Sindre

Christian Pulisic - Official

1 hour ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

REALLY?!?!  He was completely run over from behind.  It should have been a foul as the Burnley player had to go through him to get the ball.

Yeah..it would be a bit harsh to blame him for that goal. There were 9 other players out there to help defend. But Pulisic did admit that was an error on his part, and want to do better to correct it.

5 hours ago, the special one said:

Happy for him and hope he enjoys his moment - just needs to learn not to get caught in possession unnecessarily. For me he was culpable for Rodriguez's goal. Hazard wasn't perfect either but he earned the right to get away with it.

that was an unbelievable strike from 30 yards out.. we had enough artillery back then.. just the quality of the stirke was immense.. i would be happy if all counter attacks led to short from such a distance.. because Jay is never going to scrore another like that.. 

Not trying to get ahead of myself here but Pulisic might actually bring more goals to his game than Hazard. I know he wasn't a big goal scorer at Dortmund but he seems a lot more direct than Hazard ever was. 

If you take Hazards penalties away his goal record is actually not impressive at all, particularly in Europe. One of the major flaws in Hazard's game that.

Welcome to the hat-trick club, Christian! He becomes the 18th player in the Abramovich era to achieve a hat-trick.

• Didier Drogba = 4
  • Frank Lampard = 4
  • Nicholas Anelka = 2
  • Eden Hazard = 2
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink = 1
  • Eidur Gudjohnson = 1
  • Salomon Kalou = 1
  • Fernando Torres = 1
  • Samuel Eto'o = 1
  • Andre Schurrle = 1
  • Diego Costa = 1
  • Oscar = 1
  • Michy Batshuayi = 1
  • Alvaro Morata = 1
  • Ruben Loftus-Cheek = 1
  • Olivier Giroud = 1
  • Tammy Abraham = 1
  • Christian Pulisic = 1

Wonder about the amount of time it will take the public and media to start pronouncing his name correctly. It's the same bloody thing over and over again. 

Wiki suggests he is happy for either 'Pusilik' or 'Pusilitch'.
The name appears to be Croatian going back to his grandfather.
Yes. This is what he said when he came here. Pulisik is the correct one.

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

Wonder about the amount of time it will take the public and media to start pronouncing his name correctly. It's the same bloody thing over and over again. 

Captain America = Capitano Americano? Ah it's a title anyway!

I think what some people are forgetting about Pulisic is that he's still very very young, I mean he's younger than Tammy for starters, if this was our own academy player we would be hyping him up like mad. Don't get too caught up with the price tag and the American media, we've got a solid player here with potential, not many 21 year olds do that or score hattricks in the Premier League. 

Graham Souness called him Pulich after the Ajax game.

It seems to me that the dude is feeling or has felt a tremendous amount of pressure because he’s American in this sport and feels a tremendous burden to be something special.  I don’t know that to be the case but he had a little breakdown against Canada when he was taken off and seems to have reset himself.

This might be off base but I like to write fiction and it makes for a good story.  

In any event I hope he just continues to go out there and hit the ball around and just play the game.  He’s really fun to watch.

4 hours ago, evissy said:
5 hours ago, Strider6003 said:
Wiki suggests he is happy for either 'Pusilik' or 'Pusilitch'.
The name appears to be Croatian going back to his grandfather.

Yes. This is what he said when he came here. Pulisik is the correct one.

Right you are.  It was always “Pulisik”, but during his time in Germany, the Germans started calling him “Pulisitch”.  “Pulisik” would be the standard American way of pronouncing it, solely based on the way we pronounce each letter.

10 hours ago, Slojo said:

Not trying to get ahead of myself here but Pulisic might actually bring more goals to his game than Hazard. I know he wasn't a big goal scorer at Dortmund but he seems a lot more direct than Hazard ever was. 

If you take Hazards penalties away his goal record is actually not impressive at all, particularly in Europe. One of the major flaws in Hazard's game that.

Just looked at Hazard's stats last season. 16 goals and 15 assists in the EPL? That's a monster season. His best year ever in a Chelsea shirt?

I wonder if the EPL is a better fit for Pulisic for his direct games. Many of us yanks were afraid the EPL might be too physical for Pulisic, due to his small stature. But I see he's beginning to use his body and arms more to push away defenders. One of the most common critique of Pulisic during his Dortmund days is that he falls to the ground too easily on the slightest touches. I think he's learning to say on his feet more in the EPL.

2 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Right you are.  It was always “Pulisik”, but during his time in Germany, the Germans started calling him “Pulisitch”.  “Pulisik” would be the standard American way of pronouncing it, solely based on the way we pronounce each letter.

Back in the 80-90's there used to be spoof teams based on name endings.

The Ukrainians  ended in 'enko' the Yugoslavians in 'ic', the Italians in'i', there were others for the Romanians and Bulgarians and the the Dutch were the exception with prefixes of 'Van ders'.

2 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Just looked at Hazard's stats last season. 16 goals and 15 assists in the EPL? That's a monster season. His best year ever in a Chelsea shirt?

I wonder if the EPL is a better fit for Pulisic for his direct games. Many of us yanks were afraid the EPL might be too physical for Pulisic, due to his small stature. But I see he's beginning to use his body and arms more to push away defenders. One of the most common critique of Pulisic during his Dortmund days is that he falls to the ground too easily on the slightest touches. I think he's learning to say on his feet more in the EPL.

For all of Hazards ability his biggest flaw was scoring goals, I think he's the greatest to ever wear the blue. 

I just expected more from a player with the skills that he has to score more goals, he always lacked that killer instinct, it's why he won't be the answer to Madrid's problems. Madrid already had players that could create chances, their problem was goals, why they signed Hazard I really don't know, they needed a goal scorer. 

That's why I say it with disappointment (on hazard's part) that I think the likes of Pulisic will score more goals than him, because Hazard is obviously by far the superior footballer but he could never rack up that tally, just look at what Mane and Salah do, and imho Hazard is better than both of them. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

For all of Hazards ability his biggest flaw was scoring goals, I think he's the greatest to ever wear the blue. 

That's quite a statement.

Obviously, I haven't follow Chelsea as much as you folks; but when I think of Chelsea, the first names that come to mind are Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Cole, etc. 

I am sure Hazard is up there with those guys, but the greatest?

While there’s no doubting Hazards ability, I do think the way he played made it difficult for the team to develop and at times, made us weaker. Jose, Conte and Sarri all said the same by giving him essentially a free role.