Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

55 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Can't agree with that, just look at the stats, CHO has never produced close to Pulisic's goals/assists here in the PL. 

Pulisic was good all season in his first season here, he had a few injuries that kept him out of the side, he still scored a hattrick against Burnley and had numerous other good games in the season before the restart. We probably would've won the F.A Cup had not gone down with an injury. 

After that season I agree, Pulisic just had the odd good game against Real Madrid and Palace and most crap, but first season he was definitely very good and a top prospect. CHO has never had a game like Pulisic had against Liverpool that season, the guy genuinely looked like he could've been a good replacement for Hazard in the future, unfortunately, it all fell apart. 

It's funny you mention that Liverpool game because Pulisic's goal came from Callum finding him while the ball was bouncing and he was in full flight. I don't really agree Pulisic was great before the restart, that game at Burnley and Watford a week later was good but otherwise I wasn't really convinced atall.

Ofcourse Pulisic beats him finishing wise but regardless of what assist stat says Callum beat/beaten him all ends up creativity wise, he was always at the top echelons when it came to creative metrics.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

It's funny you mention that Liverpool game because Pulisic's goal came from Callum finding him while the ball was bouncing and he was in full flight. I don't really agree Pulisic was great before the restart, that game at Burnley and Watford a week later was good but otherwise I wasn't really convinced atall.

Ofcourse Pulisic beats him finishing wise but regardless of what assist stat says Callum beat/beaten him all ends up creativity wise, he was always at the top echelons when it came to creative metrics.

I thought he was good that season personally. And yes, the same game where Pulisic skinned about 3-4 Liverpool players and assisted Abraham, then scored a good goal where he still had plenty to do.

I've never seen one good season from CHO besides maybe Sarri? But he mostly played in the Europa League against sh*te sides. I just don't understand the hype, he's never going to be an elite player and he's rarely shown it. I think sometimes we fall into the trap of overrating academy players. 

1 minute ago, Victor90 said:

I thought he was good that season personally. And yes, the same game where Pulisic skinned about 3-4 Liverpool players and assisted Abraham, then scored a good goal where he still had plenty to do.

I've never seen one good season from CHO besides maybe Sarri? But he mostly played in the Europa League against sh*te sides. I just don't understand the hype, he's never going to be an elite player and he's rarely shown it. I think sometimes we fall into the trap of overrating academy players. 

I can't say I'm particularly guilty of that, I got a lot of stick for insisting RLC wouldn't amount to much or saying Chalobah was a squad player at best even when he was flavour of the month.

Maybe I clung on for longer with Callum due to how good I felt he could have been but for me he was showing signs right up until the end, certainly enough to be playing ahead of the competition. The last league game he played for us he ran half the length of the pitch to set up Ziyech for that goal vs Spurs.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

I can't say I'm particularly guilty of that, I got a lot of stick for insisting RLC wouldn't amount to much or saying Chalobah was a squad player at best even when he was flavour of the month.

Maybe I clung on for longer with Callum due to how good I felt he could have been but for me he was showing signs right up until the end, certainly enough to be playing ahead of the competition. The last league game he played for us he ran half the length of the pitch to set up Ziyech for that goal vs Spurs.

Perhaps not then.

Maybe just agree to disagree. Personally, I would take a prime Pulisic over a prime CHO any day of the week. 

Ultimately, it's just a crying shame neither of them have or will ever reach their potential. 

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, just said:

Him, and his brother especially, wanted this loan so massive backfire on them. 

He really needs to work his socks off to not end up like Delli Alli. His next move must be spot on.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

Not for the first time I completely forgot he's still on our books. It's not going to happen for him, is it?

14 games in the Bundesliga, 1 assist.- Mostly frozen out of the team for the second part of the season, which, to make it even worse, was when Leverkusen was pretty decent. The games he started in Leverkusen was in crisis. Of course not just because of CHO, but still. It makes you wonder if any PL side even would want him unless it`s basically for free or on another loan.

Edited by reparto corse

3 hours ago, reparto corse said:

Too late too get any decent transfer fee for him now.

And his wages are too high as well. Honestly might as well just keep him around till his contract ends, maybe Pochettino can work a miracle on him like he did Dier at other english lads at Spurs. 

3 hours ago, Remodez said:

And his wages are too high as well. Honestly might as well just keep him around till his contract ends, maybe Pochettino can work a miracle on him like he did Dier at other english lads at Spurs. 

Pochettino worked a miracle on Dier? Really? Have you watched much of Dire Dier?

• 4 weeks later...

Currently being linked to 2 Saudi teams. Wouldn’t fault him if he jumps at the deal despite being young, football players have short careers and for someone like him who has struggled with injuries he might not get the opportunity again.

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

4 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Currently being linked to 2 Saudi teams. Wouldn’t fault him if he jumps at the deal despite being young, football players have short careers and for someone like him who has struggled with injuries he might not get the opportunity again.

I wouldn't fault him either because the harsh reality is he is a bit sh*t. No way in hell he cuts it playing for any team in the top flight of English football. I doubt he'd even shine in the Scottish league.

35 minutes ago, loz said:

I wouldn't fault him either because the harsh reality is he is a bit sh*t. No way in hell he cuts it playing for any team in the top flight of English football. I doubt he'd even shine in the Scottish league.

At the age of 22 you want him to go and play in a 3rd rate league? somebody who won the champions league 2 yrs ago? thats vey wicked. no better what problems he has now he is still young enough to ressurect his career.

50 minutes ago, Edjmendy said:

At the age of 22 you want him to go and play in a 3rd rate league? somebody who won the champions league 2 yrs ago? thats vey wicked. no better what problems he has now he is still young enough to ressurect his career.

He isn't good enough for 1st or 2nd rate league.  Not consistently anyway....

1 hour ago, Edjmendy said:

To be honest if CHO got an offer from either of the ugly sisters up here he would be mad to turn it down.

It’s the perfect place for him to resurrect his career. Likely Champions league football and a far easier league for a season or two could be what he needs. They almost speak English too. One good season and and an EPL club will be back in for him.

6 hours ago, Edjmendy said:

I can genuinely see it happening . He isn't a top flight footballer and also doesn't have the character or commitment to battle it out for a championship club. Go to Saudi, coast and earn an absolute bucket of cash