So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

I thought our defending was really really bad under Lampard, but this defence is somehow even worse. 

How he hasn't sorted out the weaknesses from the back post or the front post is unacceptable. I've not seen a single change in our approach to improve in that area. Is he even aware of how much of an issue it is? Probably not, because he hasn't set up a good defensive shape in his career.

2 minutes ago, abramovich said:

You know what's really crazy? If we didn't sign Palmer late in the window, we'd probably be in the relegation battle right now. 

Its not crazy. Thats the reality + Petrovich.

The goalkeeper and ALL the defence are our second-string options, and our midfield is knackered, as the only sensible rotation options are also injured.

I think the only tactic in town is to try and outscore the opposition ... unfortunately it didn't work today but you'd really expect 32 chances and 13 on target to have been enough to offset conceding our customary two goals ... 

Put a top keeper and striker in this side, even as it is, and I think we'd be comfortably Top 4.

3 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

The goalkeeper and ALL the defence are our second-string options, and our midfield is knackered, as the only sensible rotation options are also injured.

I think the only tactic in town is to try and outscore the opposition ... unfortunately it didn't work today but you'd really expect 32 chances and 13 on target to have been enough to offset conceding our customary two goals ... 

Put a top keeper and striker in this side, even as it is, and I think we'd be comfortably Top 4.

I said the other day that this team really needed a spine of experienced players at the peak of their careers. Had the owners done that, I think we would have been in much better shape. An experienced striker, midfielder, defender that isn't 39 and maybe a goalkeeper too. They alone would have led the team to something better even if the coaching is terrible. 

An elite manager could I’m certain get a tune out of this squad Poch inexperienced excuse is bollox. All of the players are internationals period. There is no need to change things on the pitch when there is a more pressing issue for the board that is the need for increased revenue generation 

To answer my own question about is this our worst ever PL defence:

Goals conceded:

92/93 - 54

93/94 - 53

94/95 - 55

95/96 - 44

96/97 - 55

97/98 - 43

98/99 - 30

99/00 - 34

00/01 - 45

01/02 - 38

02/03 - 38

03/04 - 30

04/05 - 15

05/06 - 22

06/07 - 24

07/08 - 26

08/09 - 24

09/10 - 32

10/11 - 33

11/12 - 46

12/13 - 39

13/14 - 27

14/15 - 32

15/16 - 53

16/17 - 33

17/18 - 38

18/19 - 39

19/20 - 54

20/21 - 36

21/22 - 33

22/23 - 47

23/24 - 47 (With 10 games to go)

So our worst over 38 games was 55 goals.

With 10 games to go we've conceded 47, which is an average of 1.6 goals per game. Assuming we continue with that record, we'll end with about 63 conceded, which will be by far our worst ever PL defence. 

Truly amazing work Pochetino and cronies/family who he employs as assistants.

11 minutes ago, Zeta said:

To answer my own question about is this our worst ever PL defence:

Goals conceded:

92/93 - 54

93/94 - 53

94/95 - 55

95/96 - 44

96/97 - 55

97/98 - 43

98/99 - 30

99/00 - 34

00/01 - 45

01/02 - 38

02/03 - 38

03/04 - 30

04/05 - 15

05/06 - 22

06/07 - 24

07/08 - 26

08/09 - 24

09/10 - 32

10/11 - 33

11/12 - 46

12/13 - 39

13/14 - 27

14/15 - 32

15/16 - 53

16/17 - 33

17/18 - 38

18/19 - 39

19/20 - 54

20/21 - 36

21/22 - 33

22/23 - 47

23/24 - 47 (With 10 games to go)

So our worst over 38 games was 55 goals.

With 10 games to go we've conceded 47, which is an average of 1.6 goals per game. Assuming we continue with that record, we'll end with about 63 conceded, which will be by far our worst ever PL defence. 

Truly amazing work Pochetino and cronies/family who he employs as assistants.

Seems highly unlikely that we will let in less than 55 at this point. We've been conceding 2 goals per game against most teams.

52 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

So you think that our second-string team is not good enough to beat a 10 men Burnley? Ok, I think this coach is the main problem, he’s got a loser mentality and my worry is that he’s engraving into this young team how to be losers rather than teach them how to become winners.

How can anyone say they don't blame poch for that shambles is beyond me, at home l, 1 up against a 10 man team that's 2nd bottom and we looked sh*t scared after he talked to them. When the got their 2nd we fell to bits again. Of course it's him to blame.

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

And funnily enough, Poch didn't like him initially when he was signed. Pretty much shows how poor his judgement is. 

All our judgement on Palmer was poor tbf. His emergence and consistency has been remarkable. 

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I said the other day that this team really needed a spine of experienced players at the peak of their careers. Had the owners done that, I think we would have been in much better shape. An experienced striker, midfielder, defender that isn't 39 and maybe a goalkeeper too. They alone would have led the team to something better even if the coaching is terrible. 

Theres a lack of leadership in every area of the team. Defence. Midfield. Attack. Manager. 

That's the real shame. And I'm exactly the same. I don't even care any more. Win, lose or draw, I have no emotion. This isn't Chelsea any more. I don't know what it is.

52 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

All our judgement on Palmer was poor tbf. His emergence and consistency has been remarkable. 

It's different if fans are wrong about a player but manager's are literally paid to identify the best out of their players. The only reason Poch gave Palmer a chance at the start of the season was because of injuries and him running out of ideas after poor performances. Otherwise, Palmer would have been on the bench like Mudryk and Madueke.

I’m abit of a defender of Poch because he has a really young squad and has had loads of constant long term injuries…but I’m struggling to see how he can’t put out a team that can beat a 10 man Burnley team at home.

The lack of control of a game is alarming. It’s been happening all season. 

Poch will never say it but I’m not sure at this point whether he fully believes in some of these players. There’s been little hints in interviews that’s suggested that he doesn’t…but he doesn’t give much away in pressers. 

Edited by JM7