Romelu Lukaku

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Leicester look to have uncovered another decent striker. Will be interesting to see how he fairs in the coming season.

I think no one doubts his talent, but the guy can be a bit brainless at times, which can be frustrating. Can equal Messi one game (just so I'm not misunderstood - I'm directly referring to the Nigeria vs Argentina game at the 2016 WC), then mess up the simplest of chances the next game or fail to make a simple, obvious chance.

He's basically Aubemeyang, but without the finishing.

So papers reckon Everton are going to take the same stance they did with John Stones 12 months ago as they're reportedly unhappy that we've unsettled him. Intestresting how it was fine when Martinez was openly talking about buying him though isn't it? Really f**king despise that club

So papers reckon Everton are going to take the same stance they did with John Stones 12 months ago as they're reportedly unhappy that we've unsettled him. Intestresting how it was fine when Martinez was openly talking about buying him though isn't it? Really f**king despise that club

They are a cringe club.

I don't really want Lukaku so I'm not bothered if they don't sell him to us but he WILL leave in the next year or two because that club can't keep their best players.

They criticise others for unsettling players yet at the same time they are doing the exact same thing, they just look like mugs tbh.

He's basically Aubemeyang, but without the finishing.

Speaking of Aubameyang, how about taking Lukaku's money, add a bit and offer it to Dortmund and let them have a choice of makeweight players we could throw in to make it work? I know it's unlikely but if we offer big enough fee, who knows. 

They are a cringe club.

I don't really want Lukaku so I'm not bothered if they don't sell him to us but he WILL leave in the next year or two because that club can't keep their best players.

They criticise others for unsettling players yet at the same time they are doing the exact same thing, they just look like mugs tbh.

Don't tell me they couldn't replace him if we gave them £60mil+ for him. Bullsh*t!

They are just trying to appease their fans as in the next week or so they'll lose Stones and Rom. Combined £100 mil to spend on replacements. Notice that the club aren't taking this 'stance' with City over their pursuit of Stones?

The thing is there is absolute no proof we made any bid or approach for Lukaku. Also there is no proof Everton set his price at 75 million. Te me it's a fabricated story  to sell papers, possibly an agent involvement to force a move ( anywhere ) so he can earn a commission.

when it became clear nothing will happen the papers had to invent the " Koeman is not happy,Everton will reject all offers" story to justify their previous rumor.

With Stones was different we did make an approach and it was very public.

For me the Lukaku story ( so far ) is just gutter journalism

They are a cringe club.

Yeah and that's all I meant, not fussed it we don't get Lukaku just the hypocrisy of them that pisses me off.

Speaking of Aubameyang, how about taking Lukaku's money, add a bit and offer it to Dortmund and let them have a choice of makeweight players we could throw in to make it work? I know it's unlikely but if we offer big enough fee, who knows. 

They'v done some good business in this transfer window and could realistically challenge Bayern this year, no way will they sell their spearhead. 

The thing is there is absolute no proof we made any bid or approach for Lukaku. Also there is no proof Everton set his price at 75 million. Te me it's a fabricated story  to sell papers, possibly an agent involvement to force a move ( anywhere ) so he can earn a commission.

when it became clear nothing will happen the papers had to invent the " Koeman is not happy,Everton will reject all offers" story to justify their previous rumor.

I find this post comforting somehow.

They are a cringe club.

Same as with Stones, saying we unsettled him by...gosh....shock horror....making a transfer offer for him. Were an evil club doing such underhand things like making a transfer offer for a player. disgusting.

no he spoke recently about honouring his late grandfathers wishes and only moving form dortmund to play for real madrid, so we won't be signing him. 

They are a cringe club.

Scousers say no more. Whinge,whinge,whinge.

Have thought for a while that unless we go to £75m, Lukaku will have to hand in a TR.  I do believe though, that Koeman isn't as much of an obstruction as Martinez when it comes to a player requesting to leave.

Lallana, Lovren, Clyne, Schneiderlin.  All asked to go, and all got their move.  And all just as important to Soton as Rom is to Everton

Edited by RickUK

Have thought for a while that unless we go to £75m, Lukaku will have to hand in a TR.  I do believe though, that Koeman isn't as much of an obstruction as Martinez when it comes to a player requesting to leave.

Lallana, Lovren, Clyne, Schneiderlin.  All asked to go, and all got their move.  And all just as important to Soton as Rom is to Everton

I don't think Koeman had the same kind of control at Southampton though. The board probably made the decision to sell those players.

They are a cringe club.

Everton is not worthy of hate. They are a perennial midtable wannabe club.

So papers reckon Everton are going to take the same stance they did with John Stones 12 months ago as they're reportedly unhappy that we've unsettled him.

To be honest I hope they do. I don't rate Lukaku - he's a good finisher yes but his touch is abysmal, his link-up play poor and he doesn't impose himself physically in the way that a striker of his build should. He's actually very similar to Costa in many ways, and I simply don't see how those two could play together. Perhaps Lukaku could develop but his given his attitude I can't see him improving too much.

£70m odd is ludicrous for Lukaku - spend that money on a CB and LB/RB which we are desperately in need of.

Edited by Celery1989

That's pretty much what is being said on Merseyside, doesn't mean you're not interested but there's been no formal contact as yet, so all the talk of Everton rejecting/whinging is rubbish but I've no doubt he will go if you come in for him. Stones to City is a different matter, they have approached and it's ongoing. It's funny how wound up fans get when they choose to believe the tripe that is served up every day. Arsenal fans apparently upset that we are going to grab Draxler from under their noses, in what world is any of that story true?

If this is even close to true we need Everton to be as obnoxious as they where last season (I don't mind that they where either) lukaku is not worth the money , I wouldn't pay 50 for him !!

These prices are crazy, imagine what a prime Ronaldo would go for in today's market , and I'm talking about this version

If this is even close to true we need Everton to be as obnoxious as they where last season (I don't mind that they where either) lukaku is not worth the money , I wouldn't pay 50 for him !!

These prices are crazy, imagine what a prime Ronaldo would go for in today's market , and I'm talking about this version

I couldn't agree more, as odious as Suarez was in the PL, how on earth could Lukaku be worth more?

https://youtu.be/Vhpe2MU6hfU

Most gifted player ive even seen. Worth 2 pogba's and a lukaku.

Most gifted player ive even seen. Worth 2 pogba's and a lukaku.

I agree we all saw what injuries done to Falcao and Torres but in the case of Ronaldo when he came back he was still world class! just imagine how good he would have been without the knee injuries! 

Cotr2EKUIAAeigx.jpg

I agree we all saw what injuries done to Falcao and Torres but in the case of Ronaldo when he came back he was still world class! just imagine how good he would have been without the knee injuries! 

Cotr2EKUIAAeigx.jpg

maybe this is why we refer to Ronaldo as the 'Real Ronaldo' or as his nickname suggests 'O Fenômeno' - This guy was a Once in a Lifetime type of player & this should be recognized by all