Random Rumours

2 minutes ago, forbzy said:

He hasn't featured for Napoli since late December. He picked up a thigh injury. I don't know when he is expected back. He is a good player but 32 so would only offer a short term option I would think.

Disappointingly it sounds like a Marina purchase for Conte from a tick box exercise.

Injured, old and not quite what we were expecting. 

18 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

With all this talk of Drinkwater & Zappacosta panic buys I'm bitterly disappointed in the lack of Papy Djilobodji involvement.

Ah the 2015 transfers. Djilobodji, Falcao, Miazga, Hector, Kenedy, Rahman.

In general we have a habit of messing things up after winning the league don't we. Instead of building on the momentum and attract top class players we buy dross.

4 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Ah the 2015 transfers. Djilobodji, Falcao, Miazga, Hector, Kenedy, Rahman.

In general we have a habit of messing things up after winning the league don't we. Instead of building on the momentum and attract top class players we buy dross.

An impressive list of nominees for worst signing of that summer. I would say Papy but I think we actually made a profit on him somehow. Rahman was pretty expensive wasn't he?

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

There was the time I predicted Lampard would be our all-time record goalscorer then would go and play for City before jetting off to the States.

This was while he was at West Ham.

You must be embarrassed. He went to the States before playing for City.

10 minutes ago, Fruity66 said:

Piatek and Cavani look to be off the table now so this may just be case of media speculating because they know we were interested in a striker. 

2 hours ago, forbzy said:

An impressive list of nominees for worst signing of that summer. I would say Papy but I think we actually made a profit on him somehow. Rahman was pretty expensive wasn't he?

We sold both Hector and Djilobodji for more than we paid for them.

So we are down to Falcao, Miazga, Kenedy, Rahman for the title of worst signing that year. I think it probably has to be Baba as he cost the most ... although Falcao runs him close, and didn't we actually have Pato on loan that year as well, now I think about it ?

Edited by Sexyfootball
19 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

We sold both Hector and Djilobodji for more than we paid for them.

So we are down to Falcao, Miazga, Kenedy, Rahman for the title of worst signing that year. I think it probably has to be Baba as he cost the most ... although Falcao runs him close, and didn't we actually have Pato on loan that year as well, now I think about it ?

We did have Pato on loan for the second half of that season. I think Pato and Falcao managed a goal each. Baba Rahman is still a Chelsea player and on loan at Mallorca currently. I believe his contract is up this summer so we will presumably let him leave on a free transfer at that point. 

9 hours ago, ozboy said:

Sure but how do you know that’s what Bayern think?

Hasim Salihamidzic their Sporting Director said so publically when asked why they weren't interested in signing him:

"With his pace, Timo Werner needs more space, just like he had in the system that Leipzig played. They may have changed their system, but it's still not as tight for them offensively as it is for us."

11 hours ago, sabin6912 said:

This is by no means a rumour but I'm wondering if we've considered a move for Danny Rose? In my opinion he's a better left back than Alonso and anything is an upgrade on Emerson. Would Levy sell/loan to a rival for one of the Champions League spots? 

I would rather have Alonso. The only thing Rose beats Alonso on is pace. Plus, I don't like him. 

This would just be a stopgap signing. He doesn't make us stronger or improve our top 4 chances so what is the point?

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Yeah we can’t seem to identify any player under the age of 36 without Michael here. Very underrated at the time and sorely missed now. 

His reputation has aged well. Like Mikel no one quite realised he was good until after he left. 

At least unlike Mikel we haven't replaced him with a poor Italian/Brazilian impersonation who can do the 5 yard sideways passes but can't defend...

7 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

His reputation has aged well. Like Mikel no one quite realised he was good until after he left. 

At least unlike Mikel we haven't replaced him with a poor Italian/Brazilian impersonation who can do the 5 yard sideways passes but can't defend...

I disagree with everything you’ve just said. I hope Mikel finds you and passes you 5 yards sideways out a window, he has the capabilities! :laugh2:

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

I disagree with everything you’ve just said. I hope Mikel finds you and passes you 5 yards sideways out a window, he has the capabilities! :laugh2:

I wasn't a big fan of Mikel, but I do sometimes wonder how well he would have done in Jorginho's role. Dictating play in the middle at his own pace was something Mikel was actually pretty decent at. He was a lot stronger than Jorginho too, so strength wouldn't have been something to worry about.