Jump to content

Callum Hudson-Odoi


enigma
 Share

Recommended Posts

If I were CHO, I will ship my back and fly to Dortmund straight away. 

Bundesliga is a dream place to play for an attacker. Plus you play in offensive system with Dortmund that will increase your production even more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hate to see good players sitting round doing nothing. So fully admire Willian, yes he's made good money, leaving a lot on the table to go play at Corinthins. You are a long time retired or to put it another way you have about 10 years to make your livelihood as an attacker at a top half premier league team unless you are Ronaldo or Messi. So if there is something around that Chelsea would accept he should take it. Thought he did great as LWB in one pre season game but was very average at RWB the next one. Hard to play so many different positions and young players are often inconsistent. Its a long way to the top when you want to rock and roll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

E-HBPlxXoAQz3Vk?format=jpg&name=medium

Can't see why would Tuchel give up on him so fast. Sure the current system isn't suited for a pure attacking winger but cmon...

My best bet would be that TT doesn't like his attitude / isn't satisfied with it. He wouldn't openly communicate that but imho you can read it between the lines (if one want to) and the fact of subbing him out after subbing him in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Supposedly Hudson-Odoi will only be allowed to leave if we bring in Kounde.

Daft attitude imo. Keeping a player you don't rate and is your last choice in all positions he can play. Let him go, play and hopefully develop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, weetee said:

My best bet would be that TT doesn't like his attitude / isn't satisfied with it. He wouldn't openly communicate that but imho you can read it between the lines (if one want to) and the fact of subbing him out after subbing him in.

That isn’t it though, just too rigid with the system. Pulisic is slowly losing out on minutes also, and won’t be surprised if he demands a move at the end of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ducavis said:

That isn’t it though, just too rigid with the system. Pulisic is slowly losing out on minutes also, and won’t be surprised if he demands a move at the end of the season.

Too early a call about Pulisc imho - he wasn't in best shape last season but he still offers a certain goal threat and a unique style. But since we have a lot of players for only three starting positions there certainly can be some sore players. Especially if Ziyech comes back with his pre-season form.

Our rigid system is imho one of the main reasons of the latest success so I'd be careful what to wish for. But regardless Pulisic's case my point stands that CHO eventually has an attitude problem instead of being ignored just because. Just my guess of course!

 

Edited by weetee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Deino said:

Tuchel doesn't use him as much anyway

This is true in the premiership as first choice but there are many more matches to consider like League Cup (whatever it’s called now) and if we secure ourselves in CL group stages early. 
If EPL matches are wrapped up early he can rest other players. Can’t just play a small group of players through everything. 
If we have a good season he could be involved 20/30 matches. 
Just don’t think he can go without someone coming in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, goose said:

This is true in the premiership as first choice but there are many more matches to consider like League Cup (whatever it’s called now) and if we secure ourselves in CL group stages early. 
If EPL matches are wrapped up early he can rest other players. Can’t just play a small group of players through everything. 
If we have a good season he could be involved 20/30 matches. 
Just don’t think he can go without someone coming in.

That's true in theory. It ultimately depends on the manager but from last season's showing,  CHO barely started for us. 

Now the thing is it goes both ways, CHO also needs to outperform the guys ahead of him in training and in games too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, charierre said:

We require 8

No sir. We require

4 home grown.... That new keeper we bought.  Chilwell, Loftus cheek and Ampadu

4 academy trained... christensen , james , Mount , Chalobah

Which adds up to the eight you were talking about

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

No sir. We require

4 home grown.... That new keeper we bought.  Chilwell, Loftus cheek and Ampadu

4 academy trained... christensen , james , Mount , Chalobah

Which adds up to the eight you were talking about

Years of playing fm does clarify this 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites


17 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

No sir. We require

4 home grown.... That new keeper we bought.  Chilwell, Loftus cheek and Ampadu

4 academy trained... christensen , james , Mount , Chalobah

Which adds up to the eight you were talking about

we have though reduced the quality or would if CHO left. The original comment was made with RLC and Ampadu ( who I don't think is Chelsea quality) looking for loans

Edited by charierre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, charierre said:

we have though reduced the quality or would if CHO left. I really dont see Ampadu getting much game time here and would let him go

I agree that Ampadu might not get game time here but the same goes for CHO. He needs game time and not time on the bench or he will end up like Loftus cheek

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I agree that Ampadu might not get game time here but the same goes for CHO. He needs game time and not time on the bench or he will end up like Loftus cheek

It should be remembered that CHO is only 20 and will improve training and playing alongside quality players. I agree a loan would do him good but in reality that should have happened 2 years ago. When I made the original comment it was with  a permanent move away on offering. We now though are arguably coming out of this window with a slightly weaker squad than we went into it, yes Lukaku has been added but we have also lost a little depth, CHO will get more game time here this year if we have no more additions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, charierre said:

It should be remembered that CHO is only 20 and will improve training and playing alongside quality players. I agree a loan would do him good but in reality that should have happened 2 years ago. When I made the original comment it was with  a permanent move away on offering. We now though are arguably coming out of this window with a slightly weaker squad than we went into it, yes Lukaku has been added but we have also lost a little depth, CHO will get more game time here this year if we have no more additions.


I think we could do without CHO for a year, but he would gain a lot by going someplace that starts him regularly.  I think it's a mistake not to loan him out.  

If he can play RWB we're going to need someone who can rotate with Reece James at that spot.  Currently Azpi is doing that.  But Azpi is 32 now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, charierre said:

It should be remembered that CHO is only 20 and will improve training and playing alongside quality players. I agree a loan would do him good but in reality that should have happened 2 years ago. When I made the original comment it was with  a permanent move away on offering. We now though are arguably coming out of this window with a slightly weaker squad than we went into it, yes Lukaku has been added but we have also lost a little depth, CHO will get more game time here this year if we have no more additions.

Lets wait till midnight to pass judgement on our transfer window

Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 hours ago, charierre said:

It should be remembered that CHO is only 20 and will improve training and playing alongside quality players. I agree a loan would do him good but in reality that should have happened 2 years ago. When I made the original comment it was with  a permanent move away on offering. We now though are arguably coming out of this window with a slightly weaker squad than we went into it, yes Lukaku has been added but we have also lost a little depth, CHO will get more game time here this year if we have no more additions.

Honestly, CHO need to go. He should have easily beaten Azpi for wb spot, but azpi outplayed him. He is right now our 3rd rwb. Being outplayed by azpi as wb especially is a big2 problem since Azpi is not a wb at all. 

It is better for CHO to go to Bundesliga, get better, get more playing time and get more recognition and then get back here as a more established player. 

Edited by Bob stark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Honestly, CHO need to go. He should have easily beaten Azpi for wb spot, but azpi outplayed him. He is right now our 3rd rwb. Being outplayed by azpi as wb especially is a big2 problem since Azpi is not a wb at all. 

It is better for CHO to go to Bundesliga, get better, get more playing time and get more recognition and then get back here as a more established player. 

How is that possible though? Someone has posted the amount of mins he has played since Tuchel took over, sample size is way too small to make an impact. I would argue it’s easier for a FB to transform into a WB, than it’s for a winger. 

Come the end of the season we would have wasted 3yrs of development, because we don’t know how to develop him. We will need to sell him at the end of the season for peanuts as I don’t see a scenario where he signs an extension. Won’t be surprised if Bayern uses a smaller Bundesliga team to buy him at under £15m and sell him back to them after a season like they did with Gnabry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!