Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Thur 4th Mar 2021 20:15 GMT

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

I’m going to watch this in bed so when I fall asleep it’s not an issue. 

This one is likely to be very different to our other games imo Munk. Liverpool are so good up front and have Jota back but their defense is so poor they count henderson being injured as blow to the back 4.

I expect goals, more for them than us though.

19 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

This one is likely to be very different to our other games imo Munk. Liverpool are so good up front and have Jota back but their defense is so poor they count henderson being injured as blow to the back 4.

I expect goals, more for them than us though.

I don’t know. With their injuries it’s likely we will have most of the ball.

That means aimless sideways and backwards passing.

The dreaded U shape of death. 

Fantastic crosses for far post tap-ins but everyone’s attacked the near post. 

Edited by Munkworth
31 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I don’t know. With their injuries it’s likely we will have most of the ball.

That means aimless sideways and backwards passing.

The dreaded U shape of death. 

Fantastic crosses for far post tap-ins but everyone’s attacked the near post. 

Cannot see Liverpool surrendering the ball like that at home. Is just not in them.

Well if we draw they stay below us on the table. 

this is one game where we may not have a majority of possession. It’s one game where I think we will get chances and will need to take them. 

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

Well if we draw they stay below us on the table. 

this is one game where we may not have a majority of possession. It’s one game where I think we will get chances and will need to take them. 

If we draw it is not good cause West Ham and Everton will be ahead of us. Plus, we still have to play City.

1 hour ago, Wearyourcolours said:

They’re a better team than us (I hate saying that, scum club)

We will need to play out of our skins to get a result.

Overall with everyone fit and on form they are, but not at the moment with many key players injured and a lot of the rest of them in patchy form. 

It’s a proper 50/50 at the moment and our best chance to win at Anfield in a number of years. 

Im going for our first loss under TT....not that we cant match them for football play, but for the fact they have players who know where the goal is.....will probably have a dozen scoring chances,and take a couple...whereas we may have several scoring chances, but pass back to our keeper.....p.s...yep...im pissed with our front men

We need to win this if we want to fight for a top 4 finish. After all, Liverpool are probably our biggest rivals for a top four finish. If they were playing like they did the past 2/3 years, I'd say a draw would be a very good result but they're not the same this season and certainly can be beaten. This is the best time to face Liverpool probably for a good while and we need to make the most of it.

Spurs are away to Fulham, Utd away to Palace, Everton away to Brom, Leicester away to Burnley this week. We need to go for a win here, not the usual sit back and defend a 0-0 if we want any chance of getting top 4.

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

Spurs are away to Fulham, Utd away to Palace, Everton away to Brom, Leicester away to Burnley this week. We need to go for a win here, not the usual sit back and defend a 0-0 if we want any chance of getting top 4.

Agreed. I think our best chance of getting a result at Anfield is to go for a win from the start. They are weakened in defense so we should get opportunities. If we approach the game defensively we won't create enough chances to test their defense, and they will likely nick a goal or 2 with the quality they have up front.

3 hours ago, dkw said:

I agree that we need to go for the win regardless of the fact that the game is in Anfield. To be fair we haven't been sitting back and defending a 0-0. I know what that looks with Jose as our former coach. We Play the game in the opposition half or in midfield which is proof by our players average position on the field. Our problem has been precision in the final 3rd because our midfielders are shyte at reading player runs to send a through ball and suck at shooting from distance like Lampard ,ballack or Essien. I think this is the game to try Kai in the false 9

Mendy

Azpi          CHristensen   Rudiger

James     Jorginho       Kante     Alonso

Mount        Havertz      Werner

4 hours ago, dkw said:

Think we need Leicester to fall apart for us to have a chance of top 4. We blew our chance to drag united it to it.

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

We need to win this if we want to fight for a top 4 finish. After all, Liverpool are probably our biggest rivals for a top four finish. If they were playing like they did the past 2/3 years, I'd say a draw would be a very good result but they're not the same this season and certainly can be beaten. This is the best time to face Liverpool probably for a good while and we need to make the most of it.

You are correct - If you remember this seasons game at the bridge, kepa gave them a goal, Jorginho missed a pen and we played 45 mins with 10 men, so maybe that day it ought to have ended 1-1 .

We are a more solid, difficult to beat side now, maybe not the most attractive Chelsea side that’s graced the PL , but we are resilient - They are definitely beatable.

Edited by Paddy

Mendy

James Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Chilwell

Jorginho          Kovacic

Mount

Havertz             Werner

I wish T.Silva could play, in that case a 4-2-3-1 would be viable. Till then, 5-3-2.

27 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Mendy

James Azpilicueta Christensen Rudiger Chilwell

Jorginho          Kovacic

Mount

Havertz             Werner

I wish T.Silva could play, in that case a 4-2-3-1 would be viable. Till then, 5-3-2.

Is CHO out for this game? I think he might be. 

I would play Puli over Havertz though, but that's a good team imo.

It will be yet another TT team selection full of defensive players and safe players as we snooze to yet another boring draw....I'm convinced we won't see another 3 points for a few games yet..

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Is CHO out for this game? I think he might be. 

I would play Puli over Havertz though, but that's a good team imo.

Yea Pulisic could play there instead of Kai as well.

6 hours ago, forbzy said:

Agreed. I think our best chance of getting a result at Anfield is to go for a win from the start. They are weakened in defense so we should get opportunities. If we approach the game defensively we won't create enough chances to test their defense, and they will likely nick a goal or 2 with the quality they have up front.

Does this team have confidence to go for a win from the start with blant frontline we currently have? If our front line was firing on all cylinders, then sure. Otherwise it will be playing safe from Tuchel and try to nick a goal or two later in a game by bringing Puli and Havertz. I feel like all the remaining games must and can win since we are the better team than Everton, Leicester, Arsenal, West Ham and we play all of them mostly at home except WH which is also kind of home. If we beat all of them plus other teams on the way we might just do that.  The only place where we might be allowed to drop two points in each game is Liverpool and Man City.

Edited by rocker_joker