Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

As it currently stands I would keep Barkley playing with Gilmour and Mount as the midfield three, I think they deserve to continue together due to their form in the last two games. 

Prior to that Kovacic would have been my choice over Barkley, but as it stands both him and Jorginho will have to wait until the performance drops for the three above.

Edited by Malcolm9

Reading back a few pages, one player is absent from the argument, when he should be right in the middle of it. Before the season started he was said to be our only World class player at the club. But this season he has looked anything close to World class. 

He's the only midfielder to be on the pitch for all 9 of our league defeats.

And even more telling, the 11 league games he's missed, we have won 9, drew 2, lost zero.

Their are mitigating reasons for this, injuries being the main one, not fitting into Franks system is another, although the later would only have a minimal affect.

8 minutes ago, coco said:

Reading back a few pages, one player is absent from the argument, when he should be right in the middle of it. Before the season started he was said to be our only World class player at the club. But this season he has looked anything close to World class. 

And even more telling, the 11 league games he's missed, we have won 9, drew 2, lost zero.

Their are mitigating reasons for this, injuries being the main one, not fitting into Franks system is another, although the later would only have a minimal affect.

But what colour pants was he wearing?

30 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I clearly stated that they have similar end product and proved it with irrefutable evidence. Now you keep talking about something that I don't care about the slightest, is it so hard to accept you're wrong? Poor little boy, this is nothing compared to the real world that is ahead of you! 

Ask Lampard about your little questions, as a matter of fact, ask him the same question but about Jorginho instead, he has been playing as a key player for 2 seasons now under 2 different managers, Lampard made him Vice-Captain:

‘I was excited to work with him, and from day one in pre-season, we had a possession game, it was clear his ability on the ball.

‘What’s become even clearer since then, his attitude and what he does with the group, he’s driven. That’s why I’ve made him vice-captain. He’s one of those infectious players, he cajoles players on the pitch, before the game. I’ve loved to see the fans’ reaction to him.

‘One thing a fan will always do – and I’m a fan – is that when you see someone giving everything, passion, drive, they will always react to that. You’ve seen that with Jorginho.’

...and Man City was about to sign him as well, crazy how all of those things actually happened to Jorginho...and yet you see him as a useful squad player only that lacks several key elements of the game :laugh2:

I can use all of your silly points against you since you show serious signs of double standards!

I mean, you've completely avoided all three questions and gone off on your own tangent again, its like you don't have an attention span. 

Why have you brought Jorginho up when we're talking about Barkley and Kovacic?

If you want to get into Lampard's quotes, more recently infact have a read of the following after the Munich game:

'I thought there were a couple of performances in our team, namely Kovacic, who played with a personality and a quality that makes you go, "okay, he can play in pretty much any team with that level."

22 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Right, good point, I got carried away there but in my context I'm simply showing that their end product is very similar. Tell me that you disagree because I had the audacity to compare the fan favourite to Barkley and I will understand, it's basically like you have a gun pointed at you, you'll lose many friends if you go against the current of the cult. 

Nothing to do with cults or otherwise, it's just very sloppy debating to make quite a big, bold use of statistics that were effectively meaningless.  I've already expressed my view about Barkley, he doesn't have a natural footballing brain but has stepped up recently.  To be honest, I have lost track over whether you are arguing for or against one, some or more of Barkley, Kovacic or Jorginho, so I'm not getting in the middle of that, but nebulous comparisons don't help your case, whichever way you are going.

16 minutes ago, coco said:

Well I did defend Kante in the past but when he's not even playing it's hard to come up with something...I started from thinking that it's not acceptable to sell Kante to the point where I'm fine with both Kante and Jorginho being sold.

I think it's fair to say that whoever goes, it will be for the best for Lampard.

Edited by Gol15

54 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I mean, you've completely avoided all three questions and gone off on your own tangent again, its like you don't have an attention span. 

Why have you brought Jorginho up when we're talking about Barkley and Kovacic?

If you want to get into Lampard's quotes, more recently infact have a read of the following after the Munich game:

'I thought there were a couple of performances in our team, namely Kovacic, who played with a personality and a quality that makes you go, "okay, he can play in pretty much any team with that level."

You avoided the fact that their end product is similar, so your questions are irrelevant and like I pointed out, I could have asked you the same sh*t but about a different player and suddenly that wouldn't matter to you since your opinion never changes, this is how your little gang is, whatever doesn't suit you you ignore it, double standards at its finest.

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

You avoided the fact that their end product is similar, so your questions are irrelevant and like I pointed out, I could have asked you the same sh*t but about a different player and suddenly that wouldn't matter to you since your opinion never changes, this is how your little gang is, whatever doesn't suit you you ignore it, double standards at its finest.

you're changing your stance again, your argument was that Barkley had end product and Kovacic didn't, but now they're similar?? 

My little gang? Not sure who that is but i'm a lone wolf on this forum. 

29 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

you're changing your stance again, your argument was that Barkley had end product and Kovacic didn't, but now they're similar?? 

You say "wolf"......................................

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Kovacic has a < 50% win rate record in the league, Barkley's win rate in the league is > 50%.

LOL! Once again, why is it when I was showing you our win rate with Kante (which wasn't my only point, I understand stats are misleading) you completely ignored it, now you're using it to compare with Barkley when it suits your narrative. Completely selective when it comes to stats aren't you, objective my ass. 

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Stop being dishonest, I don't believe in any word you say anymore, accept that you were a bit off when you thought that Barkley wouldn't have very similar stats and move on...It can't be that hard if I could change my opinion when I was presented with facts so can you!

Well, I could try being more honest but then I'd have to be rude.

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Accept that you're unfair towards Jorginho because by your own given standards you should respect him at least equally as you respect Kovacic :laugh2:

On 09/03/2020 at 14:20, Gol15 said:

@Vagabond Barkley has basically the same stats as Kovacic, but he looks more dangerous with the ball in the final third, and that's with less than half of the minutes played. Glimour with 2 games looks just as good as Jorginho but he's a whole decade younger. I simply said, sell both. A few got mad only because Kovacic is one of them, he's the untouchable, I can't imagine how they would talk about him had he scored like Barkley did against Liverpool, but since it's Barkley he "will come back to his usual self" :laugh2:

On 09/03/2020 at 12:34, RIP Mourinho said:

Kovacic has similar end product to Modric the same year Modric won ballon d'or. 

But sure, lets sell him for a player that has had no more than 10 good games for Chelsea in the two years he's been here.

Kovacic = Modric according to you, with 1 goal in the league, amazing spinoff master RIP

6 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Their stats are very similar, had Barkley played more he would have even better numbers mind you he hasn't even played half of the time and he put up almost the same numbers, you can't prove that he isn't a bigger goal threat than Kovacic that doesn't dare to take a shot he only runs with the ball far away from the opposition's final third. Now invent more stuff !

6 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Still exactly the same as Kovacic, which is my point. Similar end product, proven. Now deflect more!

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I clearly stated that they have similar end product and proved it with irrefutable evidence. Now you keep talking about something that I don't care about the slightest, is it so hard to accept you're wrong? Poor little boy, this is nothing compared to the real world that is ahead of you! 

Ask Lampard about your little questions, as a matter of fact, ask him the same question but about Jorginho instead, he has been playing as a key player for 2 seasons now under 2 different managers, Lampard made him Vice-Captain:

‘I was excited to work with him, and from day one in pre-season, we had a possession game, it was clear his ability on the ball.

‘What’s become even clearer since then, his attitude and what he does with the group, he’s driven. That’s why I’ve made him vice-captain. He’s one of those infectious players, he cajoles players on the pitch, before the game. I’ve loved to see the fans’ reaction to him.

‘One thing a fan will always do – and I’m a fan – is that when you see someone giving everything, passion, drive, they will always react to that. You’ve seen that with Jorginho.’

...and Man City was about to sign him as well, crazy how all of those things actually happened to Jorginho...and yet you see him as a useful squad player only that lacks several key elements of the game :laugh2:

I can use all of your silly points against you since you show serious signs of double standards!

Similar end product. Fact. Run!

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

None of this matters. They’ll all be in their way at the end of the season and the dream pairing of Bakayoko and Drinkwater will take over. 

@Valerie probably knows this one...

I've completely lost all understanding of this thread. That's probably a good thing :rolleyes:

Any sightings of Jorginho's mum recently?

14 hours ago, coco said:

That's what i like to see, people sorting out their sh*t, followed by group hugs, 2 metre hugs no kissing, and sing happy birthday twice after.

Apparently, the opening verse to the Ode to Joy, the EU anthem, is perfect to wash your hands to.

"Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt*;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder*
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt."

1 minute ago, yorkleyblue said:

Apparently, the opening verse to the Ode to Joy, the EU anthem, is perfect to wash your hands to.

"Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt*;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder*
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt."

It might clean your hands, but you'll spit a million droplets trying to sing it.

• 1 month later...

I have no problem with that. Jorginho would make a good captain. A notch down with his volatility and he is a good leader. Especially against Bayern he showed his weakness taking a stupid yellow. Minutes after that we imploded.

Anyway he has great passion and he is a natural leader. At least a deputant to Dave.