Marc Cucurella

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

26 minutes ago, azpi28 said:

i think he's on his way to Roma though

seems like the kind of player who would like to stay in Italy

Wao. So sad.. I have always fancied the guy. Very hardworking and no slouch Infront of goal. The fact that he would cost nothing except his wages and can be sold for small profit is a plus... Also cos he comes free, without any media pressure and stuff... Guess we are not in for him at all. Cos I am sure he would prefer us to Roma... But hey!! What do I know... Someone said we are just waking up!!! Maybe now that Roma is interested, we would try the hijack manoeuvre.. we are fast becoming "pirates of the EPL"

14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Feels like these Twitter journos just throw whatever names about waiting for one to work out. Most of them embarrassed after saying Kounde had joined us lmao.

Hmm..some of them for sure. I think the main journos there know a lot. Many of them trust Fabrizio Romano's info. Look, they have no means of knowing everything. For me they know surprisingly well how things are going. It always surprises me a deal can't be kept a secret 100%. 

I don't think there are that many pieces of information that is untrue. People (fans) getting excited too early is the problem. Wait for the confirmation and then feel how you want to feel.

39 minutes ago, Argo said:

The main reason our season collapsed last season was lack of wingback depth.

Absolutely is needed.

Injuries like the one Chilwell suffered last season can really be classed as freak occurrences rather than common occurrences.

On a simple risk management calculation, it's completely illogical to spend £50m of a very stretched budget on mitigating this one risk for next season.

43 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm confused about the "we have more pressing matters" comments. Yes, we need another CB and I stll have many doubts about our attack, but we also really need cover for our fall back / wing backs. Alonso wants to leave, he needs to be replaced and Emerson is not a good backup option. Going for Cucurella doesn't mean we aren't still pushing to fix other areas of our squad.

If we were drawing our transfer budget from a bottomless pit of gold then what you say would be true.

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

I can’t see why we really need a left wing back unless there are concerns over Chilwell but cucurella has looked good when I’ve briefly seen him . Doesn’t score any goals mind you, maybe one a season. 

‘why not spend the extra money and get a right footed younger central defender like fofana. 

Chilwell is made of glass unfortunately. Missed sizeable amounts of the season with us and did the same at Leicester, i think.

I really like this player.

I’d be happy with him and Fofana.

It’s time to get serious though and get deals done quickly rather than doing 90% of the work then easing off to save a few pounds or switching focus to another player in the same position.

It’s time to go after a player and see it through before they have a change of heart or before other options appear for the player.

Hopefully we can get this one done.

7 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Chilwell is made of glass unfortunately. Missed sizeable amounts of the season with us and did the same at Leicester, i think.

Nope, simply incorrect I'm afraid. Chilwell's total appearances the 4 seasons before last:

2017-2018 (Leicester) - 32

2018-2019 (Leicester) - 36

2019-2020 (Leicester) - 33

2020-2021 (Chelsea) - 42

Edited by Fatty_Speeding

27 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Feels like these Twitter journos just throw whatever names about waiting for one to work out. Most of them embarrassed after saying Kounde had joined us lmao.

I think a lot of them get their info off of this forum.

I am going to start a Florian Grillitsch thread. Out of contract, rangy and leggy defensive midfielder, gets about the pitch, strong in the tackle and can pass the ball forwards. Whats not to like. Watch this pop up on NewsNow with some spurious article from Football.London

Just now, Fatty_Speeding said:

Nope, simply incorrect I'm afraid. Chilwell's total appearances the 4 seasons before last:

2017-2018 (Leicester) - 32

2018-2019 (Leicester) - 36

2019-2020 (Leicester) - 33

2020-2021 (Chelsea) - 42

Apologies, i stand corrected, i am sure he had a bad injury that kept him out of the england set up, before this latest injury. My bad. Woohoo go Chilly :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, 2211 said:

I really like this player.

I’d be happy with him and Fofana.

It’s time to get serious though and get deals done quickly rather than doing 90% of the work then easing off to save a few pounds or switching focus to another player in the same position.

It’s time to go after a player and see it through before they have a change of heart or before other options appear for the player.

Hopefully we can get this one done.

Bang on

16 minutes ago, evissy said:

Hmm..some of them for sure. I think the main journos there know a lot. Many of them trust Fabrizio Romano's info. Look, they have no means of knowing everything. For me they know surprisingly well how things are going. It always surprises me a deal can't be kept a secret 100%. 

I don't think there are that many pieces of information that is untrue. People (fans) getting excited too early is the problem. Wait for the confirmation and then feel how you want to feel.

That would be the same Fabirizio that said the Kounde deal with done?

1 hour ago, True Blue23 said:

He's not. Also with Alonso wanting to leave and Chilwell still a bit of a question mark because of his injury, it kind of makes sense if we have the funds. CB way more pressing though, obviously.

He's played on the left of a back 3 at Napoli and developed his left foot...no one had given me sensible reason why we need this guy...he's a CB dwarf at 5 foot 7 so LB isn't a good fit either...we need a proper CB or RB...Fofana makes a lot more sense...

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Reports are he would still like to go to City and is waiting to see if they up their offer.

Barca also activated a third lever today and are rumoured to be interested in their former player. 

Oh for god sake

5 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

I just hope we get Fofana over the line. This move makes us look like we're making it up as we go along.

Fofana is dead in the water mate. They are selling Maddison to Newcastle after that no more big sales this window.

1 minute ago, timetowaste said:

To be fair the deal WAS done, Sevilla themselves said the deal was done, but before contracts were signed Barcelona swooped in

Sevilla themselves said we killed the deal, or rather TT did cause he was not sure about him. Yet that Gerard bloke reported it long before while Fab and the rest said nope, done deal.