Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

We were wasteful in the first half and should've scored more. In the second we were crap up until the 80th minute. Felt like a late equalizer was about to happen...

I somehow thought Everton had gotten some good players and perhaps might end up 5th or 6th, but with the way they're playing it doesn't feel that way. In all fairness they haven't really had the easist games. The first one was easy, then it's been Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs

1 hour ago, Drogbaholic said:

I see the media are already crowning the two Manchester clubs as potential champions and writing everyone off. city haven't won the league in 3 yrs and Utd haven't even challenged in 4yrs but let's write of the team that's won 2 titles in 3 yrs and 3 points off top after 5 games.

I remember them doing the same last year after a similar number of games

1 hour ago, Drogbaholic said:

I see the media are already crowning the two Manchester clubs as potential champions and writing everyone off. city haven't won the league in 3 yrs and Utd haven't even challenged in 4yrs but let's write of the team that's won 2 titles in 3 yrs and 3 points off top after 5 games.

To be fair they are the teams doing the talking on the pitch at the moment, 1/8th of the season.

40 minutes ago, coco said:

To be fair they are the teams doing the talking on the pitch at the moment, 1/8th of the season.

Have agree with you both teams look better and stronger than last season. Man U now winning the games they were drawing last season and Man City defending better with Kompany fit and better fullbacks.

3 hours ago, Drogbaholic said:

Let's be fair though, the quality they both have they're definitely favourites. But I see no reason at all to write us off. 

58 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Let's be fair though, the quality they both have they're definitely favourites. But I see no reason at all to write us off. 

City has had the same start for last 2 seasons winning their first 10 games and eventually winning nothing. This season might be different but it's not like we haven't seen this start from them before whilst Utd haven't even played a single decent team.

Anyway f**k it, let them take all the pressure; its actually better for us that way. 

On 9/17/2017 at 15:14, Bogga said:

We were wasteful in the first half and should've scored more. In the second we were crap up until the 80th minute. Felt like a late equalizer was about to happen...

I somehow thought Everton had gotten some good players and perhaps might end up 5th or 6th, but with the way they're playing it doesn't feel that way. In all fairness they haven't really had the easist games. The first one was easy, then it's been Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs

Everton did not do much with the money they got from Lukaku sales ! Even Gylfi looks like a Torres buy ( OK Exaggeration on my part !!! ) All said and done - great win for United - Last year these were the games that United drew.

2 minutes ago, brownindian said:

Everton did not do much with the money they got from Lukaku sales ! Even Gylfi looks like a Torres buy ( OK Exaggeration on my part !!! ) All said and done - great win for United - Last year these were the games that United drew.

Torres won two European trophies and a league cup with us.

I'd be amazed if Sigurdson finished higher than seventh in the league.

1 minute ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Torres won two European trophies and a league cup with us.

I'd be amazed if Sigurdson finished higher than seventh in the league.

I meant that for the money we splashed on Torres, we wanted his Liverpool goal scoring streak to continue at the Bridge, sadly it did not. Gylfi seems to be a similar case under Koeman.

1 hour ago, brownindian said:

I meant that for the money we splashed on Torres, we wanted his Liverpool goal scoring streak to continue at the Bridge, sadly it did not. Gylfi seems to be a similar case under Koeman.

For sure.

Sigurdson always looked quality, but he never struck me as a dominating team sort of player. Forever the underdog who drags a poor team to victory. Not exactly the main man in a push for CL footy.