Jose Mourinho thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, JM7 said:

Is there any way that Jose can turn things round? What does he have to do?

£££

He needs better players because he has pissed off the ones that are there and some of the ones left from the previous regime are not good enough.

Lucky for Jose United can spend anything they want because they are the richest club in football, however he needs to bring in the right players because the way things are going he cant really afford to fall further behind.

Guys like Memphis, Shaw, Martial and others look to be surplus while Rooney is in steady decline and Zlatan isn't going to magically turn into a world class finisher over night (and at his stage in his career).

Ironically it's the player he sacrificed at Chelsea that has made things a bit easier for him in terms of results and performances.

Lol @ he needs better players. That Manchester United team is as good as any team in the league right now. Better than Arsenal, Liverpool and on par with Chelsea. I would say only City has slightly better players.

Also how much more money are they gonna spend? They've spent close to 300m since Fergie retired and we are still talking about spending more money. 

Two things to add:

1. He never proclaimed he was the Special One as if there weren't any managers at his level. He said he wasn't one of the bottle and he was "a special one".

2. That's United team/squad on balance isn't as good as the best squads in the league. Jose still has allot of the same crap that Van Gaal add but he's added to it. Smelling, Jones, Shaw are all injury prone and IMO not top players. Guys like Lingard, Rashford and Martial have talent but are young and don't fit the system. Carrick is ageing, Ashley Young is average. Valencia is a good work horse but not super talented, etc. Defence and midfield are the real problem areas and if he sorted those areas I have no doubt he'd turn them into champions. I also imagine a world class winger would change there fortunes. Sure a lot of money has been spent but that squad is mostly still Van Gaals who didn't spend it wisely. I'm sure Spurs can relate after wasting the Gareth Bale money on sh*te. Aside from Mykhtarian (who is adapting to a new league). Joses signings have been fairly good but he didn't buy a lot of players and they lost Bailly who was having a good season. So looking at it that way Jose probably should be given more money to make it his squad.

Also before anyone goes on about Ibrahimovich let's remember he is no spring chicken. He's an ageing player coming towards the end and although Pogba was at United previously he didn't play much so it's still like adapting to a new league.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

This video below is how I prefer to remember and think about Jose...I don't believe his heart is in it at Utd...his ambition and his head, told him to take utd job, but I see none of the love and passion for Utd as he had for us..maybe naive, but succeeding at old Trafford just seems a job for him...nothing like what he had for cfc...

But it's the same team that finished level on points with city last season in fifth. City have added some talents but the core remains the same whilst United have actually addded Even more talent. I'm sorry but I don't buy that this Utd team is rubbish. They're very good and deserve to be in the top 3. 

2 minutes ago, Ivanov87 said:

But it's the same team that finished level on points with city last season in fifth. City have added some talents but the core remains the same whilst United have actually addded Even more talent. I'm sorry but I don't buy that this Utd team is rubbish. They're very good and deserve to be in the top 3. 

They aren't rubbish (and I don't recall anyone saying they were either) but they certainly aren't great and more importantly balanced. You can have 2-4 great players but if the rest are average then your teams gonna struggle. That team is in clear need of clearing some dead wood.

6 minutes ago, The Brit said:

This video below is how I prefer to remember and think about Jose...I don't believe his heart is in it at Utd...his ambition and his head, told him to take utd job, but I see none of the love and passion for Utd as he had for us..maybe naive, but succeeding at old Trafford just seems a job for him...nothing like what he had for cfc...

Yet conspiracy theorists feel he got sacked on purpose. 

I think that Conte (Raneiri) has proved that actually you don't need to spend vast amounts of money to succeed. What is more important is building a strong team unity and bond. 

Jose's team used to have that but not anymore and I think this is his downfall. Players aren't willing to run through brick walls for him anymore because of the lack of a team bond. 

I think that Conte (Raneiri) has proved that actually you don't need to spend vast amounts of money to succeed. What is more important is building a strong team unity and bond. 
Jose's team used to have that but not anymore and I think this is his downfall. Players aren't willing to run through brick walls for him anymore because of the lack of a team bond. 

Yeah 18 months is a really long time to go without a team bond. He will never get it back after such a long time.

39 minutes ago, kiwi1691 said:

Debatable

No, the NHS, for example, is in shambles and all this lot earning sh*t loads and not paying what they ought to into the pot is only one of the reasons why it is like that. There are other issues there, but he won't get my sympathy if he's found guilty (as none of the tax payer fraudsters).

Another week of the usual Jose/Draw United service. Seriously, his team hasn't got 2 goals in them. Did he have a go at Chelsea when he said something like ' teams doing well play with 11 men defending and looking for counter" in the post match conference? He's lost it, I'd start feeling sorry for him if he keeps this up for another months.

I think he was having a pop at us or more the medias covrrage of us there TBH.

He'a clearly having a very difficult time at United. He's spitting his dummy out every chance and I can see the Utd board been worried about that.

Still though some people on here using his last season here and his current run as a reason to have a pop at what he's achieved here is still rubbing me the wrong way. Sure the guys lost the plot as he did in his final season here but he's still our most successful manager ever and the man who transformed us into the even bigger club we are today. Not saying people can't have a pop at the guy when he's spouting sh*t like yesterday but people shouldn't be having a pop at what he accomplished with us. 

23 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I Still though some people on here using his last season here and his current run as a reason to have a pop at what he's achieved here is still rubbing me the wrong way. Sure the guys lost the plot as he did in his final season here but he's still our most successful manager ever and the man who transformed us into the even bigger club we are today. Not saying people can't have a pop at the guy when he's spouting sh*t like yesterday but people shouldn't be having a pop at what he accomplished with us. 

I think that's what makes me most sad about this situation.

I understand that he's managing Manchester United, which naturally results in some supporters willing to engage in a war of words or sledging him (I want to see him fail at Man U) but I feel like some forget all the great things he accomplished with us.

No doubt the end was very bad and still fresh in people's minds, but I'd like to think that supporters will remember him for the good times and not the way it ended disastrously.

Comparing how Jose talks about United and looking at the last few months at Chelsea, it feels like he treated us with contempt. All his statements about United being a big club, having a go at the Chelsea fans etc just seem to suggest that he is bitter towards us. 

Wouldn't shock me if he's bitter toward the board for sacking him and possibly bitter at the players for underperforming, but I think he was always grateful for the unwavering support that the Chelsea supporters provided to him during his two stints here.

Of course he's going to pump up United's tyres and speak glowingly of them. He's employed by them.

12 hours ago, Jezz said:

I think that's what makes me most sad about this situation.

I understand that he's managing Manchester United, which naturally results in some supporters willing to engage in a war of words or sledging him (I want to see him fail at Man U) but I feel like some forget all the great things he accomplished with us.

No doubt the end was very bad and still fresh in people's minds, but I'd like to think that supporters will remember him for the good times and not the way it ended disastrously.

I think its more how everything has unfolded, last season we were constantly told our players ratted Jose out, which was clearly not true and what has happened this season confirms it. Then he goes to a competitive rival and has been mentioned holding some quite clear resentment, i mean is anyone not going to cotton on to the irony of moaning about us having an advantage not being in Europe when its his fault we ain't?

Overtime last season and him being at United will be nothing more than a very very tiny dent in his legacy here, if that, but while last season is still raw and he's at Old Trafford there will be the elephant in the room.

I don't remember fans disrespected him when he played at the Bridge last time. In fact fans gave him a good ovation, and his words after the match was felt nothing ( or something similar to that), and he expressed his 'outrage' publicly at Conte for firing up the fans. The least he could say it's thanks, but I was focused on the game. Wait, I remember he said nice things about the fans when he beat us with Inter years ago. See the difference? He couldn't even acknowledging the fans just because he lost the game. I honestly think it's the other way around, he can't wait to wash the Chelsea memory off.

On 12/6/2016 at 18:14, JM7 said:

Comparing how Jose talks about United and looking at the last few months at Chelsea, it feels like he treated us with contempt. All his statements about United being a big club, having a go at the Chelsea fans etc just seem to suggest that he is bitter towards us. 

He'll speak ill of United, too, once they're done with him.