Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

1 minute ago, haviet1 said:

That's quite a statement.

Obviously, I haven't follow Chelsea as much as you folks; but when I think of Chelsea, the first names that come to mind are Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Cole, etc. 

I am sure Hazard is up there with those guys, but the greatest?

Just my personal opinion, I was born in 95 so I grew up during the Drogba, Makalele, Lampard, Terry, Cech Essien and Cole era, my favourite player as a kid was Hasselbaink. 

But Hazard for me was our most talented player we've ever had here and I feel sorry for him at times because he actually played in an era around many subpar attacking players around him but he still managed to win us games. He pretty much won us the 2015 title on his own, almost everything went through him. 

I hope some posters have a look at how quickly they are to make sweeping judgements on players.

You only have to go back 5/6 pages, and theres talk of pulisic not being anywhere good enough. 

There was also a fair bit of negativity when we signed him. Im not sure why, maybe its because he is american, and not Brazilian or Spanish.

He had a slow start, looked like he was struggling with the pace and physicality, although you have to take into account, his situation, new country, new league, new manager, no summer break, snd he is still a kid. 

I really like his attitude, and i think that will go a long way to help him prove the doubters wrong during his career here. 

USA! USA! USA! 

49 minutes ago, big blue said:

I hope some posters have a look at how quickly they are to make sweeping judgements on players.

You only have to go back 5/6 pages, and theres talk of pulisic not being anywhere good enough. 

There was also a fair bit of negativity when we signed him. Im not sure why, maybe its because he is american, and not Brazilian or Spanish.

He had a slow start, looked like he was struggling with the pace and physicality, although you have to take into account, his situation, new country, new league, new manager, no summer break, snd he is still a kid. 

I really like his attitude, and i think that will go a long way to help him prove the doubters wrong during his career here. 

USA! USA! USA! 

Yes I recall the negativity too, nor do I think he will blow the league away just that we have a good player that has potential and hopefully at SB he will flourish.

4 hours ago, big blue said:

Rep and respect!

Unfortunately, we live in a world where we constantly demand instant gratification. We lack the patience to allow sometimes for one to adapt and grow.

We yanks that followed him during his Dortmund days knew that he needs to grow physically, be more clinical with this shootings, and greatly improve his final passes. I think he's developing very well so far under Lampard.

3 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Yes I recall the negativity too, nor do I think he will blow the league away just that we have a good player that has potential and hopefully at SB he will flourish.

That's correct. I don't think we should be expecting the second coming of Hazard, but a very good player that can contribute to Chelsea and help win games like he did in the past 3-4 games.

6 hours ago, big blue said:

The negativity had nowt to do with his nationality!

It was more to do with negative opinions from Dortmund and German football fans who said we'd hugely overpaid for an inconsistent, not that great a player with no end product.

Hard to get too excited by a signing when you're hearing that.

54 minutes ago, Dixons said:

The negativity had nowt to do with his nationality!

It was more to do with negative opinions from Dortmund and German football fans who said we'd hugely overpaid for an inconsistent, not that great a player with no end product.

Hard to get too excited by a signing when you're hearing that.

What teenage player isn't inconsistent, and doesnt have issues with end product? 

Surely his potential was obvious, if you watched him and looked at all the things he does well. 

Its almost as if some fans were adamant that the 19 year old pulisic from Dortmund would be the same as the 23 year old pulisic at chelsea, without even acknowledging he would in all likelihood improve significantly. 

He still might go on to flop, and be a waste of money, but its too early to be calling him the next freddy adu, or calling out marina for wasting money. 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

What teenage player isn't inconsistent, and doesnt have issues with end product? 

Surely his potential was obvious, if you watched him and looked at all the things he does well. 

Its almost as if some fans were adamant that the 19 year old pulisic from Dortmund would be the same as the 23 year old pulisic at chelsea, without even acknowledging he would in all likelihood improve significantly. 

He still might go on to flop, and be a waste of money, but its too early to be calling him the next freddy adu, or calling out marina for wasting money. 

Pulisic will NEVER become anything like Adu, I will bet my money on that.

There were many things that went wrong with Adu.

1 - Turned professional at 14 years old against grown men, what kid would do this and last?

2 - Lack strong family values and support. Dad wasn't around, mom work multiple jobs, etc.

3 - Bought into his own hype and started dating celebrities, go on TV shows, doing commercials, partying----instead of spending the time in training and learn the game

From what we've seen and heard, Pulisic has extremely strong family support and educated parents who value amazing work ethics. Both mom and dad played soccer and involved with professional soccer. Both parents are college educated. Every former coaches speak very highly of Pulisic. Very humbled young man, work hard, train hard, keep his head down and keep working. I can only see success in his future.

On 27/10/2019 at 18:46, Slojo said:

Just my personal opinion, I was born in 95 so I grew up during the Drogba, Makalele, Lampard, Terry, Cech Essien and Cole era, my favourite player as a kid was Hasselbaink. 

But Hazard for me was our most talented player we've ever had here and I feel sorry for him at times because he actually played in an era around many subpar attacking players around him but he still managed to win us games. He pretty much won us the 2015 title on his own, almost everything went through him. 

I was earlier and recall Zola and Di Matteo and Gullit so although being impressed with many others it started earlier.

I think the key thing started with Bates offering training facilities for Hoddle after Spurs turned him down and Hoddle brought in Gullit and Gullit brought in Vialli................

12 hours ago, big blue said:

USA! USA! USA! 

I couldn't give a damn where a player is from, how they play for Chelsea is all I care about. I was negative about him because I hadn't seen enough to suggest he was going to be as good as some people said he would be. From the day we signed him, I have been wanting to be proven wrong about him, just like when we signed the likes of Morata and Bakayoko, and if he can keep performing as well as he did against Burnley, then I will be delighted 

2 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Pulisic will NEVER become anything like Adu, I will bet my money on that.

He's already done more in 3 years than Freddy Adu did in his whole career. I'll even go as far as to say that Pulisic's hat trick against Burnley was better than Freddy Adu's whole career.

Can someone makes an all touches video of Pulisic today? Sadly I won't be able to watch this game.

Assuming he gets the start or has significant minutes as a sub.

14 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He was disappointing tonight, I thought he would be on a high after the hat-trick, but it was the complete opposite. We need him to be more consistent, he can't afford to keep blowing hot and cold like he has done so far this season.

Exactly this, he didn't once try to take on his man he just went backwards and safe every time.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Nobody in this game was!  Why does CHO get a free pass?

He doesn't, there has been a lot of people criticising his performance tonight, probably more than what Pulisic is getting. It's not a competition on who gets the most critcism anyway, they both had a poor game.

37 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He doesn't, there has been a lot of people criticising his performance tonight, probably more than what Pulisic is getting. It's not a competition on who gets the most critcism anyway, they both had a poor game.

Agreed Scott. It seemed like without space to run into they struggled to consider other ways to create. Kovacic was similar.

was very congested in the middle of the park... while Bats got the goal, his hold up play was non-existent.. to compound matters we were not able to play out from the back.. which meant slow and labored possession and everytime CHO/Pusilic got the ball they were doubled up and hence had little or no options.. I just thought our quality apart from the two CBs and Jorginho was really poor.. BG and Kovacic hardly had any impact... Alonso was well alonso.. a mid/lower table FB starting for us... having said that Utd created next to nothing and scored from two set pieces... 

10 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Nobody in this game was!  Why does CHO get a free pass?

CHO hasn't got a free pass. Both were equally poor and have to do better if they want to be in the first team on regular basis and I'm sure they both will.

5 hours ago, Nibs said:

CHO hasn't got a free pass. Both were equally poor and have to do better if they want to be in the first team on regular basis and I'm sure they both will.

CHO was infinitely better than Pulisic. CHO was involved. He gave them something to think about, even if the quality was missing, he got on the ball. Pulisic? Non-existent. I didn't even realise he was playing.