Is Madueke's laughter a breach of discipline?

I did not want to ask this in his own thread but I see there is some uproar about Noni laughing at full time with Grealish, right behind where Silva is crying and Gallagher and Enzo look devastated.

So, in light of Poches comments about the need to be disciplined, representing the club in the right way etc. My question is has Noni broken unwritten rules with his behavior and disrespected both his team mates and the fans, as well as the club.

If so is that breaching that discipline Poch spoke about in failing to represent the club in the proper way, and therefore he should be punished in some way?

Just wanted the general thoughts of the forum, not on his performance on the pitch, but on this incident and how it reflects on him.

My own personal opinion? Leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth and I hope he got a b*llock*ng for it in the changing room. JT probably woild have had him hanging from the ceiling by his bootstraps.

Would love to have heard Roy Keane’s thoughts on it!

Disciplined is a bit far, but showing complete disrespect to the club is a definite! Twice in a week now he’s been a complete d**khead, embarrassing and unprofessional! 

He’s crap anyway, sell him to Plymouth!

2 minutes ago, Mod said:

Would love to have heard Roy Keane’s thoughts on it!

Disciplined is a bit far, but showing complete disrespect to the club is a definite! Twice in a week now he’s been a complete d**khead, embarrassing and unprofessional! 

Yeah, or hear JTs at some point.

I mean I guess I don't expect many of the players to give two sh*ts about the fans. However the disrespect to Palmer and Conor was one thing vs Everton, but to do that literally behind Silvas back is...disgusting.

Fair points Mod, maybe it should be a future part of club discipline.

6 minutes ago, Mod said:

He’s crap anyway, sell him to Plymouth!

Lol you trying to provoke Just?

It shows the level and passion of the player in that situation! We all know how Thiago feels about this club and how much it affects him! I would blame Noni’s age but all seemed very pissed off!

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Lol you trying to provoke Just?

Is Just a fan? 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mod said:

It shows the level and passion of the player in that situation! We all know how Thiago feels about this club and how much it affects him! I would blame Noni’s age but all seemed very pissed off!

Aye I think most of our team seemed either hurt, or pi$$Ed off, or both.  Seemed to really get to Enzo, which surprised me, as well as Conor and Silva, which did not in the slightest. Their love for the club is something of yesteryear, something we took for granted in most of Roman's time as owner.

8 minutes ago, Mod said:

Is Just a fan? 

Does @Munkunkulike Taskmaster?

Edited by axman2526

I don't think you can or should punish somebody financially for something like this, it's a bit too far. But it's annoying to see and like Sconnie says, it reflects the current state of the club. There are too many players that aren't taking it seriously enough. This is an opportunity in your career to win silverware, and you're laughing with the opposition immediately at the final whistle after being knocked out in the semi final? How am I supposed to think you even care? And you look even worse when you're doing it behind your teammate who clearly does care and is crushed by a dream ending being ruined. 

I get modern day Manchester United vibes from this group. It's like the Pogba and Lingard era with all of the cringe haircuts and gang signs. Hate it. 

I've criticised Gallagher a lot this season, but at least the guy is serious and cares. We need more character like that.

13 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't think you can or should punish somebody financially for something like this, it's a bit too far. But it's annoying to see and like Sconnie says, it reflects the current state of the club. There are too many players that aren't taking it seriously enough. This is an opportunity in your career to win silverware, and you're laughing with the opposition immediately at the final whistle after being knocked out in the semi final? How am I supposed to think you even care? And you look even worse when you're doing it behind your teammate who clearly does care and is crushed by a dream ending being ruined. 

I get modern day Manchester United vibes from this group. It's like the Pogba and Lingard era with all of the cringe haircuts and gang signs. Hate it. 

I've criticised Gallagher a lot this season, but at least the guy is serious and cares. We need more character like that.

Too much too soon being too young? Money and fame going to their heads?

Not a financial punishment for me, but I would see Noni, and anyone else if there are others, dropped from the squad for a few games for the laughing incident, and have them play with the under 21s during those games.

8 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not a financial punishment for me, but I would see Noni, and anyone else if there are others, dropped from the squad for a few games for the laughing incident, and have them play with the under 21s during those games.

I don't know what it is, it's just the way some footballers are. Very few with this kind of personality make it all of the way to the top and stay there though. You need to be one of the most gifted players in the world to pull it off, like a Neymar, but even he won't be remembered as a great of the game.

The likes of Terry, Lampard, Cech, Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, De Bruyne, Fabregas, Silva, all of them, elite personalities on a football pitch to match their skill. It's why they are some of the best players of the modern era. They aren't the type to laugh and joke after losing a semi final.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't know what it is, it's just the way some footballers are. Very few with this kind of personality make it all of the way to the top and stay there though. You need to be one of the most gifted players in the world to pull it off, like a Neymar, but even he won't be remembered as a great of the game.

The likes of Terry, Lampard, Cech, Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, De Bruyne, Fabregas, Silva, all of them, elite personalities on a football pitch to match their skill. It's why they are some of the best players of the modern era. They aren't the type to laugh and joke after losing a semi final.

All those players you mentioned you could see it in them that it was a love for them, a passion.

Maybe for a Pogba, Lingard and perhaps Noni and some others we have, is just a ticket to fame and little more than a job, bit like becoming a social media star?

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

How many times though @axman2526. Wasn't Madueke dropped earlier in the season for behavioural issues.

There comes a point where action has to be taken. See where he is at when he has been dropped for half a season or loaned out somewhere.

29 minutes ago, El regreso said:

If I just lost the last chance to win something as a Chelsea player this season I don’t want any opposition player near me let a lot hug and laugh.

Standards have fallen at this club because of the 🤡 in the board room.

I don’t think everything needs to be blamed on the board .. Madueke reaction shows he doesn’t care as much.

silva looked heart broken since it was his last chance to win with us.. Enzo is a winner and CG is chels!

Bench him would be sufficient, not like he's a starter. Whatever needs to be said to him should be kept inside the locker room, no need for another story in the media. People who clearly disappointed were Silva and Gallagher, one definitely leaving, the other will to keep us out of financial trouble.

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Same here, one of his biggest critics. I just don't rate his footballing ability, but I admire him as a person 100%, you can tell he really loves the club. 

Unlike some of the sh*thouses we've got here. 

Shows a level of immaturity. If I'm being honest I don't think he has the mentality to play at the level we want to get back to. I think he could have a very solid career at a Crystal Palace/Fulham type team but I don't see him as a player at a top team. I'm happy to give him another season but in the summer if we were to get an offer for about what we paid for him I'd probably take it.

53 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Shows a level of immaturity. If I'm being honest I don't think he has the mentality to play at the level we want to get back to. I think he could have a very solid career at a Crystal Palace/Fulham type team but I don't see him as a player at a top team. I'm happy to give him another season but in the summer if we were to get an offer for about what we paid for him I'd probably take it.

I'm inclined to agree. I think he has much more to offer us than Sterling or Mudryk so he is far from the first wide player I'd look to move on. However looking longer term I'm not convinced there is a player bubbling under the surface who will deliver regularly at the level the club will be aiming to get to. 

If we had a stronger squad then he would be a reasonable back up player but I suspect we would consider selling if a reasonable offer came in.

I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist over the shot of him laughing after the final whistle yesterday.  Totally accept it didn't make for a good look and I was a bad loser at that age so it wouldn't have been my reaction. However I'm more interested in performance on the park and Madueke, whilst hot and cold, has impressed more than Sterling, Mudryk or Jackson (whilst still not looking totally convincing).

I missed this, and although lack full context, the timing and perception are incredibly poor.  As said multiple times above, it reflects the current state of the club.  I'd bench him, but reality is the only way to change people is change people.  I only want players that really care and have a different level/will to win.  Makes you question Noni's will.

4 hours ago, Jangz said:

I don’t think everything needs to be blamed on the board .. Madueke reaction shows he doesn’t care as much.

silva looked heart broken since it was his last chance to win with us.. Enzo is a winner and CG is chels!

So started the course of young players Ted Lasso and his gang so this starts from the top.

Yeah if we get a really decent offer for him, take it.

His attitude isn’t great but there’s no denying he is one of our better wingers. I’d keep him for now while we are lacking quality. I agree with what a few have said, he’s never going to be a top level player, he’s too immature like Lingard/Pogba.

7 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

How many times though @axman2526. Wasn't Madueke dropped earlier in the season for behavioural issues.

There comes a point where action has to be taken. See where he is at when he has been dropped for half a season or loaned out somewhere.

Hmm that does ring a bell, though I don't remember what for.