Matic

Ethan789blues
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Stupid way to get sent of. Referee's decision was correct, we were more angry that the referee changed his mind after the WestHam players pursued the case. Our players just look so frustrated and agitated this season. In Matic's position, you need to cool head or your risk 1 too many bad tackles, and the team is paying for that. I think still our best chance against liverpool is with him back in the team, maybe RLC beside him?

• 4 weeks later...

Rumours that he wants to leave the National team.

Not rumours, he's quoted as saying it. him, the manager and the director as far as im aware are all considering quitting because of the attitude of the majority of the squad

article here: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/4961/international-football/2015/11/14/17326962/matic-slams-serbia-team-mates-ill-quit-if-things-dont-change

quotes: "I always try to lead by example but some people don't want to see that," he told reporters.

"The attitude of some players is unacceptable, not just on the pitch but off it too and it was obvious from the moment we got together on Monday.

"I told our coach [Radovan Curcic] there is no point in me carrying on with the national team if things don't change."

Edited by Coxy15

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

What the hell happened to him? He looked like the best DM in the world when we signed him, almost single handedly breaking up all attacks in midfield, now he can't tackle or prevent counters, does these blind back passes to where he *thinks* a player is which plays the opponents in.

All he does now is attack like a pseudo number 10, but his starting position is in deep and doesn't fully commit to the box while he's up there, so neither here nor there and leaving us short in both ends.

I don't think we should get rid, but boy does he need an extended break to sort himself out.

What the hell happened to him? He looked like the best DM in the world when we signed him, almost single handedly breaking up all attacks in midfield, now he can't tackle or prevent counters, does these blind back passes to where he *thinks* a player is which plays the opponents in.

All he does now is attack like a pseudo number 10, but his starting position is in deep and doesn't fully commit to the box while he's up there, so neither here nor there and leaving us short in both ends.

I don't think we should get rid, but boy does he need an extended break to sort himself out.

quite simple really, he doesn't see himself as DM so the goes the commitment and desire.. 

It's a strange one.  Watching him at times he can be sublime, at others he can be completely inadequate.  Today I saw him nearly tackle one of his team mates (maybe Willian) and then another time he pretty much stood still, not showing for the ball, and being more of a road-block than anything else.