Tiémoué Bakayoko

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Apparently, Monaco getting frustrated with the deal as it's being held up by Chelsea until Matic is sold.

Monaco, too, are losing patience over Chelsea’s proposed £35m move for midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko which has stalled as they try to complete the sale of Nemanja Matic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4672802/Chelsea-boss-Antonio-Conte-s-grand-plan-torn-apart.html

The state of our board................ :face_palm:

17 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Apparently, Monaco getting frustrated with the deal as it's being held up by Chelsea until Matic is sold.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4672802/Chelsea-boss-Antonio-Conte-s-grand-plan-torn-apart.html

OR, the state of Daily Mail "journalism" - and that of all the rest of the media...................and gullible fans..........and lack of patience......................:face_palm:::MooNeY::

Just now, yorkleyblue said:

OR, the state of Daily Mail "journalism" - and that of all the rest of the media...................and gullible fans..........and lack of patience......................:face_palm:::MooNeY::

What exactly, in your opinion, is the reason Bakayoko (and Rudiger) hasn't been confirmed? Are we waiting for another kit launch? There's actually no one else competing for his signature except us. So what's the reason? It's a month to preseason and we've only signed Big Willy. Don't act like fans are being impatient with the same board that f**ked up in the summer of 2010 AND the summer of 2015 after winning titles. They don't seem to have learnt. If you have some great new insight on this, I'd love to hear it.

19 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

They don't seem to have learnt. If you have some great new insight on this, I'd love to hear it.

And you base this on the fact that we only have confirmed 1 signing in the first week of the transfer window? If the club keeps up the rate of 1 signing pr week then we will have signed like 8 new players at the end of the window. And thats not counting the youth signings of course. People need to calm down. It's been one week, not one month.

Why we haven't confirmed Bakayoko or Rüdiger you ask. Maybe because the deals aren't finalized yet? Just because media claim that they are doesn't mean that the media is correct. I mean, if anything this Lukaku-saga proves that the media more often than not is trying to make qualified guesses.

Bakayoko could be a bit complicated, he may not want to come if we keep matic, club may not want to buy if we keep matic, matic to Utd was all but done apparently but we won't sell to Utd if they get Lukaku..potentially a merry-go-round transfer 

13 minutes ago, Norwegian Dude said:

And you base this on the fact that we only have confirmed 1 signing in the first week of the transfer window? If the club keeps up the rate of 1 signing pr week then we will have signed like 8 new players at the end of the window. And thats not counting the youth signings of course. People need to calm down. It's been one week, not one month.

Why we haven't confirmed Bakayoko or Rüdiger you ask. Maybe because the deals aren't finalized yet? Just because media claim that they are doesn't mean that the media is correct. I mean, if anything this Lukaku-saga proves that the media more often than not is trying to make qualified guesses.

This is a tired point of view that was rehashed over and over 2 summers ago as well as last summer. In fact we've only had 2 good summer windows in the past 7 years (Cesc + Costa, Hazard) if I'm not mistaken.

"Oh there's still one month before the season starts" changes into "oh there's still a week left" and "the transfer window doesn't close until August 31st, there's still time". It's an old and tired point now.

Not to mention we're missing the opportunity of letting the new signings go on pre-season with the rest of the team and get used to our system in time for the start of the season so we can hit the ground running. But ah it's all just impatient fans, I guess.

58 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

This is a tired point of view that was rehashed over and over 2 summers ago as well as last summer. In fact we've only had 2 good summer windows in the past 7 years (Cesc + Costa, Hazard) if I'm not mistaken.

"Oh there's still one month before the season starts" changes into "oh there's still a week left" and "the transfer window doesn't close until August 31st, there's still time". It's an old and tired point now.

Not to mention we're missing the opportunity of letting the new signings go on pre-season with the rest of the team and get used to our system in time for the start of the season so we can hit the ground running. But ah it's all just impatient fans, I guess.

Absolutely bang on take a bow my friend couldn't of said it better my self.

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

What exactly, in your opinion, is the reason Bakayoko (and Rudiger) hasn't been confirmed? Are we waiting for another kit launch? There's actually no one else competing for his signature except us. So what's the reason? It's a month to preseason and we've only signed Big Willy. Don't act like fans are being impatient with the same board that f**ked up in the summer of 2010 AND the summer of 2015 after winning titles. They don't seem to have learnt. If you have some great new insight on this, I'd love to hear it.

I have no idea why the signings haven't been confirmed.  Neither do you.  Neither do the Daily Mail.  How do you know that "There's actually no one else competing for his signature except us."  Are you privy to all of the discussions across all teams and agents in World football?  No, of course you aren't, and neither am I or any of the press. We only have the press telling us that we are interested in either (Or in Lukaku) - no-one from the club has said so publicly, no official statement has been made from either club, or from the players concerned.

My point was that you were going off on the Board, based on a Daily Mail article saying that "Conte's Grand Plan has been TORN APART", with no quotes, no proof and no insight.  Just click-bait and bollocks.  That makes me wonder about your view of the board and it's dealings, based on nothing.  That's all.  You might have inside information direct from the club to back up the view expressed.  If you do, I apologise.  Otherwise, get a grip. :)

10 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I have no idea why the signings haven't been confirmed.  Neither do you.  Neither do the Daily Mail.  How do you know that "There's actually no one else competing for his signature except us."  Are you privy to all of the discussions across all teams and agents in World football?  No, of course you aren't, and neither am I or any of the press. We only have the press telling us that we are interested in either (Or in Lukaku) - no-one from the club has said so publicly, no official statement has been made from either club, or from the players concerned.

There's this thing called looking at information from very credible sources. Mohamed Boufasi who's by far the most reliable journo when it comes to transfers, especially those involving Ligue 1 and French players, confirmed that Bakayoko turned down Man United in favour of us. Di Marzio (who's a little less credible than Boufasi but still up there) and others like Matt Law of the Telegraph (who's more reliable than most on Chelsea info) also confirmed it. Maybe my glasses aren't so blue tinted and I don't bother to twist myself in a knot trying to make excuses for the board. As if the club would come out and say anything that doesn't paint them in a good light.

My point was that you were going off on the Board, based on a Daily Mail article saying that "Conte's Grand Plan has been TORN APART", with no quotes, no proof and no insight.  Just click-bait and bollocks.  That makes me wonder about your view of the board and it's dealings, based on nothing.  That's all.  You might have inside information direct from the club to back up the view expressed.  If you do, I apologise.  Otherwise, get a grip. :)

I quoted a particular part of that article for a reason. I don't care for anything else written there. But the Monaco bit has been reported by multiple outlets. Usually when that happens, there's truth to it. The club's activity in the market hasn't proven it wrong either. Getting complacent with the Lukaku deal and letting United swoop in was incredibly stupid as well. But I won't be surprised if you try to spin that one into a "oh he wasn't our first target anyway". You need to try to be objective sometimes. 

20 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

There's this thing called looking at information from very credible sources. Mohamed Boufasi who's by far the most reliable journo when it comes to transfers, especially those involving Ligue 1 and French players, confirmed that Bakayoko turned down Man United in favour of us. Di Marzio (who's a little less credible than Boufasi but still up there) and others like Matt Law of the Telegraph (who's more reliable than most on Chelsea info) also confirmed it. Maybe my glasses aren't so blue tinted and I don't bother to twist myself in a knot trying to make excuses for the board. As if the club would come out and say anything that doesn't paint them in a good light.

I quoted a particular part of that article for a reason. I don't care for anything else written there. But the Monaco bit has been reported by multiple outlets. Usually when that happens, there's truth to it. The club's activity in the market hasn't proven it wrong either. Getting complacent with the Lukaku deal and letting United swoop in was incredibly stupid as well. But I won't be surprised if you try to spin that one into a "oh he wasn't our first target anyway". You need to try to be objective sometimes. 

Regardless of how "credible" or otherwise any of these twitterers or journalists claim to be, the truth is that they actually KNOW nothing.  They might be making informed guesses, or attempting to get clicks through, or whatever.  

I think that I have a great deal of objectivity, particularly when it comes down to looking at the situation as it is, rather than how the press are depicting it.  You may well be right, and the club may well be f**king up royally wherever they try to negotiate.  That's not my point. 

My point is that slating the club or the board based solely on what particular story of the day that the press want to spin, either to make themselves look like they have a direct line to Roman. or to make the club look bad, or to generate click-throughs for their advertisers is small-minded and a bit gullible.  That's all.

2 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Regardless of how "credible" or otherwise any of these twitterers or journalists claim to be, the truth is that they actually KNOW nothing.  They might be making informed guesses, or attempting to get clicks through, or whatever.  

I think that I have a great deal of objectivity, particularly when it comes down to looking at the situation as it is, rather than how the press are depicting it.  You may well be right, and the club may well be f**king up royally wherever they try to negotiate.  That's not my point. 

My point is that slating the club or the board based solely on what particular story of the day that the press want to spin, either to make themselves look like they have a direct line to Roman. or to make the club look bad, or to generate click-throughs for their advertisers is small-minded and a bit gullible.  That's all.

They're not claiming to be credible. They're widely regarded as credible by fans (including myself) because of their track record of reporting over the past few years and how often they've been spot on. Since I've known of him, Boufasi has never gotten anything wrong. I first knew him when he was the first to break the Martial to United story and everyone thought he was talking out his arse until it happened a few days later and all other journos were playing catch up. Di Marzio is a little more hit and miss but majority of the time, he gets it right. And Matt Law is Matt Law. Pretty much a standard English journo but recent history has proven that he does have inside sources at Chelsea that feed him info. I couldn't care less about any other journo when it comes to our transfers.

I agree it's wrong to slate the board based on one story but it's not just one story, it's making the rounds this morning and much like some of the negative press we've gotten over the past 2 years (player mutiny, Jose firing, Costa bust up with Conte), if it's in almost every outlet, chances are that it's probably mostly true.

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

If that's true, then you would have to worry about our whole process here. It seems crazy to sell players before signing replacements. When you see how much we have already made from player sales, are we that strapped for cash that we are worrying about possibly not getting matic off the books 1st. 

Seems strange to me. Everton have managed to spend £90m on players before selling Lukaku or Barkley. 

Anybody claiming someone in twitter us a definite credible source needs to get a grip on reality, they write what they write to gain followers, the more followers the more people think they are credible, then they follow them. They all have the same scattergun approach, then when they get one right it's a massive coup, many delete old tweets that are wrong.