Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma

On 26/09/2021 at 03:47, axman2526 said:

If Reece is out for a couple of months CHO should get some chances, or maybe Trev will get a shot there.

The more CHO plays there the less he looks suited to playing as a wing back. 

He's either got to play in the front three or not at all for me. 

It's alright if you play him there in a cup game against minnows because we'll likely dominate possession so he more or less gets to play as a right winger anyway. But play him against any half decent opposition and he gets found wanting there. 

He comes alive around the 18 yard area so putting his starting position 60 yards away from there just nulifiies his biggest strength. 

8 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It's alright if you play him there in a cup game against minnows because we'll likely dominate possession so he more or less gets to play as a right winger anyway. But play him against any half decent opposition and he gets found wanting there. 

He comes alive around the 18 yard area so putting his starting position 60 yards away from there just nulifiies his biggest strength. 

I would be happy to see him get chances on the left of attack tonight and against Saints. Give him 2 games to stake a claim.

8 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

One of the few reasons why I would like Tuchel to change to a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation. I'm not a fan of making wingers like CHO and Pulisic into wing-backs at all, their talent is wasted there and then when it doesn't work we would need to sell them and suddenly they will show that they are good wingers in another team...

59 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

He's certainly no Victor Moses ... 🙂

And the fact that any old winger cannot be easily converted into a wingback just goes to show how brilliant Conte was at coaching Moses. 

He turned an average winger into the league's best right wing back (if only for a year) and I don't think anyone saw that coming from a million miles away. 

46 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

One of the few reasons why I would like Tuchel to change to a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation. I'm not a fan of making wingers like CHO and Pulisic into wing-backs at all, their talent is wasted there and then when it doesn't work we would need to sell them and suddenly they will show that they are good wingers in another team...

I feel the opposite, pretty much every single elite attacking fullback start as failed wingers. For example would you say Dani Alves was wasted?

Just now, Argo said:

I feel the opposite, pretty much every single elite attacking fullback start as failed wingers. For example would you say Dani Alves was wasted?

I don't think someone would be able to objectively claim that a 20 year old CHO is a failed winger. Pulisic is a good winger, his problem is that he is injury prone so he's also not a fail winger, far from it, when he is in good shape he is really good. So far none of them managed to do well as a wing-back, we even bought Chilwell to be our first choice LB and we're not getting the best out of him either in this current system. Time to say goodbye to the Conte's system, players like Alonso and Rudiger are currently doing good but many more are not even giving 50% of their real abilities and we're not really creating enough chances.

On 23/09/2021 at 12:30, Sexyfootball said:

Never mind wing back, the thing that concerns me is that he seems so far down the pecking order in his "preferred position" on the left.

Right now, we'd probably see more attacking threat from Charly bloody Musonda LOL

CHO played in the 2017 England-U17 world cup winning team, and I think he was a better player then than he is now. He simply hasn't developed any side of his game, particularly mentally ... in 4 years !!!

When he broke into our academy side and played for England U17, he looked a stand-out, along with Foden. Most teams would now love Foden in their squad but couldn't see too many takers for CHO now. He looks a shadow of the talented youngster we once had and we must be kicking ourselves for not taking Munich's offer.

Edited by Nibs

7 minutes ago, Nibs said:

When he broke into our academy side and played for England U17, he looked a stand-out, along with Foden. Most teams would now love Foden in their squad but couldn't see too many takers for CHO now. He looks a shadow of the talented youngster we once had and we must be kicking ourselves for not taking Munich's offer.

At least Foden gets all the freedom he wants under Pep.

Tuchel was screaming at CHO from the moment he gave him chance to be a wing-back which isn't even his primary position so there you have a good example of 2 different ways to treat your young talents.

18 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

At least Foden gets all the freedom he wants under Pep.

Tuchel was screaming at CHO from the moment he gave him chance to be a wing-back which isn't even his primary position so there you have a good example of 2 different ways to treat your young talents.

I accept that. But CHO has flattered to deceive for some time now. Foden has looked quality and broken into full England squad. CHO is a million miles away from that because to be honest he has shown nothing - wherever he has played.

Constantly being played out of position, I don't really think its fair to criticize him. Was always a left winger, cutting inside, shooting, or picking passes. Now he occasionally gets a run out at right wing back. I think he should be afforded the same opportunities as Ziyech. If he plays crap having started 5 out 7 games in his favoured position, then i think it would be fair to question him. 

2 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

I was excited when i seen him on coming on and Ziyech was coming off only to realise he was playing at RWB again, what a waste. At least this guy TRIES to dribble past a player. He is too restricted when he plays on the right.

At least when he plays at RWB he actually offers something going forward. It may not be his natural position, but unless Tuchel changes to 4-4-2 or something we won't have natural wingers any time soon. So this might be his best chance of a game for now.

Much like when RLC came on against City he showed more in his short time on the pitch than those who regularly get lots of chances and lots of minutes but keep coming up short. 

Fully expect him to be an unused sub against Southampton whilst Havertz and Ziyech spend 90 minutes passing to the wingbacks.

He showed a willingness and desire to beat his man and deliver crosses into the box something that Dave, Havertz, Alonso and Ziyech failed to do today. 

At least was was trying to impact the game. 

Deserves to start the next game in attack in my opinion.