Chelsea v Liverpool (FA) Tues 3rd Mar 19:45 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

It's mental... getting a little extra space away from the corner flag makes you feel like you have a cleaner swing... like being under a tree playing golf, you KNOW you have enough room, but it's just in your head that you might hit a branch with a back swing. 

When I was a kid, right footed on the left side, the first time I saw a corner flag, I uprooted it and threw it to the side... lol

There's so little room for a run up on some of these pitches as well, that any little advantage, even if it's just mental, is still an advantage you want.

Iam trying to take onboard what you have pointed out ,but for iam dam sure of myself that this thought process of nicking a inch two help a players mindset when taking a corner never happened in the 1970s,80s,90s,early 2000s and its only came into the game in last few years .would love to know what player or team that started the ball rolling with this mindset .

Was traveling yesterday so didn't manage to see it live.  I was pleased to read about Barkley getting a goal, and that Kepa had made some great saves.  Manged to watch it on replay today and I think Kepa had a very good game, but other than the goal Barkley again showed that he's a backup player at best.  

What a shaky start to that game, and I wonder if that comes from changes in the CB pairing, but thankfully didn't concede and then took the game to Liverpool which was refreshing to see.  Yes they had about 7 changes, but still a great team and we should hold our heads high.

Injuries look to really plague us this season, and I'm struggling to think what formation we play against Everton at the weekend.  I hope Kova is fit, because in the post match interview, Lamaprd said that even RLC knows that he's not fully match fit, so I can't see him starting.  I could see us playing 3-4-3 but who makes up the midfield 2 I don't know!

Love seeing Billy getting MOTM, I felt he'd get overrun in the midfield but his composure was exemplary for a lad of only 18; he looked more mature than some of his seniors in that game. I try not to get too hyped about him, as anyone that's known me over the years knows that I've longed to see another Scotsman in the ranks of Chelsea.  I hope he gets a couple more games, or at least game time while Jorginho is out.

Frustrating that we didn't score more, but onto the next round, so that's all that matters.  I do have to call out Pedro, though.  I though he played well, but frustrating.  His defensive contribution was exceptional, his finishing was maddening.  I think he ran out of steam around the 75 minute mark, and therefore I think he's got to be replaced in the starting 11 next season.  Hopefully by then all our young lads, and Ziyech will be ready to go.  Absolute stalwart of a player, and I'll miss him, but the time is right to accept that this is his final season with us.

20 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Assuming no upsets it would be nice if the draw ended up as:

Sheff United vs Leicester 

Man united vs Man City

Chelsea vs Newcastle

Spurs vs Arsenal.

Iam sat watching the Spurs v Norwich game now 1-1 85 mins played and if i was a betting man i put a few ££££
on the later as the spuds dont look interested at all 

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Got a feeling we will get City away next round ?

Not this time or does that mean we will beat Leicester and meet Pep's boys in the semis.............. ?

Still Leicester vs Brenden's chaps will be an interesting one.

Leicester away in the quarter-finals again then, same as 2 years ago in March 2018, hopefully a good omen as we won the FA Cup that season!

I was at that quarter-final away at Leicester back 2 years ago, was a close match but we edged it in extra time, think Leicester with their recent slump in form generally are very beatable now too so cautiously optimistic we can do them again.

That last spuds pen was pure tracking shocking chaps ,as bad as Pat nevins effort vs man city yonks back .

but for whatever reason the Spurs player Deir or is it Dier has gone and run into the stands where all the spuds were leaving the ground ,somert must have touched his nerve to do the headless chicken 

9 hours ago, Salato said:

Leicester away in the quarter-finals again then, same as 2 years ago in March 2018, hopefully a good omen as we won the FA Cup that season!

I was at that quarter-final away at Leicester back 2 years ago, was a close match but we edged it in extra time, think Leicester with their recent slump in form generally are very beatable now too so cautiously optimistic we can do them again.

Apparently practically every time we draw Leicester we go on to win the FA Cup (1997, 2000, 2012, 2018), or so the Chelsea app claims. 

8 hours ago, ddrblue said:

That last spuds pen was pure tracking shocking chaps ,as bad as Pat nevins effort vs man city yonks back .

but for whatever reason the Spurs player Deir or is it Dier has gone and run into the stands where all the spuds were leaving the ground ,somert must have touched his nerve to do the headless chicken 

Wee Pat's penalty was in 2 ft of mud, the Spurs one was on a bowling green. We beat City that night but Nevins penalty is still talked about more than 35 years later, Google it youngsters, it's a joy to behold!

Edited by chi blue

2 hours ago, chi blue said:

Big allocation, just hope it's a sensible KO time

Lets hope its not a sensible time, then with the big allocation i might get 4 tickets or more, got loads of family chelsea fans.

4 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

It'll likely mean to win the Cup we'll have to beat 4 of the other top 6 teams in England. 

Liverpool-Leciester-ManC-ManU...........notice how it gets easier as you go.?

Say anything you want about Liverpool but their leadership through VanDijk and Klopp is brilliant. I watched Klopp's post game presser and you can't get a more level headed assessment as he gave. Same goes to VanDijk who could have got Giroud sent off after the high boot challenge. Instead he wiped his face and got on with the game. Hope more footballers look his on pitch actions instead of Neymar or Ronaldo.

27 minutes ago, evissy said:

Say anything you want about Liverpool but their leadership through VanDijk and Klopp is brilliant. I watched Klopp's post game presser and you can't get a more level headed assessment as he gave. Same goes to VanDijk who could have got Giroud sent off after the high boot challenge. Instead he wiped his face and got on with the game. Hope more footballers look his on pitch actions instead of Neymar or Ronaldo.

Don't tempt me!

12 hours ago, Salato said:

We also played Leicester in 2012 when we won the FA Cup, but that was at home.

1 hour ago, luckywerthers said:

What a game !! They may have the league wrapped up but it makes wiping the smile off that grinning buffoon klopps face all the sweeter.

And Barkley's goal !! I could not stop laughing

Klopp is having a wobble, I expect them to shake it off starting with Bournemouth. 

What I would say though is their aura of invincilibity has been broken, they will still win the league yet some teams will go for them and some will get a result.