Mason Mount

Chelsea Megastore

13 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Averaging a goal/assist every 1.7 matches this season. Great numbers from him. 

He's looked well suited playing beneath two strikers vs as one of the wingers in the attacking three. Finds pockets of space very well through the middle. 

Tbh there's not much difference to the actual positions he finds himself recently and where he was playing at the tail end of last season. It's more to do imo with the personnel who operate around him.

Mason has much better synergy with Timo than Romelu, its no coincidence that once Mason, Timo and Kai are playing together they all look more comfortable in attacking areas and their conversion rates have risen. 

Imo Mason Mount is the only player bar maybe Kai when he plays through the middle who has a specific unique role in the 11 (you could argue Ngolo as well in the pivot). Mason when at his best in Tuchel's system, is a hybrid between a 3rd central midfielder and a 3rd attacker.

21 hours ago, Argo said:

The latest straw clutch is that 3/4 of them were against the bottom half and a lot of the assists were set pieces.

That said I actually think he was a lot better last season despite what the g/a stats say but his place is under no threat anytime soon.

He was more of an unknown quantity to opposing teams last season. Many young players burst onto the scene only to have a quieter second season, opponents especially coaches, get to know the strengths and weaknesses.The good ones then kick on. I’d expect his contributions to steadily increase as he approaches peak age. 

6 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I am always nice to you Munk, you wonderful man

Love Myself Kiss GIF by WWE

Relaxed Cat GIF by sheepfilms

You’re not being nice to me by praising Mason - you’re messing with higher powers we don’t understand. Please, tell us how sh*t he is before it can’t be undone!

6 hours ago, Munkworth said:

You’re not being nice to me by praising Mason - you’re messing with higher powers we don’t understand. Please, tell us how sh*t he is before it can’t be undone!

Would that make you a happy kitty?

happy grumpy cat GIF

@AlexGoldberg_: Mason Mount For Chelsea In The PL

1st - Goals

1st - Assists

1st - Goals + Assists Per 90

1st - Shots On Goal

1st - Chances Created

1st - Big Chances Created

1st - Passes Into Penalty Area

1st - Shot Creating Actions

And that's a bad season? Not bad for a squad player

We hold Mason to a very high standard.  He gets much praise and his fair share of criticism.  

Have to remind myself he is only 23, and now has 12 goals this season, 10 of which in the PL.  I'm sure he'll increase that tally come seasons end.  For comparison, Frank, a top 5 club legend however you slice it, didn't hit double figures until his third season at 25 years old.  Granted they play slightly different roles and the game has changed, but it is reminders like this that keep me grounded with Mason.

A sublime player, and full of character.  Future captain (between Reece and him) for me.

Ok Munk, Mount will have to up those percentages big time today as he has a 2/3rd sh*t defence behind him, one striker who misses 5 out of 6 good chances and another striker who only bothers if the ball is put on the 6 pence he wants it to be.

About time Mase scored a free kick too, not had one all season right? That is a bit lame.

Shesh has he been sh*t these past few games. Allowing those bloomin gunners and spammers to talk carp about him again. Bar the assist to Dave vs Arsenal he has just been so badly off it. Him and Havertz were shocking bad today.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Shesh has he been sh*t these past few games. Allowing those bloomin gunners and spammers to talk carp about him again. Bar the assist to Dave vs Arsenal he has just been so badly off it. Him and Havertz were shocking bad today.

Both needed a rest. Ziyech or Pulisic should have started today.

3 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Both needed a rest. Ziyech or Pulisic should have started today.

Yeah they did both cut very tired displays. Could start Pulisic, Lukaku and Ziyech against united to rest them. Could be quite fun starting rom against his two former clubs and listening to what they sing.

10 hours ago, turnyitb said:

Amazes me  the stick he gets on here , works his absolute nuts off every game for the team for the full 90mins as well as most of our attacking play going through him. 

Agreed. And for those who love stats his, at the age of 23, are not far away from Frank's at the same age. I do think his form has dipped a little this season but nowhere near as much as many other far more experienced players.

10 hours ago, turnyitb said:

Amazes me  the stick he gets on here , works his absolute nuts off every game for the team for the full 90mins as well as most of our attacking play going through him. 

You do know that said stick seems to fluke with his coming back to form in a big way right?

Plus it makes @Munkworth a happy kitty when I give Mount stick.

Kitty Awww GIF

8 minutes ago, loz said:

Agreed. And for those who love stats his, at the age of 23, are not far away from Frank's at the same age. I do think his form has dipped a little this season but nowhere near as much as many other far more experienced players.

Hos form has dipped, but it's dipped from outstanding player of the year, to superb player of the year candidate. Its ridiculous that he still gets stick, but in fairness its mostly from the social media hard of thinking cretins.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Hos form has dipped, but it's dipped from outstanding player of the year, to superb player of the year candidate. Its ridiculous that he still gets stick, but in fairness its mostly from the social media hard of thinking cretins.

Hey now I am just a regular hard of thinking cretin. No Twitter or Instagram for me thank you...