Sunderland v Chelsea (PL) 4/12/13 KO 19:45 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Great result and great performance against a team on great form. We travel to Sunderland Wednesday who are having a very poor start to the 2013 campaign.

I expect a comfortable result and a clean sheet.

Cech

Ivanovic

Terry

Cahill

Bertrand/Dave

Mikel

Lampard

Willian

Mata

Hazard

Ba

3-0

Lampard (penalty)

Ba

And a goal from another Jose supersub.

Edited by AlexTommo

Another game on Wednesday, nice one :)

Mata has to start again, don't think we need to change too much up.

Sunderland are a terrible side, but I don't think this will be an easy fixture. Our away record this season has been awful and we have to kick on now.

Great result and great performance against a team on great form. We travel to Sunderland Wednesday who are having a very poor start to the 2013 campaign.

I expect a comfortable result and a clean sheet.

Cech

Ivanovic

Terry

Cahill

Bertrand/Dave

Mikel

Lampard

Willian

Mata

Hazard

Ba

3-0

Lampard (penalty)

Ba

And a goal from another Jose supersub.

Mikel and lampard? Don't do it jose!!

I'd be very tempted to play 2 up top in this one but with a lot of games coming up and torres and ba our only fit strikers it is probably best to just play 1 and rotate the 2. Ba would play this one for me with torres coming in against stoke. If we had eto available I'd definitely go with torres and ba but we need both strikers fresh for the games they are chosen to play. My team presuming oscar is fit.

Cech

Azpil              Cahill       terry       Cole

Ramires   Mikel

Willian         Mata       Schurrle

Ba

Hazard, oscar,torres, ivan to be rested and brought on if needed.

Got to push on here and this won't be easy, especially as we have only won 2 games away in the league.

Wouldn't change too much, but I would be inclined to play 4-3-3 vs these. Don't think you need two defensive mids against Sunderland in all honesty and Ramires is on form, so with a bit of licence he might get a goal/assist. Also, this is the sort of team that won't pick up Lampard's runs. Ba might also be a shout, as in his defence he has two goals in the little minutes he has had in the last month and seems to get more chances than Torres (must be a movement issue)

----------------Cech------------------

Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Azplicueta

----------------Mikel------------------
--------Ramires----Lampard-------
--Mata-----------------Hazard/Willian/Schurrle
-----------------Ba---------------------

On reflection, I have changed it quite a bit, but hey-ho.

Anyway, Jose knows best.

Should win this. Sunderland's defense is porous to say the least and they struggle keeping 11 men on the field.

Mata should start again, wouldn't mind seeing Willian and Schurrle either.

Think we can be safe in assuming that Jose won't risk escalating the knock Oscar picked up on Sunday.

Mata, Torres, and Willian on the scoresheet.

first of all mata has to start. he proved again yesterday that he is an oustanding player. he is responsable for the turned around. I think that oscar will be oud of the squad on wednesday. so we have to start with hazard mata and schurle in the starting line up. chelsea are holding a fabulous record against the black cats. 5 successive wins. we must win the game. we have to keep ion touch with the gunners.for my taste ba was excellent against soton andhe deserves a to start.   my starting line up:

cech

iva cahill terry cole

lampard ramires

schurle mata hazard

ba

Whatever side Jose picks can win this game if they play well,we know the rest.Oscar wont be risked and Luiz might not be ready so i would go with Cech,Ivan,JT,Cahill,Azpi,Rami,Mikel,Mata,Hazard,Torres,Ba.Yep two forwards(i know it wont happen though)The defence looks solid and Rami and Mikel can hold while the other four can get at them.Its important in games like these to really impose ourselves and get goals and silence the crowd(Stoke will be the same)