Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2015/2016

They've never been in danger of relegation, and for a promoted team staying up is pretty much the only aim of the first year. The poor results the second half of the season are simply the way you'd expect a promoted team to perform. They greatly overacheived the first half and performed as you'd expect the second half.

And let's not forget that they reached the FA Cup semi final.

I worry that Leicester's success will produce all these delusional boards wondering why their manager can't do the same.

That's a joke of a decision

Joke indeed, they (the "Pozzo family") seem to be doing at Watford what they do at Udinese... chop and change coaches at a whim. It wouldn't surprise me if they let him go not because he kept them up this year, but because it's unlikely they'll sell any of their players for more than 15m euros this summer (it's no coincidence that Ake is at Watford and Perica at Udinese). Considering Watford/Udinese's relative status it's a pretty decent business model in fairness.

Edited by the special one

Flores leaving Watford at the end of the season.

I was reading that RDM was a main candidate. The owners of Watford are Italian, so this rumor makes sense. Question though, did Zola leave Watford or was he sacked?

From Mike Ashley

‘There can be no doubt that relegation is a terrible blow but I want to assure you that the club will now be doing everything it can at all levels to try to ensure a swift return to its rightful place in the Premier League. We have done it before - we can do it again.

Rightful place, WTF...when did any club have a 'rightful' place in the Premier League? .....especially such a disorganized and terribly run club like Newcastle

Completely understandable by Everton.  I'm sure it has been pointed out, but Martinez said he'd deliver the Champions League to them.

FLores came in, did a good job, and they fire him?

Playoffs are a ridiculous concept, isn't there a 15 point gap between Brighton and Sheffield? Should just be straight promotion for 1st and second

Great atmosphere at the match. As someone else has stated the playoffs are about the money they generate, they also keep the season alive for so many. Personally I'd prefer that the third bottom side went into a playoffs along with 3rd 4th & 5th from the championship like it was originally.

Hibs lose to Falkirk and face another year in the Scottish Championship. Some pleasure in that for Rangers fans after the Hibs chairman's role in ensuring that the Gers were evicted from the Scottish Premier League in 2011. 

Other good news for Rangers is that the Football League's rules on dual ownership may mean that Mike Ashley will be forced to sell his shares in the Ibrox club. 

Friday 13th's never felt better. :laugh2:

Great atmosphere at the match. As someone else has stated the playoffs are about the money they generate, they also keep the season alive for so many. Personally I'd prefer that the third bottom side went into a playoffs along with 3rd 4th & 5th from the championship like it was originally.

Bundesliga do something like that dont they?

Hibs lose to Falkirk and face another year in the Scottish Championship. Some pleasure in that for Rangers fans after the Hibs chairman's role in ensuring that the Gers were evicted from the Scottish Premier League in 2011. 

Other good news for Rangers is that the Football League's rules on dual ownership may mean that Mike Ashley will be forced to sell his shares in the Ibrox club. 

Friday 13th's never felt better. :laugh2:

Just need the 'Gers to beat Hibs in the Scottish Cup Final to make them suffer even more. Excellent news about Ashley. Horrible man.