Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

35 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

His constant picking p of yellow cards is ridiculous, needs to work on that if he's gonna be a success. 

Or someone has to take a yellow for the team from time to time.  There was a lot of whining in the Arsenal match that Emerson couldn't take a tactical yellow for their first goal because he was already booked.

Sometimes, it adds up.  And you have to be honest, for a lot of posters in here, Jorginho being banned for a couple of games is a good thing, like when tossers cheers when their scapegoat player of choice gets injured or whatever.

He loves a clinical foul or two. Honestly we need it otherwise they’d probably score.

You need a player like that in your team, Fernandinho takes bookings for the team week in week out. 

At least he’s the only one who’s showing abit of aggression, which I felt we were really lacking this year. Only Jorginho and perhaps Mount showing aggression, the rest is soft. Reece James has the potential to become a right powerhouse, I’d love to see crunching tackles from him. His pure power when going for a header is amazing.

Not sure throwing Gilmour into the mix tomorrow against Liverpool is the correct answer.  As for jorginho, I like some of his game, really don't like others.  Such a chalk and cheese player; however, I wouldn't mid us trying to swap Kante back and Jorginho a little further forward...why not?

6 hours ago, mad_mac said:

Not sure throwing Gilmour into the mix tomorrow against Liverpool is the correct answer.  As for jorginho, I like some of his game, really don't like others.  Such a chalk and cheese player; however, I wouldn't mid us trying to swap Kante back and Jorginho a little further forward...why not?

I like Gilmour but he looks way too fragile at times, I didn't like him in the United game at all, he got bullied and pushed around. I would avoid playing him against Liverpool, just gonna have to go with Barkley in the middle. 

5 hours ago, mad_mac said:

I think Jorginho would struggle even more as an attacking midfielder. He has the passing range to play there, but he struggles under pressure from the opposition. Imagine how much harder this would be for him playing as an attacking midfielder. 

8 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Or someone has to take a yellow for the team from time to time.  There was a lot of whining in the Arsenal match that Emerson couldn't take a tactical yellow for their first goal because he was already booked.

Sometimes, it adds up.  And you have to be honest, for a lot of posters in here, Jorginho being banned for a couple of games is a good thing, like when tossers cheers when their scapegoat player of choice gets injured or whatever.

Agree to a degree, but 10 yellow cards in the league and a ban in Europe already is mental considering we were only in February. 

14 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think Jorginho is being given a lot of stick from fans and I think it is undeserved, It seems like whenever we go through a rough phase he is usually the first one to get the blame. The reason he gets the blame is because he tends to take the responsibility a lot more than a few of the others in the squad, he is always there assisting the defenders to play out from the back, he is not afraid to put in professional foul to break up play. He is one of very few leaders in the whole squad and the amount of criticism he gets is unjustified, we've got a long line of players who should be questioned about there role this season and Jorginho is definitely not at the front of it. 

I agree with this. Similarly to last season, before our massive dip in form, he was receiving quite a bit of praise. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the criticism he's been getting of late, though it's always been more of a collective issue for me.

Unfortunately, in this day and age especially, scapegoats are a common theme. And our main scapegoat has been our manager, for his lack of managerial experience. Spurs made it to the CL final last season and sacked their manager for a past-it Mourinho. This is Lampard's second season in his managerial career. What were people expecting with our injuries and the loss of hazard and the transfer ban? It's baffling the amount of moaning we get constantly about everything surrounding the club, by our own fans.

I've recently watched some of our matches from earlier this season and we were being praised, left right and center, and rightly so, even from our rivals.

I'm convinced patience no longer exists in football. All of the positives of this season have long been forgotten. It's now considered a complete disaster.

Edited by Amputechture

I felt he lost his head in the Bayern game. That is something you shouldn't do as a leader which Jorginho is. He blew a fuse, took a yellow card and couple of minutes later we are 0-2 down. Now I am not an idiot by saying that was the reason we fell apart but it doesn't help a senior player is on the edge. At that moment we were gaining momentum in the game and suddenly we absolutely fell apart and lost the match.

Anyway we need our leaders at this point of the season to push us forward. There is a clear void of leaders in our side. I am pretty disappointed in Rudiger in that sense and Somewhat in Azpilicueta.

5 hours ago, evissy said:

I felt he lost his head in the Bayern game. That is something you shouldn't do as a leader which Jorginho is. He blew a fuse, took a yellow card and couple of minutes later we are 0-2 down. Now I am not an idiot by saying that was the reason we fell apart but it doesn't help a senior player is on the edge. At that moment we were gaining momentum in the game and suddenly we absolutely fell apart and lost the match.

Anyway we need our leaders at this point of the season to push us forward. There is a clear void of leaders in our side. I am pretty disappointed in Rudiger in that sense and Somewhat in Azpilicueta.

I've noticed that when Jorginho comes off the bench he normally promptly gets a yellow, I can understand some of his yellows when he thinks they will make a break yet not all of them.

Neither Rudiger or Azpi are playing that well themselves so to expect them to be leaders may be a bit of an ask.

Rudiger scored a brace in one match and Azpi has scored a couple of times too, don't think we can blame them for not being natural leaders though they are trying.  I think Frank partly went 5 at the back to keep Azpi on the pitch as he is the closest thing we have to a leader.

This is his second season and he is the player that instructs and fights for the team the most, this is why he is already our vice captain.

He got some of his yellow cards after arguing with the ref which is very bad but nobody else seems to ever complain to the ref, Azpilicueta is just too nice, we had this same problem last season.

On 01/03/2020 at 03:45, Jangz said:

he will be out for the next two league fixtures after his 10th yellow.. With Kante out injured aswell, interesting to see who plays in the deeper role between Billy and Barkley. My money is on Billy starting considering how SFL has approached it. 

Looking increasingly likely after last night! Please now predict us to win the FA cup and Liverpool to not win the PL!

On 02/03/2020 at 22:24, Slojo said:

I like Gilmour but he looks way too fragile at times, I didn't like him in the United game at all, he got bullied and pushed around. I would avoid playing him against Liverpool, just gonna have to go with Barkley in the middle. 

On 02/03/2020 at 16:16, mad_mac said:

Haha, the posts have aged well! I don’t think anyone ever saw this coming though. What a treat.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Jorginho ain't getting back into the team if Glimour keeps this up. He's doing everything Jorginho does and more. 

That is a big if, you need more than two games to demonstrate that an 18 year old will continue to perform.  

Edited by kiwi1691

8 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Haha, the posts have aged well! I don’t think anyone ever saw this coming though. What a treat.

I know, but I can only go by what I see, in the United game he got bullied and he even admitted it. He said after what Maguire did to him and said to him he'll never allow himself to be bullied again, looks like he learned a big lesson from that game.