Chelsea v Newcastle (PL) Sat 12th Jan 17:30 UK

9 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Not at all. I’ve obviously picked up what you’ve meant wrongly. I read it as they’ve been sh*t for the last 3 managers consistently but if as you’ve explained you  mean in spells then I totally get where you’re coming from.

As for the bit in bold if you read some of the stuff on here at times it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise for someone to make that claim.

But now you’ve explained it I get your point mate.

I think that’s what’s most frustrating is the talent is there, I think sarri works because the creative players aren’t being forced into rigid defensive duties, he wants to play with flair we just need a striker for that to happen.

i also think he is on to something with the sports psychologist or whatever it’s called because our mentality is weak as a team nothing like when we had characters like JT, Frank and Drogs, we are too passive and I think that can be helped by the managers and that is part of their job but we are missing some steel. 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

It was far from a good performance, other than the two goals, I think we created one other decent chance which was early in the second half for Pedro. It's a win though and that is what matters the most.

Willian had two other quality chances imo.  chip of the keep, and the one he pulled to far in on the near.

The board need to bring in Higuain. Whether they think he is or isn't the answer, He is Sarri's preferred choice not Callum f**king Wilson, and he is all that's available in this window. The board need to act ASAP, they have been negotiating for too long. 

Edited by enigma

3 points, but I remain unconvinced.

Hazard is not a striker, not matter how many times it is tried. Playing him there is only going to make up his mind about leaving, if he is still deciding.

Good Performances: Luiz, Rudiger, Pedro
Below-Par Performances: Kante, Kovacic
Poor Performances: Alonso, Jorginho, Hazard

Edited by Zeta

New here. wanted to get a few things off my chest reading various threads.

1. A lot of you are way too negative and impatient.

2. You’re too critical of Willian. He’s a good player.

3. You’re also too critical of Kovacic. Did nothing wrong today, put hazard through for second goal. Linked up well and showed great composure in defense. He’s a seriously classy player. You’ll see if only you show a bit more patience. Trouble is....

4. ... Jorginho. Here all your cricticisms are justified. I just don’t get it.Apart from the lack of striker, this is the big structural problem as the team has apparently been built around him, with others in midfield forced into unfamiliar roles. So all your criticisms of kovacic, kante in other threads are in fact criticisms of jorginho. Trouble is sarri brought him in and feels he has to play him. Pride/loyalty? All that said...

5. Sarri is doing a good job. Those of you calling for him to be sacked... seriously??? It  shows a massive sense of entitlement. It’s not an easy club to work at,  and there are structural problems there too. Given Chelsea’s current situation, its clout, financial and otherwise, relative to other teams, 4th place would be a great result. Which of the current top 3 should we be ahead of? Lucky to have Sarri really. Again - patience!

Good win, we moved the ball really well in patches, and got the important 3 points.

Pedro and Willian's goals were both excellent, and but for better finishing both could've had more.

The striker situation is still the obvious major flaw, and we could certainly use a goal threat in the midfield three, but we're just about getting there with the squad we have.

Good to see a great reception for Hudson Odoi also, thought he was unfortunate not to start, in fairness Willian and Pedro had good games, but lets hope the Bayern link disappears and he can keep keep competing for a first team spot here.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

It was far from a good performance, other than the two goals, I think we created one other decent chance which was early in the second half for Pedro. It's a win though and that is what matters the most.

I thought we created quite a few good chances. Pedro missed 2 second half, and Willian missed one in each half. 

Perfomance wasn't great again though. 

Big 3 points. If we can get a win next week at arsenal we would have a fantastic vision.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Nope, he has still been unimpressive all season and one goal is not going to change my mind on his performance, we need a better alternative. 

Yes the match Winner and a good goal to boot. But that does not mean he hasnt been crap all season.......a very good servant but a better yonger alternative was needed summer time.