Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

4 hours ago, erskblue said:

I used to look on and wish it was us in a European Final.

Back as a young Chelsea supporter, when teams such as Liverpool,Nottingham Forest, Ipswich Town, Villa  and Aberdeen (!) were in European Finals in the late 70s and late 80s.

Thank goodness I'm off work today, pre match nerves have kicked in since I wakened up !

This post has made me smile.  I've seen so much on social media, whether on Twitter or on here, with fans who don't seem to care if we win or not and many doubting our chances compared to the other lot.

It's good to see that some fans still remember how lucky we are to be in a final, any final, especially against Arsenal.

Can we just get back to enjoying football, please?

Well done erskblue.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Kante is apparently “definitely out” according to the media. 

The whole preparation seems like a joke and our performance will match. 

I really hope it’s not another meek performance from Sarri and the boys. 

I'll have this weeks lottery numbers whilst you're at it.

20 minutes ago, LampardsRightFoot said:

This post has made me smile.  I've seen so much on social media, whether on Twitter or on here, with fans who don't seem to care if we win or not.....

Who here has said that? Call them out on it as I’ve not seen that myself!

As for Twitter, that is expected! Far more plastics on there than actual supporters! It pisses me off that the journo’s take quotes off it from ‘fans’ to publish in the press! It’s embarrassing! 

4 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

Who here has said that? Call them out on it as I’ve not seen that myself!

As for Twitter, that is expected! Far more plastics on there than actual supporters! It pisses me off that the journo’s take quotes off it from ‘fans’ to publish in the press! It’s embarrassing! 

Few people on the earlier pages of this thread i seem to remember. They did get rightly called out by most of us at the time.

1 hour ago, Phillip said:

I agree with Dkw.

The people who write that Arsenal wants it more than us are just plain wrong; any professional playing in such an important match as a Europa Cup final wants to win it desperately, and to argue otherwise shows a profound ignorance as to the mindset of professional footballers (or professional athletes of any sport for that matter.

Totally agree. They may need it more, but we'll be just as up for it. Also means there is added pressure for them. 

We're severely depleted if Kante is out, but I'll back our quality to pinch a win. 2-1. Can't wait.

Starting to get a bit excited now reading through this forum, wasn't before but am now!  And nervous too!  Want to beat them so bad, and to win this trophy again.  Have a feeling it will be a weird game, what with all the controversy etc. just hope it's a good one to watch!

Definitely putting a bet on this too, was quite surprised to see we're favourites for it and odds on to win, tempted to put a cheeky fiver on Arsenal...?

I don't know what to say really... All these issues before the game, injuries, maybe it's a psychological way of Sarri to let Arsenal think that they're favourites and then we will come underdog.

But if not, then we have only one player for this game and it's Eden Hazard. I'm not really confident today, hope I'm wrong.

COME ON CHELS!!!

There's an awful lot resting on Eden's shoulders. It almost feels like Eden v Arsenal. I just hope he turns up tonight and produces a fitting farewell.

Still fascinated to see how many are there. Expecting a near as damn it full house as I'm sure between UEFA and the Azerbaijani authorities, they'll make sure it's full even if they need to force locals into the stadium at gunpoint.

2 hours ago, LampardsRightFoot said:

This post has made me smile.  I've seen so much on social media, whether on Twitter or on here, with fans who don't seem to care if we win or not and many doubting our chances compared to the other lot.

It's good to see that some fans still remember how lucky we are to be in a final, any final, especially against Arsenal.

Can we just get back to enjoying football, please?

Well done erskblue.

It's perhaps just me being an 'old fashioned' Chelsea supporter.

Okay then, an Old Git !

We have absolutely no reason to fear playing this Arsenal side.

Come on Chelsea.

Just score one more goal than them tonight.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Won 2 of our last 10 games against Arsenal apparently. Is this true? 

Wouldn't surprise me, Conte became Wenger's bitch, we were always losing to them under him even when Arsenal were utter dog sh*t. 

Basically since Mourinho left our record against Arsenal has been piss poor.