Chelsea vs Huddersfield Town (PL) Sat 2nd Feb 15:00 GMT

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Surely Higuain will learn from that. When you have a chance, just go for it. The premier league is way too intense to take time on the ball.

Good score so far, a little better performance but still not quite there yet. Good job we’re playijg Huddersfield today! 

There is a huge improvement at our defending work, you can always see us having more players than Huddersfield's in every place on the pitch.

We are playing against the worst team in the league and still giving them some chances. I would like to see CHO doing what Diakhaby did to us in the first half.

Bring CHO and RLC  in the second half, put some fresh football.

Wouldn't mind to see :

Hazard - Higuain - CHO

Willian - Kante - RLC 

COME ON CHELS!!!!! 

A decent first half, tempo is there, hunger is there, it makes a big difference. We are still a bit worrying when it comes to teams counter attacking us though.

Is Hazard playing more centrally? I have barely seen him on the wing today. He's giving Huddersfield all kinds of problems running through the middle. Nice goal by Higuain and Kante making a pass like the best creative players do. I liked that Hazard's penalty was hit with anger too. 

I wish the attitude was more like it is today on a regular basis. We are forcing things to happen which is something we need to do every week, not just the big games or as a reaction to a bad result.

Edited by Scott Harris

2 0

Average so far imo given the oppo.

Weak pen imo, but again, blame the refs : when it's legit + VAR, refs dont give it anyway (cf the 2nd leg in the LC vs spuds and hazard being literraly slashed down and the ref not giving a fcuk ...) ... There's gotta be compensation somewhere I guess !

Kanté looks fantastic though ! Jorginho's doing good too ! But again, conceded opportunities there and there, not that much clinical yet in front, huddersfield being sihte probably helps ... Hoping to see better in the 2nd HT.

much better today. hazard and willian actually working back.

Penalty was soft, but I thought the second was nailed on.

Good finish from higuian, should've put his foot through that one at the end though.

Alonso, Barkley and Jorginho have been better.

Christiensen also having a solid game.

Hopefully get a couple more second half.

I think we saw a few glimpses that half of what Sarriball is meant to look like (couple of really nice quick combinations), which is encouraging. Some potentially really costly errors though  - Hazard giving the ball away when he shouldn’t, Kepa trying out a Rene Higuita special. Pretty soft pen but I won’t complain.

2 goals up at half time (could have been more), a first goal for Higuain, and a massive improvement over recent performances. Most of the players are having a decent game. Anybody not satisfied with that should just stop watching football and go find another hobby. Or just stop posting in this thread at least.

Great that its 2-0 but whatever score this ends up it looks like we're going to concede everytime we lose the ball.

I hoped after the Arsenal home game that in 5 or 6 months time we'd be better when we turn the ball over, but we're not, we're worse.

No time for players who want to look good first.

This might not be a popular opinion but despite the score i still believe we are very poor, the opposition is simply poorer. With this team and this style of football we don't belong in top 4 EPL. This team is not my Chelsea but a bunch of mercenaries that cannot be arsed to fight for the club. After the humiliation last week i would have expected more heart and effort today. What i see is same " can't be bothered ", side passing, heartless football that irritates equally CFC supporters and third parties. I don't know what it takes to inject a bit of heart and passion in this bunch of prima donnas.

3 minutes ago, big blue said:

much better today. hazard and willian actually working back.

Penalty was soft, but I thought the second was nailed on.

Good finish from higuian, should've put his foot through that one at the end though.

Alonso, Barkley and Jorginho have been better.

Christiensen also having a solid game.

Hopefully get a couple more second half.

It was definitely a foul on the pen, but think it might have been just outside the box.  Would have been an interesting one for VAR.

1 minute ago, BadBlue said:

This might not be a popular opinion but despite the score i still believe we are very poor, the opposition is simply poorer. With this team and this style of football we don't belong in top 4 EPL. This team is not my Chelsea but a bunch of mercenaries that cannot be arsed to fight for the club. After the humiliation last week i would have expected more heart and effort today. What i see is same " can't be bothered ", side passing, heartless football that irritates equally CFC supporters and third parties. I don't know what it takes to inject a bit of heart and passion in this bunch of prima donnas.

Guessing you didn't see our offensive players busting a gut to get back and defend or the lads at the back throwing themselves at every ball.

Hudhud are fighting for their lives, they've given it a good go in this first half with what they've got. 

Just now, BadBlue said:

Thats because we lack leaders and characters in this team. Manager cant do it all. 

1 minute ago, BadBlue said:

I'm just happy that after the big 4:0 loss we are winning the very next game. Also I don't think anyone is ever bothered when Pep's city plays side passing the whole game, it's only a problem when our team does it...Same for people complaining about Jorginho, had he chosen to play for Pep's city, by now people would talk about him as if he's the PL's Xavi because of the amount of passes he can do per game, but because he's our player, he's bad.

Cheer up.