Romelu Lukaku

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Lukaku still has potential to be great. He's improved some areas of his game since he left here, and he could be a massive player for us for years to come, if he could just improve a few things like his first touch, but the kind of money being suggested is just way too much. For 70m you'd expect an already established world class player.

^ Dunno about that, maybe they have similar tastes in fashion.

"Ooh Winfried mate, I like your dreads!"

"Cheers Rom, I think your shoes are sweet."

Fashion conflicts are a serious matter in dressing room. 

Might boil over to a Zoolander style walk off between the two. 

Not sure if Bony going there means Lukaku to us. Bony i suppose softens the blow of losing Lukaku if they do sell him.

Im not an ITK lover, but one or 2 over on their site (not that 'esk' tit) claim Rom still wants out and they think he will go

Yeah, you would imagine so.  I'd also imagine we would want a straight cash deal now that Traore is going out on loan, because if we swap Remy for Lukaku we'll be a little light on the striker front, especially if we start playing two up front.

Ive never really understood this focusing thing, surely as a club we are able to go after multiple transfer targets at the same time. Its not like transfer negotiations with an agent or club need to be done in person. 

I may have not phrased it well, but I meant that our priority should be to address our issues in defence first and foremost.

However, we shouldn't automatically ignore and neglect our transfer dealings for other positions simultaneously either.

I may have not phrased it well, but I meant that our priority should be to address our issues in defence first and foremost.

However, we shouldn't automatically ignore and neglect our transfer dealings for other positions simultaneously either.

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a dig at you. It's something media outlets always say and ive always thought it was daft. Like a huge club can't concentrate on signing more than one player at a time

Ronald Koeman: "Romelu Lukaku is still an Everton player and we want to keep our best players." #EFC #CFC

Make it what you will....

Interesting use of the word "still" - still an Everton player until the right money comes in?

I dont think Lukaku is worth anything close to 50M- the last time I paid attention to him I found him to be an immature big lump with an awful touch and an attitude problem. I know he sometimes scores plenty of goals, but a big fish in a small pond doesn't always transfer over.

I like what Koeman has done there so far - he's made two excellent signings in Ashley Williams and Idrissa Gueye, and he's hoofed Aidan McGeady out of the first-team squad.

He's one contract offer for Leon Osman away from already having my vote for Manager of the Season.

Ronald Koeman: "Romelu Lukaku is still an Everton player and we want to keep our best players." #EFC #CFC

Make it what you will....

On Jagielka "Phil Jagielka is the captain of the team. We don't have too many centre-backs. We need four so there is no way he can leave the club."

On Lukaku - the above statement with "we will do our maximum to keep him"

Glass half empty or half full, those comments are pretty telling

Everton fan, visiting temporarily. One or two of you might remember me from last year and the Stones saga that went on.

Andy Hunter, who covers Everton matters closely for the Guardian and is based in Liverpool, insists that we haven't even received a single bid from you for Lukaku. He's very well informed and cautious, and doesn't normally print something like that without being quite certain. Personally, I'm inclined to believe him over the Mail, Express and Evening Standard, none of whom have any quotes or substance backing their articles.

I know there's mixed opinion on here about paying somewhere in the £60-75m range for an ex-player that you sold, and also because a number of you just don't rate him that highly for the level you require, which is perfectly understandable. A number of our fans would agree with you (although the majority would prefer to keep him, I think, which is also my view). He's a very good player on his day, he does score goals and would get 20+ a season but as we all know he does have some limitations.

Anyway, I'm mainly posting just to say, I don't think we'll be selling him. Stones to City is pretty much a done deal, and I don't think we'll sell both.

Thanks,

i've been saying this elsewhere, but I've yet to see anything toher than speculation about him joining us at this point.  As you said, no Quotes other than one of him saying he wants to play CL - which the press then ran with as an "i want out of Everton" cry.