Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

14 minutes ago, cuppaT said:

I know it's blasphemy but I've just never taken to him. His goal scoring is poor and his drive to improve is non existent. He's barely evolved from the player we bought except has better physical conditioning. He seems content with just having a natural low centre of gravity and a good turn of pace. If he went to Madrid he'd just get discarded like Robben. 

Harsh, very harsh in fact.

Hazard's goal scoring record is actually very good. He's played his Chelsea career as a winger / attacking midfielder, he's not a striker. You need to also remember that he's not been playing in a full on attacking team like Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Robben and Sanchez. If he was, then he would score even more goals.

Oh, and being discarded by Real Madrid doesn't mean much, they have sold a load of players that have gone on to have great careers, Robben being one of those players.

24 minutes ago, cuppaT said:

I know it's blasphemy but I've just never taken to him. His goal scoring is poor and his drive to improve is non existent. He's barely evolved from the player we bought except has better physical conditioning. He seems content with just having a natural low centre of gravity and a good turn of pace. If he went to Madrid he'd just get discarded like Robben. 

No. Not blasphemy.

But whaaaat?

I have had my gripes about Hazard in the past, I'll be honest, but he's been playing consistently well.

He's not Messi.

Or Ronaldo.

He's a superb player.

One of the best in the world. He's not perfect, but how many are?

Edited by Sun zhi

1 minute ago, Sun zhi said:

No. Not blasphemy.

But whaaaat?

I have had my gripes about Hazard in the past, I'll be honest, but he's been playing consistently well.

He's not Messi.

Or Ronaldo.

He's a superb player.

One of the best in the world. He's not perfect, but how many are?

When people question whether he is world class or not, they just need to ask themselves one question, which side wouldn't he start for ? I can't think of one club in world football that he wouldn't be a regular starter for. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG, Man City, Man United, Juventus, they would all have him in their first 11 every week. Everyone should just be happy that WE have him.

25 minutes ago, cuppaT said:

What an utter load of crap. He's one of the most elite dribblers in the world. Last season he had an 80 % succesfull take on rate. 

And like Scott said when you take into account that he's mostly played as a winger/attacking mid not a striker and the pragmatic way we play, his goalscoring record is good.

1 minute ago, Hazard10 said:

What an utter load of crap. He's one of the most elite dribblers in the world. Last season he had an 80 % succesfull take on rate. 

And like Scott said when you take into account that he's mostly played as a winger/attacking mid not a striker and the pragmatic way we play, his goalscoring record is good.

People are too obsessed with stats these days. Zidane is one of the best players to ever play the game and he never scored more than 12 goals in a single season.

Deadset penalty, ball was gone, he got kicked in the leg with a flying boot, the whole thing is right in front of the referee in clear view. If the referee doesn't give the penalty, he got lots of explaining to do. The usual excuse for not giving a penalty is blocked view, if referee could see through blocked views, lots more penalties would have been given.

Mind you, the referee did them plenty of favors by not sending wilshire off, or allow foul plays in the leading up to the goal.

I just want Eden to be more courageous at times, we all know he has the ability and skill set to take his game to the next level.

When I see him playing safe passes around the box instead of driving towards defenders it can be frustrating at times. When you look at a player like Salah then Eden could easily get that many goals if he believed in himself more.

Edited by Malcolm9

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm a bit worried that he will receive a ban when they look back at that penalty. It didn't look like a penalty to me and i would have been furious if that had been given against us.

There was contact, enough in fact to force his foot into a sideways movement. There is no way he gets banned for that.

Now was it enough to make him go down? Almost certainly not, but in the game of football in 2018 whether we like it or not it was a foul. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

There was contact, enough in fact to force his foot into a sideways movement. There is no way he gets banned for that.

Now was it enough to make him go down? Almost certainly not, but in the game of football in 2018 whether we like it or not it was a foul. 

One replay looked a clear foul. They only showed it once annoyingly 

He got a kick, a firm one. It was a foul.

No chance of a ban at all.

Who was it that went down for Arsenal a couple of seasons back where Arsene very emotionally said "WE CAN PROVE THERE WAS CONTACT", as if this was the silver bullet to allow a penalty. 

Hazard's was a soft one, but Wenger needs to catch a grip of himself, his players have quite clearly done the same thing. 

10 hours ago, Zola said:

Who was it that went down for Arsenal a couple of seasons back where Arsene very emotionally said "WE CAN PROVE THERE WAS CONTACT", as if this was the silver bullet to allow a penalty. 

Hazard's was a soft one, but Wenger needs to catch a grip of himself, his players have quite clearly done the same thing. 

Santi Cazorla? When a player swiped the fibers off his socks he fell down in agony and won a pen.

Getting a bit worried about Real's situation now that they seem to be in free fall.

When that happens they tend to try to sign as many big players as they can to appease the support. Hazard and tibo are the latest names although Hazard has been linked for a few seasons now.

Simply put, my head thinks he'll stay, my heart doesn't. Real Madrid along with Manchester United are the two biggest clubs in the world. Obviously he isn't going to Manchester United for more than reason, so, unfortunately for us, that only leaves one other team. Plus he's just turned 27 so it probably makes sense that he wishes Stamford Bridge farewell and starts a new journey in Madrid. 

Im sure a few tears will be shed against Liverpool in our final home game of the season. Antonio taking him off with 10 minutes left to a standing ovation. Wouldn't be a dry eye in the house. Just enjoy him for these last few months before we've got to say goodbye. 

Nahh he wont go.....RM may have been his dream Club, but he has long been Chelsified and loves it. I just dont think he will go unless Conte, Tibo etc also go. Ambition is huge Draw and we seem to badly lack this element but hey we can only wait ha.

I can't see him staying given the outlook for the club. There is zero ambition from the board - as Conte says, we are in austerity mode, which is hardly attractive to compete on the world stage.

I think if we showed more ambition it would be possible to keep him - not certain, but possible.

That just isn't going to happen with 1 in, 1 out.  

32 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Just the one goal since December 5th, which was his penalty against Arsenal. 

Few raised eyebrows about Morata's finishing and lack of goals but for the nice flicks and tricks, is our boy Eden chipping in enough where it counts most? 

Hazard has always been more of a creator then a finisher. 

6 goals in 1195 minutes this season.

Last season he had 16 in 2985 minutes. 

Slightly behind but not by much.

Morata imo is getting too much stick. He has 10 goals halfway through the season.

Costa had 20 at the end of last season. Morata is right on course to equal Costa's tally.

Our lack of goals has more to do with the switch from a front 3 to a front 2 in favour of an extra midfielder and more defensive solidity.

Edited by Hazard10