Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

22 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I’ve got a feeling he will change the shape, we’ve got 6 good players for 2 attacking positions if we Lukaku is up front.

Werner, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO.

It’s a waste to have 4 good players on the bench at any given time, 2 of them need a loan or sold so we can invest in say a CM which we could really use. 

Let's say we want to sell puli. Where do you want to sell him? 

With team having no money, this is the worst time to sell player. 

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

You switch to a back 4, and move Havertz/Mount to the middle of the park. Think he knows we are stacked which is why he has been experimenting with Pulisic as a WB, sounds like a very bad idea. He is the closest player we have to Hazard, and you wouldn’t play Hazard as a WB. Even playing him on the right takes a lot out of his game.

14 minutes ago, ducavis said:

You switch to a back 4, and move Havertz/Mount to the middle of the park. Think he knows we are stacked which is why he has been experimenting with Pulisic as a WB, sounds like a very bad idea. He is the closest player we have to Hazard, and you wouldn’t play Hazard as a WB. Even playing him on the right takes a lot out of his game.

Are you tying to start a riot? 

By playing 433 or 4231, it will be disaster for both Werner and Jorginho. 

10 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Who has no money? I’d loan CHO and maybe see what I treat there is for ziyech although I feel he might come good this season, it’s not just about selling it’s about having 6 high paid players for 2 positions and 4 sitting on the bench. Resources can be shuffled elsewhere 

10 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

Who has no money? I’d loan CHO and maybe see what I treat there is for ziyech although I feel he might come good this season, it’s not just about selling it’s about having 6 high paid players for 2 positions and 4 sitting on the bench. Resources can be shuffled elsewhere 

Pretty much all team in Europe except pl teama. 

You can't loan cho out without bringing any reinforcement, azpi is too old to play wb

16 hours ago, SFL82 said:

I’ve got a feeling he will change the shape, we’ve got 6 good players for 2 attacking positions if we Lukaku is up front.

Werner, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, CHO.

It’s a waste to have 4 good players on the bench at any given time, 2 of them need a loan or sold so we can invest in say a CM which we could really use. 

I would only really sell Ziyech out of those. We are going to be in multiple competitions next year so will need to rotate, not to mention in case of any injuries

12 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Pretty much all team in Europe except pl teama. 

You can't loan cho out without bringing any reinforcement, azpi is too old to play wb

I suppose it’s right enough that puli and Cho can play wing back but it’s rare it happens plus James can play wingback and we have cb’s so it’s covered 

On 07/08/2021 at 15:32, evissy said:

Is Lukaku better in that scenario? If you watch his goals from last season nothing suggest of that. 

I have to disagree here. 

With Belgium we play in a pretty similar formation as the one Tuchel is using. 

Where we have a main striker and supported by attacking mids as we don't have wingers that stick to the sideline, upcoming wing backs. etc. 

The majority of teams that play against Belgium pull up walls. 

And he managed to score 64 goals in 98 games. And out of that he started 25 times on the bench as in the beginning Benteke was our main striker. 

Off course it's easier to score 2 goals against teams like kazachstan and pump the numbers up. But you also play against teams like Switzerland, Denmark, Netherlands, ...

There are not a lot of strikers that have his numbers, not even from the Elite countries. 

It took Messi 121 games to reach 60 goals and Ronaldo 129. 

I'm pretty sure that against a well organised defence Lukaku will be more usefull with his strength to bully the defenders and as someone else mentioned the crosses from Chillwell and James than a Timo Werner. Tbh I think that players like Timo and Kai will benefit a lot from playing together with an actual target man. 

Or you have the runs from Timo that will provide Lukaku the space. Or the defenders are too busy fighting with Lukaku where the others can benefit from. 

Especially Kai will benefit I believe in the link up when Lukaku uses his body. 

That being said his first touch will never be super clean, but it has improved a lot. 

Those games that we had so much ball posession against lower team, but couldn't finish and eventually got killed by a counter or 2... Well we still might get those counters, but we will also score. And those extra points can make a difference by the end of the season. 

i have to say TT is one of the most straight talking managers in press conference.. no drama like a Mou /conte / Klopp just straight up facts and always talks about the human side of his players. Be it being honest on the Tammy situation or the loan players and their futures etc. I must say both him and Lamps have made sure our press conferences are very honest and authentic after listening to Sarri/Cont/Mou in succession.

10 hours ago, Jangz said:

i have to say TT is one of the most straight talking managers in press conference.. no drama like a Mou /conte / Klopp just straight up facts and always talks about the human side of his players. Be it being honest on the Tammy situation or the loan players and their futures etc. I must say both him and Lamps have made sure our press conferences are very honest and authentic after listening to Sarri/Cont/Mou in succession.

Absolutely. He is a very modern type of leader. He doesn't see any advantages of being dishonest or not speaking openly. Very refreshing. Klopp and Pep are similar in that way. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Absolutely. He is a very modern type of leader. He doesn't see any advantages of being dishonest or not speaking openly. Very refreshing. Klopp and Pep are similar in that way. 

Yeah .. just I find Klopp a bit hypocritical.. when it’s going well for him he is ok and then he becomes prickly otherwise.. but I don’t like much yo do with pool so could be that too.

12 hours ago, Jangz said:

My memory is truly w*nk, but I remember Sarri being as honest as one can be, like he couldn't care less about those press conferences so he'd just answer straight away and be done with it. Is my memory playing tricks on me again? 😅

On 09/08/2021 at 14:41, junkymunky said:

I would only really sell Ziyech out of those. We are going to be in multiple competitions next year so will need to rotate, not to mention in case of any injuries

Really? Ziyech is who you would sell & not Pulisic who dribbles out of bounds??

Glad you're not the manager. Let us know when Roland Garros starts mate

3 hours ago, Evenflow20 said:

Really? Ziyech is who you would sell & not Pulisic who dribbles out of bounds??

Glad you're not the manager. Let us know when Roland Garros starts mate

Pulisic was poor today, but at least hes showed at times  he can be unreal. Ziyech has been less than 5/10 the vast majority of the time hes been on the pitch

7 minutes ago, junkymunky said:

Pulisic was poor today, but at least hes showed at times  he can be unreal. Ziyech has been less than 5/10 the vast majority of the time hes been on the pitch

You do realise that Ziyech has looked the most threathening in front of goal all preseason, and the back of last year when he got the ocassional game. Scored in bith games against Man City other than the final. Why on earth would we sell him.

I think he'll be disappointed to lose Ziyech, I think he had plans for him especially during this busy start to the season. 

It becomes apparent why we need such a talented and deep squad because one injury to one of our starters and we had another quality player available add in Lukaku to this mix and things look good.

Tuchel will have a lot more questions to answer this season and regardless of how it goes I'll back him. The 343 will be asked a lot more questions This season and it will be interesting to see how we adapt as the season goes along.

Thomas has shown himself to be a top tier coach time and time again with us and I hope he delivers the Club World Cup alongside at least one of the EPL, UCL or failing those a strong finish in both and a FA cup win.

6 minutes ago, Oli said:

You do realise that Ziyech has looked the most threathening in front of goal all preseason, and the back of last year when he got the ocassional game. Scored in bith games against Man City other than the final. Why on earth would we sell him.

Preseason against a bunch of bums who dont even care to take the game seriously doesnt mean anything... 

Based on how he played for most of last season is why we would sell him, but ofc its still early days and the jury's still out and im willing to give him some time. But if it comes to December time and hes still playing terrible then get him out

I don’t know why you guys are arguing about Ziyech vs Pulisic if you want to talk facts both did their job today. Ziyech got the all important goal in normal game time and had he not been injured could have influenced the game more. 

Pulisic tried and tried to give us a 2nd goal and came close. Whilst he wasn't able to dribble through that yellow wall he did score a decisive sudden death penalty which alongside Kepa's save meant we won the cup. You can argue his pen is just as nerve wracking as being the 1st up or the 5th since its sudden death and we go 1st. 

Both have shown glimpses of their class in Chelsea shirts and have also shown quality at their previous teams. For me it's not a question of which leaves or who sits on the bench for the other. I would like to see them both play at the same time.

Ziyech has the passing range, Pulisic has the off ball runs that make them a good duo, if they were to start either side of Lukaku, Havertz or Werner. 

13 minutes ago, junkymunky said:

Preseason against a bunch of bums who dont even care to take the game seriously doesnt mean anything... 

Based on how he played for most of last season is why we would sell him, but ofc its still early days and the jury's still out and im willing to give him some time. But if it comes to December time and hes still playing terrible then get him out

Hilarious!

14 minutes ago, Evenflow20 said:

Hilarious!

Think its a bit too harsh to judge a player on his first season in a new league so ill give him an extra few months.

Most the players we signed last summer have looked like they’re improving so only time will tell. Ziyech has improved the least in that time