Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Seeing Ba's struggles, I am beginning to believe that strikers and Chelsea football club dont go together. 

Absolutely....

Ba has been non existant in the last few games and contributed naff all other than being bundled over for the pen (when he had already overan the ball btw).

I am not saying this makes Torres any less ineffective, however i do believe that our slow and pedestrian build up play hinders our strikers. I believe that even a great finisher like Falcao would struggle with the way we play currently. I have no idea why we continue to play so slowly.

I have heard the argument that because teams come and sit back against us that it effects our play, however teams also park the bus against city and Utd, yet they dont seem to play with the same slow, pedestrian and laboured build up. i dont know....i am at a loss.

Ba has been non existant in the last few games and contributed naff all other than being bundled over for the pen (when he had already overan the ball btw).

Against Newcastle he should have had a penalty and reduced them to 10 men.

Against Brentford he came on with 10 minutes to go and changed the game.

Yesterday we should have been 1-0 up thanks to him.

The big difference between him and Torres is that Ba came in and did the business, immediately. 2 goals on his debut, opened the scoring against Southampton at home, we all know the difference he made when he came on with 10 minutes to go against Swansea, etc.

You can hardly name the game where he didn't at least have one moment, which is in stark contrast to Torres for whom we could name hundreds.

Only Ba gets dropped inexplicably whereas Torres has been undroppable at times for Chelsea despite doing nothing.

Let's not mess about here, you really shouldn't be making comparisons.

Until we get someone better Ba should be our first-choice striker no question.

Who the f**k is making excuses for him anymore? Another pointless article but I suppose it does fill up the back pages......

If you read the first paragraph you'd know Benayoun was making excuses, as is the interim on an almost daily basis, and let's not forget your own fine efforts over these last 2 years.

Who can forget those.

If you read the first paragraph you'd know Benayoun was making excuses, as is the interim on an almost daily basis, and let's not forget your own fine efforts over these last 2 years.

Who can forget those.

When the players/manager are asked pointed questions about the performances of another player of their team, you cant expect them to say that he is playing poorly. Benayoun/Benitez have done what anyone else would have. Martin Samuel just got an excuse to print that article.

When the players/manager are asked pointed questions about the performances of another player of their team, you cant expect them to say that he is playing poorly. Benayoun/Benitez have done what anyone else would have. Martin Samuel just got an excuse to print that article.

Mancini laid into a lot of his squad last week, Nasri and Hart were on the receiving end of some of the criticism. 

He went on to talk about openly criticising players:

I think every player should be strong enough to take his responsibility and, like this, you can improve. You don't improve if you have a manager saying 'aah, don't worry, you made a mistake but it doesn't matter.'

We as fans help pay the players wages, if they aren't doing the job they are paid to do, I want to know they are being pulled up on it. 

Torres has been "protected" from critisim by the club since he signed and considering he is reportedly earning 175k a week, I think for Benetiz or whoever to say "He isn't contributing enough, he needs to step up his performance level" wouldn't be wrong.

Who can forget those.

So there should be an article written up every time a player or coach sticks up for an under performing player? 

Why is Torres being credited for that cracker Ramires goal last night? It was Ramires's goal FFS, it was going in, it just happened to skim Torres's shoulder.

It's quite normal to credit goals to the player with the final touch, however flukey or undeserved. The fact is, the deflection did lift the ball and so may have been crucial in putting it out of the keeper's reach.

It's different with deflections off opposition players, or else a high proportion would be given as own goals. Imagine if every touch by a keeper was seen as an own goal!

Why is Torres being credited for that cracker Ramires goal last night? It was Ramires's goal FFS, it was going in, it just happened to skim Torres's shoulder.

Looked to me and the commentators were saying it as well that the deflection of torres took it over the keepers hand. You've got to give it to torres, it was a great piece of improvisation and he ducked down to just the right height to get the lift on the ball!

Oh my...yes, the ball that Torres never saw coming was his goal. He used the eyes in the back of his head to calculate its trajectory and duck down just so it'd deflect off of him at the perfect angle. With the discovery of this new skill, he can revolutionize football. 

That's the kind of class you get when you spend 50 million.