Matic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

From red cafe:

"It's bizarre he's going back there after being more or less shafted. In fact it baffles me why any young player would ever want to join Chelsea.

They're career killers unless you cost 20 million pounds. They've constantly buried young talent down the years. f**king vile club, shafted him out whilst overpaying for a clumsy Brazilian and now they're paying stupid amounts to get him back.

Chelsea FC #f**ktards 4ever."

Haha, why so serious? 

Should ask them if given the chance to sign Pogba back for say £35M would they turn it down? I'm pretty sure his answer would be no.

As in:

--------MvG--------

Rambo------Matic

? Still, it's not done yet so before formations are predicted I suppose we must wait to see if we actually sign the player before we stick him in the starting XI...!

It'd be more like this:

Matic

Rambo          MvG

From red cafe:

"It's bizarre he's going back there after being more or less shafted. In fact it baffles me why any young player would ever want to join Chelsea.

They're career killers unless you cost 20 million pounds. They've constantly buried young talent down the years. f**king vile club, shafted him out whilst overpaying for a clumsy Brazilian and now they're paying stupid amounts to get him back.

Haha, why so serious? 

mad because we dont settle for players of cleverly and smalling calibre

Umm, good business selling a promising 22 year old for a 26 year old. Building for the future aren't we?

IMHO, Yes considering the wealth of talent we have in that position. Matic's 25. Whats the problem? 

Good buisness making over double the amount we paid for a player that has played twice. 

Read my previous posts I have always been extremely supportive of De Bruyne. I believed he would be a starter but sadly he hasn't been able to shine albeit not having enough opportunities in my view. 

Were desperate for a Matic type player where as right now De Bruyne is a luxury were stocked in that position. Were basically funding Matic with the De Bruyne money. Good Business....

From red cafe:

Haha, why so serious? 

The same bloke posted this

He probably had other options than Chelsea back then, it's not as if Chelsea are known as some sort of unique club for spotting talent.
And it isn't that you " bury phenomenal young talent", it's just your treatment of young players in general.

Who's careers did you stall? I'll go through the list..

Branislav Ivanovic - If it wasn't for Scolari, he'd have been buried and long sold. How long did it take him to make one appearance? this despite the fact Chelsea paid 9 odd million for him.

Daniel Sturridge - Speaks for itself.

Ryan Bertrand - Where is he? Ashley Cole is finished but what do Chelsea do, they play a right full back at left back instead.

Gael Kakuta - Illegally signed from Lens about 500 years ago, spent the last few years being thrown around Europe on loan.

Scott Sinclair - Pissed him about for years.

Tom Taiwo and Michael Woods?

It's not as if these guys were or are in their teens or anything, most are or were in their 20's.

I get that the demand to be successful is the main reason Chelsea never give a chance to young talent but then why spend so much money on these players only to shaft them out on loan every year when they're well into their 20's, it doesn't help them progress. You stop other clubs from getting these players, you stop clubs from developing these players and then you treat them like sh*t and if you can't see that then you're deluded. Take your head out the sand.

I wonder what lies for Josh Mceachran and Nathaniel Chalobah, two very talented players, with Lampard ageing, surely you'd think it would be a perfect opportunity to give either a go, will Chelsea? will they f**k?

It's well known that Chelsea treat young players badly, I'm not even coming up with anything ground breaking here. It's just years of evidence.

Edited by jack_super_class

He probably had other options than Chelsea back then, it's not as if Chelsea are known as some sort of unique club for spotting talent.
And it isn't that you " bury phenomenal young talent", it's just your treatment of young players in general.

Branislav Ivanovic - If it wasn't for Scolari, he'd have been buried and long sold. How long did it take him to make one appearance? this despite the fact Chelsea paid 9 odd million for him.

Ryan Bertrand - Where is he? Ashley Cole is finished but what do Chelsea do, they play a right full back at left back instead.

Gael Kakuta - Illegally signed from Lens about 500 years ago, spent the last few years being thrown around Europe on loan.

It's not as if these guys were or are in their teens or anything, most are or were in their 20's.

I get that the demand to be successful is the main reason Chelsea never give a chance to young talent but then why spend so much money on these players only to shaft them out on loan every year when they're well into their 20's, it doesn't help them progress. You stop other clubs from getting these players, you stop clubs from developing these players and then you treat them like sh*t and if you can't see that then you're deluded. Take your head out the sand.

I wonder what lies for Josh Mceachran and Nathaniel Chalobah, two very talented players, with Lampard ageing, surely you'd think it would be a perfect opportunity to give either a go, will Chelsea? will they f**k?

It's well known that Chelsea treat young players badly, I'm not even coming up with anything ground breaking here. It's just years of evidence.

Look in the trophy cabinet if you want evidence.

Edited by coco

There's just so much wrong with this whole post it's laughable, listing our first choice right back Ivanovic as an example of hindering player development? Wah?

Not quite sure how we "pissed about" Sinclair "for years" seeing as he left us when he was what 21? The fact that he chose to follow the money to City rather than stay at Swansea is his own fault. 

I understand the point the guy is trying to make but considering he supports a club that bought Zaha, one of the most promising English prospects and have let him rot all season and appear reluctant to allow him to leave on loan in order to get first team football, maybe he should look a little closer to home rather than lashing out and talking nonsense about players he clearly knows nothing about. 

He also lists Ryan Bertrand well i could just name Fabio exactly the same situation.Then he lists two youngsters in Tom Taiwo and Michael Woods both not good enough for Chelsea but thats Chelsea fault.And Kakuta i don't see the problem loaning out a young player,we gave him opportunities whilst out on loan to show he can do but i suppose doing what Utd are doing with Zaha is a better way to handle things.

Macheda gets loaned out everywhere because hes not good enough, what about Bebe? Rodrigo Possebon? They signed Zoran Tosic and hardly ever played him.There is bound to be plenty more.