.

However lose and is second place for us so we should avoid that and pick sides for this and Leeds accordingly. You go too week imo Coco.

Vs Sevilla

Mendy

Azpi

Zouma

Silva

Emerson

Kante 

Kovacic

Mount

Ziyech

Giroud

CHO

For Leeds:

Mendy

James

Zouma

Rudiger

Chilwell

Kante

Havertz

Mount

CHO

Werner

Pulisic

Werner definitely needs a breather, I wouldnt even include him in the squad for the Sevilla game and let him rest those burners.

27 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Werner definitely needs a breather, I wouldnt even include him in the squad for the Sevilla game and let him rest those burners.

I agree I would not take Werner there. Nor use him against Krasnador. 

Win, lose or draw with Sevilla that game is the one for rests for players like Mount, Kante, Silva etc.

Edit:

For Krasnador

Mendy (Kepa if we beat Sevilla)

Azpi

Tomori

Rudiger

Emerson

Jorginho

Gilmour

Kovacic

CHO

Giroud

Anjorin

Edited by axman2526

100% agree with Coco rest players for this game, who cares about coming second in the group, other than Bayern there isn't any team out there that has to be overly respected.

Players to rest:

Werner, Mount, Chilwell, Kova, maybe Tammy, maybe Zouma 

Personally I'd still be easing Pulisic back in. 

Havertz is the guy that needs to play and play and find his form. In theory he is going to be the first  player picked one day and the more we help him adjust to the premier league the better.

Hopefully lampard rotates his team because the Leeds game will be our 3 rd game in 6 days, and we all know LEEDS are a super fit who run a lot.

Chilwell ,Werner , Mount and Abraham have played a lot minutes and need protection , will go for

Mendy

James         Zouma        Silva       Azpi

Kante      Jorginho

CHO                   Havertz                  Pulisic

Giroud

Definitely need to rest Werner and probably Mount. Wouldn't mind seeing Chilwell get a day off as well. See Azpi on the left and Reece on the right,. Hopefully Havertz is ready to go for 90 after having COVID. I've heard from some people that have had it that you feel the effects of the virus for a while after recovering from it. 

I'd also like to see Kante's game time managed, but I'm not sure if this is the match to do it. Especially if we get 3 points in Spain, we can give him time off with Krasnodar coming to London in match 6. '

In short, I wouldn't go full switcheroo as Coco suggests but I agree mostly. Can't take Leeds lightly this weekend.

Frank confirms he's got a full squad to choose from for this one, including Billy Gilmore who is now back with the first team squad. He's said CHO will get minutes for this one after missing out on the Spurs game. 

Mendy

Dave - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Jorginho

Havertz - Kovacic

Ziyech - Abraham - CHO

Jorginho is one booking away from a one game suspension, so I fully expect him to pick up a cheap booking in this game. I'd let Mount, James and Werner sit this one out as they've both played a lot of football recently. I'm expecting a score draw in this game. 

25 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Frank confirms he's got a full squad to choose from for this one, including Billy Gilmore

Looking forward to seeing Billy and finding out if he really is player that I/we thought he might be before he got injured ? Not sure that he gets anytime tomorrow, but it’s nice that he’s fit again and part of the squad.

I certainly hope hope that, like Mount and James, he’s good enough to become a genuine first team regular.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Frank confirms he's got a full squad to choose from for this one, including Billy Gilmore who is now back with the first team squad. He's said CHO will get minutes for this one after missing out on the Spurs game. 

Mendy

Dave - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Jorginho

Havertz - Kovacic

Ziyech - Abraham - CHO

Jorginho is one booking away from a one game suspension, so I fully expect him to pick up a cheap booking in this game. I'd let Mount, James and Werner sit this one out as they've both played a lot of football recently. I'm expecting a score draw in this game. 

We'll have to start Giroud, or the NHS will have to deal with a few chelsea fans having a coronary.

I'd be tempted to rest Chilwell here after he took that knock against Tottenham. I also think that Kanté, Werner, Silva, Mount, and ideally James should be rested. (Although I'm not sure how we'd rest all of them at once).

With our lack of centre mids (at least until Gilmour is ready to start) and depth at centre back, I wonder whether it's worth reverting to a back three for this game. Reckon Lampard is willing to allow Alonso back into the fold?

--------------------------------Mendy

---------Azpilicueta---------Tomori--------Rüdiger

James-------------Jorginho--------Kovačić----------Alonso

---------------Havertz---------------Hudson-Odoi

-------------------------------Giroud

Edited by PloKoon13
3 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

I'd be tempted to rest Chilwell here after he took that knock against Tottenham. With our lack of centre mids (at least until Gilmour is ready to start) and depth at centre back, I wonder whether it's worth reverting to a back three for this game. Reckon Lampard is willing to allow Alonso back into the fold?

I’ll be very surprised if Alonso is ‘back in the fold’.

Not the best possible scenario for the game. Players have the luxury to think about the result. It is always good to have the pressure on. 

Anyway I am thinking CHO and Pulisic start. Mendy, Azpilicueta, Rudiger probably all start. Kai will probably start as well. Maybe even Oli. 

Mendy 

Azpilicueta - Silva - Rudiger - Emerson 

Havertz - Jorginho - Mount 

CHO - Giroud - Pulisic

That midfield seems a bit light. Anyway I feel Frank will stick to 4-3-3 from now on and whatever lineup suits that we will have it. 

Would love to see Gilmour have a go as well. 

I feel like we might lose away to Seville even with our first choice 11, it's not the easiest of fixtures, so may as well rest most of the team, as we're through anyway.

Kepa

Azpilicueta   Zouma   Christensen   Alonso

Kovacic   Jorginho   Havertz

Hudson-Odoi   Giroud   Pulisic