Chelsea vs Man Utd (FA) Mon 18th Feb 19:30 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

What manager do people want? As soon as the first sign of problems everyone is calling for the manager's head. When does it stop and the coach is backed?
People keep talking about wanting long term stability, but this fickleness shows they don't. 

I fully behind Sarri 100% but he needs to try something different because we are very easy to play against. Tonight the players actually tried but even if United didn't score we wouldn't have scored we just wouldn't thats the problem that even when the players are trying the system is easy to counter

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Zidane has almost a perfect record as a manager, he won't come here unless Roman gives him something like 300m for transfers.

Give him it as no other manager worth their salt is going to take the job. Each successful Chelsea manager has been given the money, but he would need to control the transfers.

1 minute ago, enigma said:

What manager do people want? As soon as the first sign of problems everyone is calling for the manager's head. When does it stop and the coach is backed?

People keep talking about wanting long term stability, but this fickleness shows they don't. 

I want to see stability but I have to see a glimmer of something beginn8ng to work, just a glimmer. Sarri is showing us nothing but stubbornness and an inability to change his system or even try to adapt to the EPL.i have no confidence in him ever changing his ways or becoming successful here.

6 minutes ago, abramovich said:

For those who always blame the players, the effort was there for everyone to see, they WERE trying. But once again, it was clear that whatever system Sarri wants them to play simply isn't working with this particular group in this particular league. The man is is clearly out of his depth here, he knows but one way of playing, and if it's not working he's like a child lost in the woods.

I was waiting for him to show some sign of improvement, some changes, even a hint at Plan B, but he's still as clueless today as he was months ago.

I thought the players definitely showed up tonight. it's just a few of them aren't good enough. 

Alonso and Luiz make mistakes defensively nearly every game. 

Sarri shouldn't be picking players that have let him down in previous games, so it's all on him tonight in my opinion. 

A new manager wont do much better with this squad though, we are weak in all areas of the pitch. 

Just now, Brutos said:

I fully behind Sarri 100% but he needs to try something different because we are very easy to play against. Tonight the players actually tried but even if United didn't score we wouldn't have scored we just wouldn't thats the problem that even when the players are trying the system is easy to counter

Try something different like what? The players aren't good enough. A formation change isn't going to help. We have played under a defensive coach, people said it was boring and we need attacking coach, we get an attacking coach and people are saying it's not good enough.

I am really confused. The top three clubs in the league have showed faith and patience in their managers. Arsenal will most likely show faith in Emery. 

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

Problem is you have to be sure you are backing the right man. A lack of a Plan B is enough reason to believe he isn’t. 

Would you trust him with a fat transfer kitty in the summer? Remember if the experiment fails you will set the club back many years with expensive players on fat contracts.

I thought the players put in a decent shift tonight yet Utd defended also when we crossed it didn't find it's target.

Not sure where we go from here, looks like we will lose the League Cup which will leave the Europa and trying to get into the top 4 which looks unlikely.

For me Jorginho  is too limited in his all round game to be a regular and especially in these big matches, 

2 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I'm finding it hard to forgive Sarri for his Teresa May like persistence with a failing approach. Using Kante - our best defensive midfielder as they guy who has to give us forward impetus is mad and he's only doing it to force Jorginho's position into the team. and Jorginho just isn't cutting it in England, he's ok but he's not good enough 

1 minute ago, FRANKIE66 said:

Zidane NOW! If the players f**k up he will head but them!! Terry as Number 2! Zola is a legendary player but mediocre as a coach or manager, sorry to say hes out of his depth as is Sarri!

I too have lost faith in Sarri. He seems to be out of his depth, has no plan B and other teams have worked out how to play against us. His substitutions are predictable, especially his reluctance to give Hudson-Odoi a chance.

However, above all I blame Abramovich, as investment in the team has been lacking for several years now. Has he given up on Chelsea? If so then ffs sell up. Zidane has already, allegedly, made demands that he has a big transfer kitty before he would consider taking the job and I suspect any potential manager would be crazy not to do likewise. The board demand top 4 but don’t back the manager. Spend f**k all but expect miracles? No wonder we’re no longer competing with the top 3.

Just now, enigma said:

Try something different like what? The players aren't good enough. A formation change isn't going to help. We have played under a defensive coach, people said it was boring and we need attacking coach, we get an attacking coach and people are saying it's not good enough.

I am really confused. The top three clubs in the league have showed faith and patience in their managers. Arsenal will most likely show faith in Emery. 

All theses managers are proactive and will change formation/tactics at the 1st sign of danger. Even in Pep’s first season when he was losing games, he threw the kitchen sink at the opposition; playing with 5/6 attacking players. You can’t be chasing games and not change the shape of your team. The Zappacosta sub was just ridiculous.

I am sick of the managers using transfers as an excuse. Blaming someone else signing them. Dont take the job if you want to handle transfers. Sarri in fairness hasnt used that excuse YET but there is so much he is doing wrong that Chelsea need to change. 

10 minutes ago, enigma said:

And when Zidane doesn't get results? 

I think there's more to it than not getting results.

We are not playing well at all and Sarri has shown nothing in regards to being able to adapt even slightly to change our fortunes.

If we were making progress or Sarri was trying something different to turn this around I'm sure we'd all be happier but it's the same week in and week out  regardless of how bad the result was or how poor our performance.

Edited by DukesOfHazard

13 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

How on earth did we go those fifteen games unbeaten at the start of the season? What happened?

Managers other than Sarri have this ability I hear is called "learning".

Soak up the pressure, don't let yourself get exposed. Every 15 minutes of pointless passing around the box, we make a mistake and give the ball away dangerously, pounce on that and get an unimpeded run on our goal.

9 minutes ago, enigma said:

People keep talking about wanting long term stability, but this fickleness shows they don't. No coach is gonna want to stay long term if the club themselves can't commit. 

We all want stability and for the manager to be backed, but we can't just back any coach. If they aren't good enough, then it would be stupid to back them. There were better coach's in the past that we should have backed, like Conte, Mourinho and Ancelotti. Sarri looks out of his depth, just like AVB and Scolari.

I'm not sure who we could bring in right now that would turn us around though. It's not just the manager that looks out of his depth, the players do too, and I'm not sure there is a coach out there that can turn this group around.

6 minutes ago, enigma said:

Ah just give it a rest for once. Dont you have an off switch. I dont think anyones in the mood for your constant Sarri worshipping without any shred of evidence to back it up. 

We arent an attacking team. If you think for 4 months struggling to get goals and barely having any shots on target is attacking, then help us all. Every single game we can name the starting lineup to a man, and we can name every sub. Its so predictable its unreal.

Hudson odois treatmemt has gone from a joke to outrageous now. Our best defender in Christensen never gets decent gametime, and our slow defence gets torn apart. He blames the players when we lose, and when we win then its his football. Ive had enough for a long time now. Our play the majority of the time is boring, hes so predictable, hes alienating all our young talents, and our season is falling apart. We have now lost at home, and never once in that second half did we look like scoring. Those substitutions were disgraceful.

16 minutes ago, enigma said:

Six out of eleven starters today won the title only two years ago. No-one expected Sarri to mount a title challenge, but the top four spot was quite a realistic goal. We don't have the squad to compete for the title but we are a whole lot better than what we've seen under Sarri so far.

Ranieri won the league with Kante, Mahrez, Vardy and a bunch of midtable dross. It's called managing your squad, motivating them and realizing their potential to the fullest. Sarri knows f**k all about that. If we had another 90 minutes after the final whistle we'd still spend it passing the ball around.

Edited by abramovich