Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Sat 12th Jan 17:30 UK

I won't argue with a lot of you, I think there are so many people who come in here with preconceptions and stereotypical ideas, and so grab onto anything that validates those preconceptions.

Regardless of how much you want to believe it, Willian did not have a bad game today.  I'm always happy to criticise when a player plays badly, but it's f**king ridiculous some of what you people post, and has absolutely no relationship to reality.

Still, at least we didn't have some dick celebrating because Willian got injured this time, eh?

Edited by yorkleyblue

1 minute ago, TheSage said:

Sarri, like most top managers, is very stubborn, but if he doesn't ditch this his false 9 thing it will cost us and may cause Hazard to leave. 

I don't think he stubborn on the false 9, think he's trying to make the point to the board, we don't have  a real 9. In fact we have 4 wingers better than our best 9.  

3 pts, not a great performance but we did enough. Great goal by Willian though like others was guilty of bad misses, we have to get more clinical. Hazard at false 9 doesn't work, only when he drops deeper does our best player affect the game. Kante though is getting better and better in his new position.

12 minutes ago, Zeta said:

3 points, but I remain unconvinced.

Hazard is not a striker, not matter how many times it is tried. Playing him there is only going to make up his mind about leaving, if he is still deciding.

Good Performances: Luiz, Rudiger, Pedro
Below-Par Performances: Kante, Kovacic
Poor Performances: Alonso, Jorginho, Hazard

Don't want to slate him but Kante was below-par against Wolves too. Wolves played exactly the same as Newcastle today (5-4-1). I think Kovacic/Barkley are better suited for this type of game personally.

Edited by the special one

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I'm not for splashing out ridiculous money for a 31 year old, Callum Wilson is also a massive no. 

I think we need an alternative than those two. 

There are none though. Higuain knows Sarri and his system, that goes a way to making his settling in easier. There are literally no other strikers of Higuain's ability out there to acquire this month. The board's scouting has been pretty poor for years. They need to make smarter signings like Liverpool did with Mane and Firmino. 

Edited by enigma

1 minute ago, atomis said:

Yes the match Winner and a good goal to boot. But that does not mean he hasnt been crap all season.......a very good servant but a better yonger alternative was needed summer time.

It's that type of stuff that creates this whole rift with Willian on the forum. People are too tribal, one goal and it's "Haha take that Willian haters!!" and then on the other side you have people being ridiculously petty making snide comments "Aha but he works hard right??", but Scott definitely isn't one of those people. 

Just be sensible over it, I think it's fair to say he's bad very bad this season and one of the biggest underperformers in the starting 11, and given his current age and mentality as of late it's very fair for why people should think we need to get a replacement. 

1 minute ago, enigma said:

There are none though. Higuain knows Sarri and his system, that goes a way to making his settling in easier. There are literally no other strikers of Higuain's ability out there to acquire this month. The board's scouting has been pretty poor for years. They need to make smarter signings like Liverpool did with Mane and Firmino. 

So did Jorginho right? And he's really struggling as of late, the last thing we need to do is throw 60 million at an overweight striker and put him in the fastest league in the world, especially when they're coming from the Serie A. 

1 minute ago, Dean said:

New here. wanted to get a few things off my chest reading various threads.

1. A lot of you are way too negative and impatient.

2. You’re too critical of Willian. He’s a good player.

3. You’re also too critical of Kovacic. Did nothing wrong today, put hazard through for second goal. Linked up well and showed great composure in defense. He’s a seriously classy player. You’ll see if only you show a bit more patience. Trouble is....

4. ... Jorginho. Here all your cricticisms are justified. I just don’t get it.Apart from the lack of striker, this is the big structural problem as the team has apparently been built around him, with others in midfield forced into unfamiliar roles. So all your criticisms of kovacic, kante in other threads are in fact criticisms of jorginho. Trouble is sarri brought him in and feels he has to play him. Pride/loyalty? All that said...

5. Sarri is doing a good job. Those of you calling for him to be sacked... seriously??? It  shows a massive sense of entitlement. It’s not an easy club to work at,  and there are structural problems there too. Given Chelsea’s current situation, its clout, financial and otherwise, relative to other teams, 4th place would be a great result. Which of the current top 3 should we be ahead of? Lucky to have Sarri really. Again - patience!

1 - No we're not, we are saying it as we see it, and the majority of our play is slow and dull to watch. If it was something new, I think the fans would be more patient, but it's actually been something that has been a problem at the club for a long time now. Sarri so far hasn't improved that, if anything, his tactics have made it worse.

2 - No we aren't too critical of Willian. Willian's overall contribution to our attacking play has been poor since he arrived. Sorry, but a few long range worldies doesn't change the fact that most of his attacking play is really poor. Willian is at his best bringing the ball out of defence and starting our attacks, when he approaches the penlaty area, 9 times out of 10 it breaks down. His crossing, corners, finishing, passing and touch in the final third is poor more often than it isn't.

3 - Kovacic is a tidy player but nothing more. He's too quiet for me, he doesn't do enough. Throughout most of the game you wouldn't have even known he was on the pitch.

4 - Jorginho I am still half and half on. When he plays the one touch quick passing, he looks really good, but in recent times he has played the game at such a slow pace that it is making him look pretty average. 

5 - Nobody is saying Sarri should be sacked.

8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I'm not for splashing out ridiculous money for a 31 year old, Callum Wilson is also a massive no. 

I think we need an alternative than those two. 

Honestly, there's no one else on the market atm, I don't believe getting Higuain on loan until we get a more long term striker is a bad thing tbh. 

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

4 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I won't argue with a lot of you, I think there are so many people who come in here with preconceptions and stereotypical ideas, and so grab onto anything that validates those preconceptions.

Regardless of how much you want to believe it, Willian did not have a bad game today.  I'm always happy to criticise when a player plays badly, but it's f**king ridiculous some of what you people post, and has absolutely no relationship to reality.

Still, at least we didn't have some dick celebrating because Willian got injured this time, eh?

And people saying "f**k you Willian haters!!" and "Willian is such a bad player ey??" after he scores a goal isn't really that civil either no? 

Why can't both sides just be objective about it, you might not think he has had a bad game today (I certainly think he did) but nobody could say he is having a good season and at the age he is I think it's about right that we should all be agreeing with the idea that we should be getting a replacement for him. 

1 minute ago, enigma said:

This is the club's problem with the hiring and firing issue, they end up bringing in managers with different ideas, so need players with entirely different qualities. Now the squad is mixed with players suited and not suited to this system. This club is infuriating at times. 

I honestly believe the board is still living in 2007, still thinking we can buy any player and work wonders or change managers every two years and still win (well this has kinda been the case actually in the last 15 years lol but this may stop this season alas). 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

So did Jorginho right? And he's really struggling as of late, the last thing we need to do is throw 60 million at an overweight striker and put him in the fastest league in the world, especially when they're coming from the Serie A. 

Bringing anyone is a risk tbh, but form is temporary and class is permanent. Higuain has another couple seasons in him. This league is also less tactically adept than in Italy so he will likely find it easier to find space and score. I think Jorginho is adapting to the league, figuring out his teammates (remember he comes from a system where everyone knew what they were doing, it was like clockwork) and also suffering from fatigue due to the pace of the league and playing every game. I hope it helps when/if Parades comes to ease the load off Jorginho. 

5 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Sorry Slojo, but he ain't overweight and he ain't £60m .

Just now, Osgood is Good said:

Sorry Slojo, but he ain't overweight and he ain't £60m .

He's had issues with weight and fatigue in his playing career, as for the price tag I'm assuming it's the same price Juve will be asking for last season in this crazy market. Unless he has a last year on his contract or something I'll be surprised if we get him for much less. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

He's had issues with weight and fatigue in his playing career, as for the price tag I'm assuming it's the same price Juve will be asking for last season in this crazy market. Unless he has a last year on his contract or something I'll be surprised if we get him for much less. 

We should try for rest of season loan, maybe even keep him on if he does well. Also look to bring in Icardi if we can otherwise there's a limited market for strikers at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I think it will be closer to the £35m that Milan agreed last summer. 

I think his weight and fitness are okay. At least he won't be getting knocked over in the wind, not mentioning any names. 

8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Whether he has had weight issues or not, the facts remain that he ain't overweight and he ain't going to cost £60m. AC Milan have an option to buy at £32m if the papers are correct.

If we are going to put forward a criticism let's be accurate, because you know how it is on here

Edited by Osgood is Good

16 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

tbf Yorkley, The Shed End is a lot better than the twitterphere - I believe many fans draw their opinions from the talking head media, who are jealous dirty red supporters (I let people choose what dirty red side they want) - on another note, Side Show Bob is proving he can pull the strings from the backline & play some good defense - I am liking what I am seeing from him lately - that no-look pass to create the first goal was sublime 

12 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Honestly, there's no one else on the market atm, I don't believe getting Higuain on loan until we get a more long term striker is a bad thing tbh. 

It's not a good thing either. Higuain is past his good days. You can't pretend to want to improve the squad like this, either spend money or don't there is no middle ground.

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

It's not a good thing either. Higuain is past his good days. You can't pretend to want to improve the squad like this, either spend money or don't there is no middle ground.

Im not arguing against spending. It's simply impossible to get a striker in January, so either we make do with what is available in Higuain and wait until the summer or we don't spend and rely on the false nine until the end of the season. It's pretty obvious we need a striker right now so I personally wouldnt have a problem with the former option

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

We are better when we move the ball quicker. Second half we seemed better, but I’m still not convinced we have the personnel is areas like LB and Center forward. I’m sorry but does alonso have something on sarri doing a naughty? Why does he keep starting ? He really is a liability.

i hope we go in for Higuain I don’t care but we are desperate.

Edited by Jezq8

9 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

Whether he has had weight issues or not, the facts remain that he ain't overweight and he ain't going to cost £60m. AC Milan have an option to buy at £32m if the papers are correct.

If we are going to put forward a criticism let's be accurate, because you know how it is on here

Fair enough, I admittedly have little knowledge over the Higuain situation so excuse my ignorance. But I'm not a fan of the age factor and when I hear that he has issues with weight and fatigue I don't like that idea either. If it's cheap then maybe it's good for the short term. 

12 minutes ago, big blue said:

I think it will be closer to the £35m that Milan agreed last summer. 

I think his weight and fitness are okay. At least he won't be getting knocked over in the wind, not mentioning any names. 

Good point.

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

Im not arguing against spending. It's simply impossible to get a striker in January, so either we make do with what is available in Higuain and wait until the summer or we don't spend and rely on the false nine until the end of the season.

Agree. Unfortunately, this is what we are up against. I would personally prefer to get a striker and make the top 4, at least then we might be able to get Hazard and CHO to stay.