Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't this meant to be sealed over a week ago. I wonder if there are reservations from both sides. Fulham have signed Adama Traore now and have a few wingers. Does CHO get in their best team? Also wages defo likely to be issue if there is a hold up. Would not be surprised to see him end up at Palace with how things are looking. Zaha gone, Olise injured and likely on his way out. They also play 4-3-3, so opportunites for him to play there.

3 hours ago, STATS said:

Wasn't this meant to be sealed over a week ago. I wonder if there are reservations from both sides. Fulham have signed Adama Traore now and have a few wingers. Does CHO get in their best team? Also wages defo likely to be issue if there is a hold up. Would not be surprised to see him end up at Palace with how things are looking. Zaha gone, Olise injured and likely on his way out. They also play 4-3-3, so opportunites for him to play there.

I reckon he'll end up in Saudi Arabia.

21 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I reckon he'll end up in Saudi Arabia.

I don't think he will. I think he already has made clear that he doesn't want to move there, this stage of his career. Think he definitely stays in England or goes another team in Europe.

3 hours ago, STATS said:

I don't think he will. I think he already has made clear that he doesn't want to move there, this stage of his career. Think he definitely stays in England or goes another team in Europe.

Send him to milan LOL maybe lazio? 

I think he may well go to Palace and wouldn't surprise me if he ends up going on loan. Could be used to smooth things over regarding the Olise transfer with us still helping with some of the cost of the wages.

If we can't sell these remaining guys then i can see cut price deals or loans just reduce the overall cost.

On 17/08/2023 at 10:39, Conte said:

Send him to milan LOL maybe lazio? 

It looked like Lazio were closing in on him a few weeks ago but that collapsed. I think it would be good move for him, especially playing under Sarri. Fulham also are looking to sign Demarai Gray, so not sure where this move is going. 

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd absolutely keep him as depth if we don't sign anyone. He's a creative winger different from anything we have. 

You have said it tells a story that no one has come in with a bid for Felix, even with the money that Atletico want and his wages. But it's even more telling in CHO's case without the stumbling block of a big fee or big wages.

CHO has consistently flattered to deceive and he has had plenty of chances here and on loan. Personally I also have questions about his attitude. Doesn't seem to have any aggression at all about him and is so laid back on the pitch he is practically horizontal. Maybe when you have the ability and skillset of a prime Eden Hazard you can get away with that. CHO doesn't.

He needs to leave for his own benefit and Chelsea's.

8 minutes ago, Richard P said:

Was it 70 million we turned down from Bayern?

Chelsea have rejected a loan bid for Callum Hudson-Odoi from Bayern Munich.

The Champions League winners have offered to take the 19-year-old on loan for the rest of this season with an option to buy for £70m next summer.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12089273/callum-hudson-odoi-chelsea-reject-bayernBayern's interest in the highly-rated winger is longstanding. They made Hudson-Odoi a key target during the January transfer window last year when they offered Chelsea £30m for his services, and they saw a fourth bid worth around £22.5m rejected in summer 2019.-munich-bid

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

1 hour ago, just said:

You have said it tells a story that no one has come in with a bid for Felix, even with the money that Atletico want and his wages. But it's even more telling in CHO's case without the stumbling block of a big fee or big wages.

CHO has consistently flattered to deceive and he has had plenty of chances here and on loan. Personally I also have questions about his attitude. Doesn't seem to have any aggression at all about him and is so laid back on the pitch he is practically horizontal. Maybe when you have the ability and skillset of a prime Eden Hazard you can get away with that. CHO doesn't.

But there's one crucial difference, Felix here permanently would likely mean we have to break our transfer record and put him on unshiftable wages, if hypothetically CHO comes back into the squad this season and flops he leaves next summer without a second thought.

That being said even I can accept it's over with him at this point, but I'll die on the hill that both Lampard and Tuchel mismanaged him, any time he was building any sort of form or momentum they dropped him out of the blue, and if that wasn't bad enough it was usually for one or Pulisic or Ziyech.

1 hour ago, just said:

Difference being is CHO is already at Chelsea and saves us having to spend £30m+ on a backup for Madueke/Mudryk/Sterling and we can assess how Angelo does on loan at strasbourg this season. 

We don't own Felix and he'd cost an astronomical transfer fee and wages for little to no return.