Two Transfer Window Ban?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Could be very grim, but they banned us years ago over the Kakuta signing, but we got that overturned when it was proved we hadn't broken any rules.

Interesting that the report states FIFA are investigating five Prem clubs, but only Chelsea are named. Similar to how that paper covers racist incidents.

4 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Interesting that the report states FIFA are investigating five Prem clubs, but only Chelsea are named. Similar to how that paper covers racist incidents.

Indeed. The goings on at Millwall on Saturday seem to pale into insignificance compared to anything involving us. Weird isn't it...

I think there is a good chance we will get a transfer ban when the investigation is completed. However in most cases a club can appeal and that usually allows you to keep going while the case is heard. So in that scenario we might be able to bring some players in for another window before receiving the ban.

If we get a transfer ban then hopefully that will be for a January transfer window.

Either way we’ve got a huge summer coming up. We will need to spend a stupid amount of money and huge rebuilding, with the aging wingers need replacing, David Luiz isn’t getting any younger, and we’ve got the never ending striker problems too.

We may sell Hazard to fund for a few transfers this summer. Don’t see how we can spend 200m+ without selling any players.

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

No problem, maybe the sooner the better so that the academy players get the chance they deserve.

Or, senior players who should be moved on will be retained and given contract extensions through fear that the academy can’t be relied upon.

41 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Or, senior players who should be moved on will be retained and given contract extensions through fear that the academy can’t be relied upon.

That's a bit too much don't you think? What a 33-34 year olds Willian and Pedro getting a new extension and Hudson-Odoi,Pulisic still sitting on the bench? I mean...I just don't see it.

So after all the previous incidents we didn't learn our lesson? It's quite staggering if this turns out to be true. What kind of management does the club have? Some of the players involved aren't even worth the trouble. I've always been skeptical of the whole loan army thing. We rarely give them chances in the first team, and I'm doubtful they bring in enough money to justify the trouble. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JM7 said:

Breaking news..

”Chelsea have been given a two-transfer window ban by FIFA for breaching rules around the transfer of minors. “

More to follow on @ESPNFC shortly

Its happening...

Yikes! Incoming contracts for Willian, Pedro, Luiz, Higuain

1 minute ago, DukesOfHazard said:

Sure we can delay it but should it be that we can't I'm trying to see the small potential positive of being forced to use some of the talented youth we have around.

No way they would just hand out contracts to the ones they should be shifting out. Not ideal when you have a manager who thinks players are at their peak between 27-33yrs.

“The club have the right to appeal to Fifa and then to the court of arbitration for sport (Cas). It is possible they could delay their punishment until after this summer’s window via appeals, which can be time-consuming, meaning they would be free to make signings between the beginning of June and the end of August.”