Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

Scott Harris

29 minutes ago, The Brit said:

If we go out Wednesday, which is a real possibility, we shouldn’t be too down. It’s remarkable Tuchel picked up the mess we were in and got us this close.

I kinda of expect it. Will it be disappointing still of we go out? Sure but between Frank and TT we have had a really good CL campaign.

I think Pep would prefer to face Real over us, I think our style is harder for them to play against.

Roll on tonight, huge game! Credit to Frank and TT for getting us here.

12 hours ago, just said:

Yep, but it was getting on my nerves when the match commentary team were raving about every block he made as though it was the bravest thing ever done by a defender.

JT and Gary "he-won-it-all" Cahill used to do that every week!

Nevertheless, it was clear to see how much more the City players wanted it, and how much more each individual gave for the team.

When Mahrez scored the first goal, the only thing that went through my mind was how a JT or Cahill or even David Luiz,  Thiago Silva or Rudiger would never ever have let that shot come in without throwing themselves in line with the shot. There's no way they would have allowed that to go through by dangling a foot out. What a poor effort from PSG.

And Diaz and the City defence showed that they were capable of putting their bodies on the line today, which doesn't bode well for us.

12 hours ago, Gol15 said:

They have the experience but they don't look like they're ready for another final, they are not as good as a unit as they were, to me they look like their generation has passed its peak.

I think Pep wants Real Madrid to reach the finals, I'm sure that he will be prepared regardless but I don't think he would prefer to face us, for him to win is huge and he has had trouble against us, but to win over Real Madrid well that would be simply the best possible scenario for him I guarantee it.

That's what everybody said when they won it in 1998, they had an ageing team and were playing a Juventus that looked amazing with Deschamps, Davids, Zidane, Del Piero, Inzaghi... Yet, they ground their way in the final. We'll see tonight, I'm confident that we can beat them, but we need to be on 120% since the start. If they go through, I don't think City will beat them easily.

21 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

If you're a Man City supporter, who would you rather face out of us and Real? I genuinely don't know the answer to that...

Madrid, less shame on losing to Madrid than losing to Chelsea. 

41 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

If you're a Man City supporter, who would you rather face out of us and Real? I genuinely don't know the answer to that...

If their is a small chance of the final being moved,( if its an all English affair), to Wembley with fans, they will want us. I wouldnt be surprised if it was moved seeing as Turkey has a higher infection rate than any European country at present. But if RM get through that'll be out the window.

Capture.JPG

After having some time to digest the game last night I have to say that Pochettino got his tactics so horribly wrong and has not really learnt much from his time at Spurs when we thumped them 4-2 in the FA Cup Semi-Final. PSG had literally no defensive shape at all and the first goal conceded was laughable which was a simple ball over the top by the goal keeper and the fullback starts the run inside his own half and is pretty much behind the defensive line, you could've mistaken that to be the last 10 minutes of the game with PSG chasing a winner.

Even going forward there wasn't any plan of attack, they didn't look to target either flank and the only real pattern of attack was to get the ball to Neymar and hope. Don't even get me started on the challenges which were flying in which was reminiscent of the battle of the bridge.

Poch is an absolute fraud.

Just now, DidierDrogbalala said:

Last time we see Arsenal in Europe for a long time ? i think so.

Oh God yeah! Forgot about their horrid league form for a minute then! Yeah that could well be them out of Europe for a long time. Even without European distractions next season, I can't see them making the top 5.

Willian offered nothing. Arsenal keep paying huge sums for older disinterested players. They don’t learn their lessons 

Well, here is my insightful offering on the match tonight.  I'd forgotten how much I hate the font used for Arsenal players' names on the back of their shirts.  Who designed that - someone in year 3 who thought it was cool and reminded them of knights?

Wow, just read that's the first time they will be out of Europe for 25 years.  Just think in that time we've won five European trophies, 1 x Cup Winners Cup, 1 x Super Cup, 1 x Big Ears and 2 x Europa's. They haven't won a European trophy since around 1992 if I remember rightly.

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Willian offered nothing. Arsenal keep paying huge sums for older disinterested players. They don’t learn their lessons 

They keep thinking they can Moneyball the league, that they're buying cheap players temporarily out of form rather than unable to cut it at a top level any more.

• coco unpinned this topic
  • Mod Stark locked this topic