Ivan Toney

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I would take him over Osimhen who I think is too much of a gamble. But I don't think we will get him because I don't think we will have the money.

Arsenal will pay more in wages and have CL football, he has also stated he loved watching them play.

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Arsenal will pay more in wages and have CL football, he has also stated he loved watching them play.

Yeah but then he was quoted in the press this week saying that "Arteta is a dick head, Thunderbird puppet, w**k pot"

I think it's safe to say he's coming to us.

6 hours ago, just said:

Yeah but then he was quoted in the press this week saying that "Arteta is a dick head, Thunderbird puppet, w**k pot"

I think it's safe to say he's coming to us.

Is it? I'm fairly certain he won't be coming to us. Guess we will see. 

He'd be better off going to Arse where he won't be under any pressure to win things. He can continue to be a big fish in a small pond. I remember Arse drawing with Man City in the Charity Shield and celebrating like they'd won the CL. Perfect place for this clown to play football.

I don't think we'll get either player tbh. Currently I don't think we're a big enough draw, especially without CL football and with a wage structure that with a couple of notable exceptions will not allow for big earners, I can see both players opting for other clubs.

2 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

I don't think we'll get either player tbh. Currently I don't think we're a big enough draw, especially without CL football and with a wage structure that with a couple of notable exceptions will not allow for big earners, I can see both players opting for other clubs.

Danny Welbeck it is then.

He'll be 28 if he signs and likely it will be high wages and a decent size transfer fee. I don't think the transfer fee will scare us off but I imagine the wages will, if Arsenal or someone else go higher in wages then I can't see him coming here. We seem very strict on our wage structure which makes me think someone like Oshimen is unrealistic also and you won't be signing the best strikers in the world football if you don't pay them silly wages.

Gyokeres and Sesko seem the more realistic options because once again I feel we're comfortable paying fees but I can see them demanding wages which are more in line with the rest of the squad.

Good strikers are super rare and we won't be getting a free run at Toney and Oshimen and because of our current position and inconsistency it would take something else to be considered favourites for those 2.

Edited by Sheva

6 hours ago, just said:

Poch also has wanted Conor to be given a new deal for a while Just, I don't think our owners care too much what he thinks.

Sheva is right, a striker like a Sesko fits in to their model.

1 hour ago, DarkMata said:

Looks like it’s the £100 million Evan Ferguson then.

Yeah given how much we love Brighton I could see it. And to us is more likely he costs 130mill and is not as good as the Brazilian striker they already have lol.

Think Toney would work well here, he is a grafter,  but don't think he will want to come here.

Sesko and that 42mill release clause seems to fit our owners model best imo.

• 1 month later...

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

Does rather gloss over the fact that he had 9 goal attempts and every single one of them was off target. Great assist though !

And he had one chalked off. 

It's his all round game that is so impressive. Particularly his hold up play. He plays with a swagger, a belief in himself. And boy could we do with his aerial power and physicality.

1 minute ago, just said:

And he had one chalked off. 

It's his all round game that is so impressive. Particularly his hold up play. He plays with a swagger, a belief in himself. And boy could we do with his aerial power and physicality.

Yes all fair points. 

Our lot are all a bit rabbit in the headlights. Toney Rabbit would be packing a shotgun to blow the car lights out and would then thump the car bonnet as it went past him :-)