Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

17 hours ago, RMH said:

I wish he mixed up the tactics from time to time to take advantage of all the players we have. While 343 is working, when CHO and Ziyech play maybe he could try 433. After all, except Alonso, we haven’t got natural wingbacks in the team, which suggests that we could easily play a different formation.

That's my biggest worry, James and Chilwell don't have the level of attacking output to be the pair of wingbacks every week.

I wouldn't be against trying Pulisic there as all be it only a friendly he looked okay there at The Emirates and he's not been cutting it in anyway shape or form on the left for sometime.

6 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Cech

Ferreira   Carvalho   Terry   A.Cole

Makelele

Essien       Lampard

Robben         Drogba       Duff

That’d do me nicely. 

That is one perfect lineup for 433. One dominant targetman, Two out n out winger. One goal getter mid, one box to box, one dm who can shield defense, two fb who are fb. 

I have 0 criticism 

6 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Cech

Ferreira   Carvalho   Terry   A.Cole

Makelele

Essien       Lampard

Robben         Drogba       Duff

That’d do me nicely. 

Imagine next season 2022/23    

Mendy

James  Kounde Christensen Chilwell

Jorginho

Kante             Mount

Havertz                                 Pulisic

Lukaku

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Mendy

Jorginho

Kante             Mount

Lukaku

This one on the other hand I have many criticism

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Mendy

Jorginho

Kante             Mount

Lukaku

With Jorgi in the team for me it’d have to be a 4-2-3-1 along side Kante like the Fabregas/Matic days. 

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

With Jorgi in the team for me it’d have to be a 4-2-3-1 along side Kante like the Fabregas/Matic days. 

You need to play willian/pedro to cover for Jorginho. You can't ask Jorginho to cover sideline 

Edited by Bob stark

5 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Bro with a less talented squad and essentially without a striker, with that formation with Jorginho we finished top 3 + won Europa league. 

Just now, charierre said:

This knee-jerk reation to undermine the importance of Jorginho makes no sense anymore. Every buildup went through him and we did just fine, the discussion isn't about Hazard but about the fact that we could rely on Jorginho in a 4-3-3 formation. Anything else is just denying the reality, our squad of today is better than the one we had back then.

38 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Bro with a less talented squad and essentially without a striker, with that formation with Jorginho we finished top 3 + won Europa league. 

Yes but I would like to win the league, fa cup, league cup and champions league plus any other competition we happen to be in. 

3 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Yes but I would like to win the league, fa cup, league cup and champions league plus any other competition we happen to be in. 

Kounde and maybe next summer we also get someone like Kalvin Phillips, then you got it all covered for all competitions no matter if its 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 IMO.

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

This knee-jerk reation to undermine the importance of Jorginho makes no sense anymore. Every buildup went through him and we did just fine, the discussion isn't about Hazard but about the fact that we could rely on Jorginho in a 4-3-3 formation. Anything else is just denying the reality, our squad of today is better than the one we had back then.

I agree and Jorginho is a very important member of . As for the trophies for that season…no Hazard no trophies or third place. 

Edited by charierre

On 16/09/2021 at 22:27, RMH said:

I wish he mixed up the tactics from time to time to take advantage of all the players we have. While 343 is working, when CHO and Ziyech play maybe he could try 433. After all, except Alonso, we haven’t got natural wingbacks in the team, which suggests that we could easily play a different formation.

The thing is though we're not playing a rigid 343 anyway. 

The Zenit game had Mount operating really close to Lukaku almost as a second striker with Ziyech playing almost in midfield. 

The amount of times Alonso strays infield he plays more like a midfielder in the opposition half than a wing back. 

Often Dave pushes into midfield to stretch play giving more options to the midfield 2 and the right wing back. 

Sure on paper it looks like we're lining up with the same formation most weeks but once we start playing there's individual tweaks to player instructions most weeks. 

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The thing is though we're not playing a rigid 343 anyway. 

The Zenit game had Mount operating really close to Lukaku almost as a second striker with Ziyech playing almost in midfield. 

The amount of times Alonso strays infield he plays more like a midfielder in the opposition half than a wing back. 

Often Dave pushes into midfield to stretch play giving more options to the midfield 2 and the right wing back. 

Sure on paper it looks like we're lining up with the same formation most weeks but once we start playing there's individual tweaks to player instructions most weeks. 

Good analysis 

Really good changes from Tuchel today, I wouldnt even say he got it wrong to start with either, having Mount in the front 3, should let us move to a 3 man midfield, but he was off the pace again today, so Tuchel made what looked like a defensive substitution, but in reality, it let us completely dominate the game.

Tuchel 3.7/10 from me today. Got lucky IMO. Very lucky.

If Messi is 90% fit would Barca have left him out? Ronaldo 90% fit would Real have left him out? No. No. No.

Tommy you do not leave N'golo Kante out of the starting line up for a huge game like today!! You just don't. 

You realised you had made a major blunder at half-time, but it was still a major blunder and you were lucky to get away with it. Jorginho. Decent player. Kovacic. Decent player. But for games like today, neither of them should ever, ever, be picked in front of Kante. He is on a different planet as a player. Full stop.