Scott Harris

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2020/21

Man City seem to be going after Koulibaly too. Even though our window has been good, if Koulibaly goes to City, I am going to feel totally gutted. 

31 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Paul Pogba: Manchester United midfielder tests positive for coronavirus - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53932853

Apparently several of our own players have tested positive to the virus as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/27/chelseas-pre-season-preparations-disrupted-with-players-in-quarantine

28 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Paul Pogba: Manchester United midfielder tests positive for coronavirus - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53932853

I think the latest players tested positive from coronavirus will be just the tip of the iceberg. Its unrealistic to expect players and their families to stay a full season in some kind of protective bubble.I would expect a lot more during this season to be either positive or required to isolate. Be interesting to see how football copes with this problem, at present just one player away on international duty can postpone a match in the lower leagues, how many quarantined would do the same?

13 minutes ago, enigma said:

Man City seem to be going after Koulibaly too. Even though our window has been good, if Koulibaly goes to City, I am going to feel totally gutted. 

We can't buy everyone 

I just saw an add on Amazon primevideo of a new reality/documentary starting august 31, All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspurs. I believe this will be even funnier then watching Arsenal fan tv after a loss, hopefully they show Dele Alli and others raging out after one of their losses to Chelsea.

38 minutes ago, comtrend said:

I just saw an add on Amazon primevideo of a new reality/documentary starting august 31, All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspurs. I believe this will be even funnier then watching Arsenal fan tv after a loss, hopefully they show Dele Alli and others raging out after one of their losses to Chelsea.

Should just put a big x through "All or"...

Every time I get distracted and look back to see a close up of an Arsenal player, I wonder why he's bleeding. Then I realize it's just the shirt design. What a terrible kit.

23 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Nike is making the same shirt for us and Liverpool, same pattern with the line on the side and on the sleeve...

That's about the only similarity. Thank goodness ours isn't white though

Liverpool look like they have zero creativity apart from hoof ball from the fullbacks and hoping Mane does something. Missing Trent’s long ball today. 
They are good in Europe and when they got clear like last year. But suspect they’ll bottle it when it’s close in England however. Can’t see them retaining the league with no real signings and such a weak mentality. 

1 hour ago, Zagger said:

Liverpool look like they have zero creativity apart from hoof ball from the fullbacks and hoping Mane does something. Missing Trent’s long ball today. 
They are good in Europe and when they got clear like last year. But suspect they’ll bottle it when it’s close in England however. Can’t see them retaining the league with no real signings and such a weak mentality. 

They've won the CL, and the League, it'll be interesting to see if they still have that fire. 

One thing that impressed me about Ferguson is how he would keep his team motivated even after they won a league title, a lot of teams really struggle doing it. 

On 28/08/2020 at 12:45, comtrend said:

I haven’t watched it but I assume it ended more on the nothing side of things?

I hope this knack for winning doesn't continue for Arsenal as it's a real hard to stop when a team get used to winning silverware

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

They've won the CL, and the League, it'll be interesting to see if they still have that fire. 

One thing that impressed me about Ferguson is how he would keep his team motivated even after they won a league title, a lot of teams really struggle doing it. 

If Liverpool don't sign anyone else this Summer it will be 2 years since they've signed anyone that actually improves them

They have a great team as proved these last few years but in football that can quickly turn stagnant. It's so difficult to maintain success season after season

I feel Liverpool got very lucky with injuries last year, the likes of VVD, Salah, Mane, Firmino, TAA were mostly fit all of last season. A few injuries to key players could cause them problems, their backup options are pretty average

2 hours ago, Deino said:

Can't believe United bought Van De Beek. It'll be interesting how they fit him, Bruno and Pogba.

Good signing and very cheap. 

Anyone watching Spurs a All or Nothing? I’m just on first episodes. Obviously not fussed by Spurs but interested from a Jose perspective. 

On 30/08/2020 at 07:05, Munkworth said:

I haven’t watched it but I assume it ended more on the nothing side of things?

Well, I guess the title "Nothing at All" wouldn't attract too many viewers now, would it?

:Troll_Face: